10+ Year Old Account

Reforging for Fire...Mastery->Haste?

Well, as the title says, I was wondering...on a piece of armour with +crit and +mastery, would it be beneficial to reforge the mastery to haste, for a firemage? I believe EJ has the two stats (haste and mastery) weighted with haste being only 0.04 more beneficial than mastery, so...is such a small difference worth it, or is it better to just "let it be"? Is there a spreadsheet master out there who can answer this?

Thanks!

Fire Mages prefer the following stats:

1) Intellect
    2) Haste when not soft cap
    3) Hit when not capped
    4) Crit
    5) Mastery
    6) Haste

Taken from here.

So if you have the choice between Mastery and Haste you'd want to choose Mastery.
    The 'soft haste cap' is 4-4.5% so you should have that without having to Reforge at all. =)
    Last edited by Sluimerstand; 2011-01-02 at 07:07 PM.

As said by "Tag of Fire", haste is your LEAST beneficial stat and hence it would be a loss to reforge Mastery into Haste. For some reason unknown to me, people tend to believe that haste is super important, which after the soft haste cap, it isnt, its actually the least.

Also, to reach the soft haste cap you only need 516 haste rating (around the 4-4.5% like Tag of Fire said, but rating is more exact) with 3/3 Netherwind Presence (3% haste from Arcane tree) . This is assuming you get 5% haste from someone in raids.

So here is the breakdown:

BEFORE YOU HAVE 516 HASTE RATING:

int > haste > hit > sp > crit > mastery

AFTER YOU HAVE 516 HASTE RATING:

int > hit > sp > crit > mastery > haste

516 haste rating is incredibly easy to obtain and so most likely you are over that, and the moment that you are over that, haste becomes the least useful stat.

Hence I always hover around 520 haste or so, if i get a piece that brings my haste up, i reforge it into crit/mastery etc since they all are more useful etc.

Up there I put the chain of inequalities of stats, for exact weights visit EJ.
    Last edited by Moropo; 2011-01-02 at 08:29 PM.

Should't hit to cap trump all other stats regardless of class/spec?

unless you're horribly under cap, being a little under for more int (for a fire mage anyways) is more dps, and idk if they've fixed it yet, but putting 1 point in pyromaniac gives you 5% haste reguardless of dots

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuku65 View Post
    ...and idk if they've fixed it yet, but putting 1 point in pyromaniac gives you 5% haste reguardless of dots
    Is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytanicus View Post
    Should't hit to cap trump all other stats regardless of class/spec?
    Intellect is king, even when the hit cap has not been reached yet.
    Though of course the only time you choose between Intellect and Hit will be with gems/enchants.

Quote Originally Posted by Muliercula View Post
    Is this true?
    Don't know, since it's not intended I go by the assumption it will be fixed soon anyways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muliercula View Post
    Is this true?
    It is. Currently, Pyromaniac works in the following way: You constantly have 5% haste, and if you put DoTs on 3 targets, you get an extra 5% haste, not 10%. This effect is the same whether you have one or two points in Pyromaniac, therefore the second point is redundant. It appears to have been this way for quite some time, so whilst it'll be fixed eventually, I can't see it being done particularly quickly, it's not making us overpowered.
    Last edited by mmocff3d43a755; 2011-01-03 at 01:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You get hit capped, then reforge all haste to crit if it's possible, and all mastery to crit if it's possible, you don't worry about mastery or haste as fire, you should have about 5% haste if you do this with full set from heroics and rep epics, you want crit crit crit crit crit.

Quote Originally Posted by KoolKidKaos View Post
    You get hit capped, then reforge all haste to crit if it's possible, and all mastery to crit if it's possible, you don't worry about mastery or haste as fire, you should have about 5% haste if you do this with full set from heroics and rep epics, you want crit crit crit crit crit.
    This, but gem and enchant for intellect, not crit.

Quote Originally Posted by What Do Now View Post
    This, but gem and enchant for intellect, not crit.
    Red Socket: Brilliant Inferno Ruby
    Yellow Socket: Potent Ember Topaz
    Blue Socket: Veiled Demonseye

Unless the socket bonusses aren't worth it. =)