Question on Haunt

Ok so i'm new to playing affliction, and was wondering if I should use Haunt after all my DoT's or before for the best damage. Thanks (:

clearly before .. it gives your dots 20% dmg increased, so they need to be cast with it on.

doesnt matter.. you can dot something up and then haunt it wil stil apply the damage bonus to every dot.
    Damage modifiers auto up-date on every DoT tick. i always put my dots up first, wasting a 8sec cd haunt to see it dispelled away faster than u can cast UA seems silly.

so my opinion, Dots > haunt

and in PvE it doesnt matter to much either, but i usually soulfire then haunt, to allow the travel time for soulfire, before doing my DoT's coz dots work differently to haste modifiers i beleive.

I'm not sure that damage modifiers update the tics because if you activate a trinket on an already applied dot the tick doesn't update and the next one doesn't either

10+ Year Old Account
    The general rule seems to be that 'On use' abilities, such as Meta, Demon Soul and 'On Use' trinkets need to be activated before applying the DoT, whereas procs such as ISF, Hurricane enchant and 'On Equip' trinkets and debuffs can be applied afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Device View Post
    I'm not sure that damage modifiers update the tics because if you activate a trinket on an already applied dot the tick doesn't update and the next one doesn't either
    Yes it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always thought that dots auto-update with debuffs on the target so sb(5% crit), haunt, se stacks or boe(8% magic damage) doesn't force you to apply them before/reapply them. Buffs on yourself such as meta, trinket proccs, buffs you gain in a fight and the soulfire buff only take effect if you refresh/apply the dot after you gain the buff.