10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Do it! Nothing scary pops out, I promise.
    ha that's weird, I'm sure they were burgundy and peach >.<

Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2013-12-05 at 10:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Where is your source for this mysterious 20%?

http://i.imgur.com/3K7rIUg.jpg
    I did the math for the mmo-champion visitors, not worldwide. If you check above that under the culture header, it shows that in western societies (aka 80% of MMO-champion), the phobia is far more common (up to 55% depending on gender). I assumed the math of 3/4 males, 1/4 female, 80% western and 20% non-western and mathed that out. ((55*1/4)+(18*3/4))*0.8 is 21.8%. now, i've made a number of assumptions here (like a heavy skew towards males, 80% of the visitors being western and NONE of the non-western even possibly having arachnophobia) which skew the result, so if you can come up with some more accurate numbers, feel free to do the math (note: do the math for the website, not the entire world. if you have a 7 billion people world, a 40,000 active membership for a fan forum for a specific game is almost certainly not the same combination of ethnicities).

15+ Year Old Account
    Why are we still discussing this in the Funny Megapictures thread?
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    Probably because said "pictures" face critique and censorship by mods constantly, only this time around the majority is against it.

And on a personal note, I bet my balls this whole thing didn't start because of spiders but because some mods are pulling favors. For whom and to what purpose, I can't point yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpif View Post
    Probably because said "pictures" face critique and censorship by mods constantly, only this time around the majority is against it.

And on a personal note, I bet my balls this whole thing didn't start because of spiders but because some mods are pulling favors. For whom and to what purpose, I can't point yet.
    I feel this is the last time this should be addressed. I have no strings that were pulled. I did this; it was my own decision as spider pictures are very commonly a target on the forums, and many people protest about them, most privately.

I made the decision to remove them.

This conversation is officially over. This is a picture thread. Treat it as such. Respect the rules, and each other. Post pictures and laugh.

There was no censorship, pictures were just embedded.
    As much as I disagree with the new policy, it's insane to look for conspiracy theories and accuse mods of "pulling favors". Like really? Next thing you tell me it's masons lodge behind all this, plotting.

Can all posts about spiders be moved to a separate thread (this post included)? nzall is starting to seriously play on my nerves with his persistence in convinving everyone that 20% of population can't stand a picture of a spider.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    I did the math for the mmo-champion visitors, not worldwide. If you check above that under the culture header, it shows that in western societies (aka 80% of MMO-champion), the phobia is far more common (up to 55% depending on gender). I assumed the math of 3/4 males, 1/4 female, 80% western and 20% non-western and mathed that out. ((55*1/4)+(18*3/4))*0.8 is 21.8%. now, i've made a number of assumptions here (like a heavy skew towards males, 80% of the visitors being western and NONE of the non-western even possibly having arachnophobia) which skew the result, so if you can come up with some more accurate numbers, feel free to do the math (note: do the math for the website, not the entire world. if you have a 7 billion people world, a 40,000 active membership for a fan forum for a specific game is almost certainly not the same combination of ethnicities).
    You had an entire thread dedicated to discussing your own personal fear....why are you still going on about arachnophobia here -.-' I'm starting to regret posting the spider images, not because any level of empathy for your phobia i have, but because you are being so annoying with it -.-

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Too much talking and clicking to see pictures here. Just put up the pictures and if someone is scared of it they can move on to the next one.

10+ Year Old Account
    so is it finally over? are people through over reacting? can we get back to the pictures and not start fighting again?

Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

Jazz hands kitty for the win

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

Last edited by Hellravager; 2013-12-06 at 06:23 AM.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

phobias arent even real, they are just in your head. you cant eat a phobia, you can eat a burrito

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    How naruto ends ROFL
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
    I'm sorry, but that is legitimately the single best use I've seen for an Apple product. Ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Time to stop talking about moderation....

And start posting funny pictures about it:

I rarely ever post here but visit the site every single day multiple times a day and have been since the site has been launched. I've seen and read so much dumb shit by so many different posters here but THIS bullshit actually made me post something because it is so fucking over the top retarded.

Nzall you are a fucking annoyance you claim 20% have arachnophobia even though its more like 5% but ok lets pretend its 20. Guess what only EXTREME cases would be scared of a picture and I love how you ignore EVERYONE who brings up that fact. Now all of us are forced to click on links because you are a fucking pussy. Why should WE be forced to adapt for YOU. YOU are being selfish by not seeking treatment and instead making everyone cater to your fucking needs. Get help for your illness or fuck off don't change the world to revolve around you.

Infracted
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-12-06 at 09:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smiteme12 View Post
    I rarely ever post here but visit the site every single day multiple times a day and have been since the site has been launched. I've seen and read so much dumb shit by so many different posters here but THIS bullshit actually made me post something because it is so fucking over the top retarded.

Nzall you are a fucking annoyance you claim 20% have arachnophobia even though its more like 5% but ok lets pretend its 20. Guess what only EXTREME cases would be scared of a picture and I love how you ignore EVERYONE who brings up that fact. Now all of us are forced to click on links because you are a fucking pussy. Why should WE be forced to adapt for YOU. YOU are being selfish by not seeking treatment and instead making everyone cater to your fucking needs. Get help for your illness or fuck off don't change the world to revolve around you.
    wrong thread? or just a plain troller

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway you know this is true

- - - Updated - - -

Deleted
    http://imgur.com/gallery/CV7ZC

Have to link for reasons you'll understand after opening the link, otherwise the fun would be ruined lol.

And I guess I have to embbed this now... Spider.. and stuff... http://i.imgur.com/aNHBLGi.gif