Poll: Who doesn't love a good poll?

Thread: Blood PvP

Blood PvP

This is not MeowthThatsRight, but his friend. Anywho, I was thinking of getting my DK into the PvP circuit. My mage is completely geared up and I am bored with him. I was wondering what blood looks like right now? I assume they are impossible to kill but hit about as hard as a kid with a wet sponge. Are they viable to the extent of other classes or are they more like hunters in power?

Any advice on glyphs, stats and etc. would be nice. I know frost is the big man on campus, but I just came out of my frost mage and I am tired of the cold!

I don't know shit about DK but I dueled a blood one the other day and he just outhealed my dmg beating on my pet and when my pet was finally dead he turned around and smacked me around a bit. W/o a pet I can't get out of snares so it was pretty much GG. It just felt wrong that a DK could outheal my dmg.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Have you seen many of them around or are they just an oddity?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    DK and Pally tanks are OP in 1v1 PvP because of their ridiculous self-healing. My friend, a Hunter, and his Shaman healer friend did a 2v2 against a holy Pally/blood DK and CC'd the DK which allowed them to take down the Pally fast. Apparently they fought the DK for about four or five minutes before he went down. Either way, I hate fighting with them over herbs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamsus View Post
    DK and Pally tanks are OP in 1v1 PvP because of their ridiculous self-healing. My friend, a Hunter, and his Shaman healer friend did a 2v2 against a holy Pally/blood DK and CC'd the DK which allowed them to take down the Pally fast. Apparently they fought the DK for about four or five minutes before he went down. Either way, I hate fighting with them over herbs.
    Protladins, just like blood dks do great against melee dps classes. However, once you put them against any ranged class. it's all downhill, baby.

I saw something really lol today in IoQ. A protladin tanking 2 rogues and dk for 2 min than an elem shamman came and 3 shotted him. I laughed for half an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    I saw something really lol today in IoQ. A protladin tanking 2 rogues and dk for 2 min than an elem shamman came and 3 shotted him. I laughed for half an hour.
    Was doing TB dailies and a Disc priest thought he had to fear me as I tried looting some shackles so I just attacked him and his fury warrior buddy since I was with a random rogue that needed help for Problim. Long storry short, the rogue did 7 corpse runs while I was busy tanking the fury and mashing on the disc priest as the rogue finally managed to sap the drinking disc priest and I could finish the fury warr. The rogue literally dropped in seconds whenever he came out of stealth but I didn't even drop below 50% except the one time when the priest started nuking me...
    Being a tank in PvP you do great against physical damage, but once it gets 'magic' you are rather squishy.

Deleted
    I agree. From a Prot pally perspective I do great against melee damage plus the burst can be crazy especially in the 75-79 bracket (7k avengers shield when procced followed by a 10k shield slam is just silly). At least DKs have a few more options for controlling casters, you'd make excellent base defenders in AB/AV/EotS.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutella View Post
    you'd make excellent base defenders in AB/AV/EotS.
    Meh not really... You can block almost anyone in a 1v1 but once it goes 1v2 it doesn't matter if you are a rock, you'll just see the flag change color without anything you can do. And even a single person with CC can take the AB/AV flag from you. All you need is 10s of CC. No problem vs. shammy with their CD on CC, but spammable CCs break your neck if you want to defend for a longer period than just 20s. In AB/AV, just leave a rogue or feral, their harassment skills make them far superior for this job. With EotS style flags it holds some truth, but once it's 1v2 they just need to run in circles...