Best one was the Jake Gyllenhall one, MILK...YOU SO SAD =(
    Kolopotho: I will find it incredibly shocking and rare if some guy walks up to a girl in a pub and says "i play a level 80 druid in world of warcraft" to which she will respond with "TAKE ME NOW".

10+ Year Old Account
    Church of the Flying Sphaggeti Monster

ROFLMAO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave131 View Post
    A colorblind person wouldn't be able to see, "secretly loathe" in the heart

Or you yourself are colorblind and didn't see those words in the heart which would be hilarious
    Oh. First I can't see colours now someone loathes me. Sad.

Last edited by Irony; 2011-07-18 at 07:47 AM.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Deleted
    Love that Spoiler

Deleted

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

People say I'm "hairy"

And then I saw this:

http://lolsnaps.com/upload_pic/6043.png

Just thought I'd pass it around. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Oh. First I can't see colours now someone loathes me. Sad.

Yeah if you're gonna red pen someone, at least be sure that you're right

10+ Year Old Account
    lol. this will probably get moved to the picture megathread though, but very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoddie View Post
    Yeah if you're gonna red pen someone, at least be sure that you're right
    15 minutes is a right answer if you saw the boards in a certain way, 10 min to saw a board in 2 pieces, then take one of the halves, rotate it 90 degrees and saw it in half

That's if the board was square before being cut.
    Last edited by Halsynd; 2011-07-18 at 05:01 PM.
    Bleh

Quote Originally Posted by Halsynd View Post
    15 minutes is a right answer if you saw the boards in a certain way, 10 min to saw a board in 2 pieces, then take one of the halves, rotate it 90 degrees and saw it in half

Judging from the picture of the board and saw to the right, it wasn't. (I know it isn't completely legit but it is all we have to go from)

Quote Originally Posted by zodiacgk View Post
    deleted for merging my thread to this nonsense
    Guessing this is it. Reposting to share the love

Quote Originally Posted by Halsynd View Post

no matter how you cut the board you will end up with 2 pieces lol, since it takes 10mins to cut through it one time to make 2 pieces, its going to take another 10mins to cut through the same board to make three, although you would have 1 left over

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleachroxs View Post
    no matter how you cut the board you will end up with 2 pieces lol, since it takes 10mins to cut through it one time to make 2 pieces, its going to take another 10mins to cut through the same board to make three, although you would have 1 left over
    what if you cut it straight down? and make 3? it will be 2 cuts, 10min each!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleachroxs View Post
    Actually, if you do it the way the person you are quoting did it, then the second board you are cutting would only be half the width of the previous board, therefore taking half the time to saw.

ex. The original board is 10x10. You cut it in half, getting two boards of 10x5. If it took 10 mins to cut through 10 inches, it would take 5 mins to cut through 5 inches, leaving you with one board of 10x5 and two boards of 5x5.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Actually, if you do it the way the person you are quoting did it, then the second board you are cutting would only be half the width of the previous board, therefore taking half the time to saw.

ex. The original board is 10x10. You cut it in half, getting two boards of 10x5. If it took 10 mins to cut through 10 inches, it would take 5 mins to cut through 5 inches, leaving you with one board of 10x5 and two boards of 5x5.
    Yep that's the correct answer IF the problem was with a square board, totally.

Since that isn't specified and the picture shows a slat, the problem is a perfect example of why bad teachers make many people hate maths.
    Being a math tutor, I've come across many examples similar to that. Of course in the teacher's mind 10/15/20 is correct, but then ask the right damn queston and don't put a freakin' clipart of a slat next to it if you're talking about a square board...

Who takes 10 minutes to cut through a stick of wood that size as shown in picture? (I will not call that stick a board)
    Need realistic math problems!

Johnny ate 200,000,104,294,209 cans of paint yesterday every 3 hours.
    Then he ate 15 trucks every 15 seconds.
    How many cans of paint and trucks will he eat in 10 days if he eats at least 91,982 times as many trucks as cans of paint?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    Yep that's the correct answer IF the problem was with a square board, totally.

Since that isn't specified and the picture shows a slat, the problem is a perfect example of why bad teachers make many people hate maths.
    Being a math tutor, I've come across many examples similar to that. Of course in the teacher's mind 10/15/20 is correct, but then ask the right damn queston and don't put a freakin' clipart of a slat next to it if you're talking about a square board...
    Are you all retarded? The answer is 20. |------| cut once becomes |---| 1 |---|

Each cut, as given in the question, takes 10 minutes. If you cut |---------| into 3 pieces, each cut taking 10 minutes, you cut twice: |---| 1 |---| 2 |---|

This entire page has been full of people arguing how long it will take to cut the board.

If she cuts vertically the first time and horizontally the second, the answer will be 15.
    If she cuts vertically the first and second time the answer is 20.
    The question is just terrible. Good explanation of why math sucks and how little the teacher actually knows.