1. #9521
    Scarab Lord Noobadin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,005

  2. #9522
    Pit Lord Waaldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Seems pretty faked to me. Have it up on Steam atm, and it's -75%, and the white text for the "-150%) doesn't seem to match at all, and also is slightly pixellated and doesn't fit into the box they supply.
    Faked poor pic to my mind.
    It's legit, they fixed it quickly though. Even though it said -$10 you couldn't actually purchase it, when you tried to add it to your cart it just didn't work. Of course it doesn't fit in the box, the discount price is never supposed to be in the triple digits.

    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-11-17 at 01:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr
    I thought doing the toothpaste-tube-squeeze and vigorous shake was the "traditional" way.

  3. #9523
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    It's legit, they fixed it quickly though. Even though it said -$10 you couldn't actually purchase it, when you tried to add it to your cart it just didn't work. Of course it doesn't fit in the box, the discount price is never supposed to be in the triple digits.
    It's not just that though, if you looked at the '0's in the % symbol, they don't match the typeface used by the other ones. Also, of course they don't do triple digits, they just have like 8 choices or such, but they all match. If you look at the picture uploaded, it just looks grainy, pixellated, and a bad photoshop version. Sure it might be real, but just compare it to Steam live and that picture and it looks pretty bad is all

  4. #9524
    I invite you to make a screenshot of steam page and zoom it in in paintbrush. You will see it's grainy and pixelated, partially because the picture of the game is grainy on its own (probably jpg conversion) and partially because browsers may display stuff in different ways.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

    I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

  5. #9525
    Fluffy Kitten eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rezzing. Again.
    Posts
    3,958
    I haven't had time to sort through all 477 pages to see if this has been posted before, so if it has, my apologies. I still thought this was funny, because I am a dork.


  6. #9526
    I am Murloc! Luko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Danger Zone
    Posts
    5,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    It's not just that though, if you looked at the '0's in the % symbol, they don't match the typeface used by the other ones. Also, of course they don't do triple digits, they just have like 8 choices or such, but they all match. If you look at the picture uploaded, it just looks grainy, pixellated, and a bad photoshop version. Sure it might be real, but just compare it to Steam live and that picture and it looks pretty bad is all
    I'll just come right out and ask.

    Why are you here? O.o
    Listen kiddos, trust Handsome Jack. You want every part of this insanity.
    So many people are gonna die.

    Formerly Ryngo Blackratchet

  7. #9527
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Seems pretty faked to me. -snip-
    First off, it was indeed "-150%" the first 30 minutes. They then fixed it, at 75% off, as you said. Secondly what would I gain from Photoshopping it?



    Kinda long, so http://imgur.com/gallery/zby0C

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 04:34 PM ----------





    "First drunk text that I can make literally nothing from."




  8. #9528
    Pit Lord Waaldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,337




    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-11-18 at 02:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr
    I thought doing the toothpaste-tube-squeeze and vigorous shake was the "traditional" way.

  9. #9529
    Dreadlord Fishbait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    On a wild ride with Zebedee.
    Posts
    731
    Omnomnom


  10. #9530

  11. #9531
    High Overlord Ulmaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    181

  12. #9532

  13. #9533

  14. #9534
    Scarab Lord Noobadin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,005


  15. #9535
    Moderator Zoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    7,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    <Scooby Gang>
    Where is Shaggy and Scooby?

  16. #9536
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Where is Shaggy and Scooby?
    probably off getting stoned and stuffs :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    No, Worgie is right. If a group is larger than 10 it will automatically divide itself into hunters and gatherers and instinctively build a life around the general vicinity. Soon enough you'll have camp fires, pelts, and a hungry god demanding tribute by blood.

    It's basic human nature, Arlee. Trust me, I'm a marine biologist.

  17. #9537
    Pit Lord Waaldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    probably off getting stoned and stuffs :3
    I haven't watch scooby doo in so long, and I never thought of them as being stoned, but they are clearly stoned out of their minds now that I think back. Thanks for ruining one of my favorite childhood shows!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr
    I thought doing the toothpaste-tube-squeeze and vigorous shake was the "traditional" way.

  18. #9538
    Moderator Zoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    7,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    I haven't watch scooby doo in so long, and I never thought of them as being stoned, but they are clearly stoned out of their minds now that I think back. Thanks for ruining one of my favorite childhood shows!
    What did you think was in those Scooby Snacks?

  19. #9539
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    I haven't watch scooby doo in so long, and I never thought of them as being stoned, but they are clearly stoned out of their minds now that I think back. Thanks for ruining one of my favorite childhood shows!
    heh in one of the first episodes it showed them coming out of the smoke filled van.
    i5-3570K 4.2GHz :: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO :: ASRock Z75 Pro3 :: Corsair XMS3 8GB :: Crucial M4 256GB :: Radeon HD 7870 XT :: NZXT Source 210 (Black) :: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified :: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium ::

  20. #9540

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •