Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    God bless whoever did that.
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastings View Post
    Clicky:
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/the-dumbest-things-that-happened-this-year?bffb

[IMG]http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/22122/i-like-this-planet-you-get-off-futurama.jpeg[IMG]
    We still have a few weeks left, let's flush that out to an even 50.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

FU i want my IQ points back after reading that link

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    We still have a few weeks left, let's flush that out to an even 50.
    Well you just gave us number 34. There is a difference between Fleshing something out and Flushing something out, and as of recent times people from a certain country seem incapable of getting this right (just like "could care less").
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Well you just gave us number 34. There is a difference between Fleshing something out and Flushing something out, and as of recent times people from a certain country seem incapable of getting this right (just like "could care less").
    "Flush" can mean to make square or more solid, as well. So to "Flush to an even 50" would make sense.

And "could care less" also works, because it can be a comment made sarcastically, like "I could care less if you agree with this post."
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    "Flush" can mean to make square or more solid, as well. So to "Flush to an even 50" would make sense.

And "could care less" also works, because it can be a comment made sarcastically, like "I could care less if you agree with this post."
    You're missing the point, the phrase is "to flesh out an idea" not to "flush out" an idea. And the second point, I should have added "when you are trying to convey the opposite emotion, that you do not care at all" - sure it's grammatically correct but it means the opposite from what the user intends to say. This demonstrates it nicely:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    Spiders are faster and more intelligent than your average zombie.
    Putin khuliyo

You're missing the point, the phrase is "to flesh out an idea" not to "flush out" an idea. And the second point, I should have added "when you are trying to convey the opposite emotion, that you do not care at all" - sure it's grammatically correct but it means the opposite from what the user intends to say. This demonstrates it nicely:

But s/he wasn't talking about the idea itself. S/he was was talking about the quantity of them, hence the number 50.

I'm not saying it's a word choice I'd use, but for you to lump it in with some amazingly idiotic things other people have said is kind of extreme, especially when it at least semi-works.

As far as meaning the opposite of what one says, I did say "sarcastic," right?
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Deleted

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post

That isn't a photo of a galaxy, it's hundreds of individual galaxies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do it! Nothing scary pops out, I promise.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Typo, sorry I was on my phone when I wrote that one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    But s/he wasn't talking about the idea itself. S/he was was talking about the quantity of them, hence the number 50.

I'm not saying it's a word choice I'd use, but for you to lump it in with some amazingly idiotic things other people have said is kind of extreme, especially when it at least semi-works.

As far as meaning the opposite of what one says, I did say "sarcastic," right?
    No he's right, I meant to say flesh. I don't blame him though, autism is a curse many of us are destined to bare.

Sorry for any reposts.
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Do it! Nothing scary pops out, I promise.
    O.O WHAT IS THIS MADNESS?!? That's totally awesome...
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

spider people =O
    Last edited by Lethey Alexandros; 2013-12-05 at 06:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    Better link it before you get an infraction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    [IMG]https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSa9bszbTL7Ycuz-Y3nwLEcWX3RLB68-UQHwGCvMgnR840KDP47[IMG]

spider people =O
    <3

OT:
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Better link it before you get an infraction.
    4 out of 5 of those aren't spiders though. They're Nerubians and don't look like spiders at all. The final one is a spider which I had to kill so many times for the tanking trinket. Also, a number of gaming spiders are weird for me in that they either need to look even creepier than a spider (like those from GW2 with their giant abdomens and weird proportions), or just trigger it less pronounced to not at all. Hadronox is one of those. It's pretty weird. I haven't looked deeper into it for obvious reasons, but I think my biggest issue is either seeing real spiders move (whether on video or in a gif), or seeing spider eyes and fangs. There's just something about those eyes and/or fangs that makes it so creepy for me. but it's kinda silly to ask you to link some spider images and allow embeds of others based on some obscure criteria which might not even apply to the remainder of the 20% arachnophobes.

Also, BlueObelisk, even if 75% of those views are made by 20% of the total viewer count, that doesn't matter for the math, because that 20% has the same proportion of arachnophobes. while it might be true that you get less arachnophobes in absolute numbers, the proportion is still the same. whether it's 8.5M unique views or 85,000 viewers having 100 views each, you still have about 20% who are arachnophobes.

here, have a twerking turkey Miley Cyrus for reading that WoT.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    20% arachnophobes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Arachnophobia affects 3.5 to 6.1 percent of the population. Source.
    Where is your source for this mysterious 20%?

http://i.imgur.com/3K7rIUg.jpg

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So much talk of Arachniphobia, here is John goodman to put this thread back on track!

http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures...2012-99852.jpg

Mod edit: Changed to a link. Reminder to please link spider pictures.
    Last edited by Anakso; 2013-12-06 at 06:31 AM.