Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

When I was 14 my favorite band was?

When I was 14 my favorite band was?

Yep, I really had no idea, where the hell Sweden was or what the hell really went on there, but I enjoyed their music.
    Can gods bleed, I mean to find out! MallSecurity MallTube

Linkin Park i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny McCormick View Post
    Linkin Park i guess
    Any particular album, and any particular songs you liked, did you see them perform live ever?
    Can gods bleed, I mean to find out! MallSecurity MallTube

At 14...iirc, that was when I first discovered Metallica, and I was a big fan. By the time the next couple of years had passed, I owned every album they'd released up to that point. ReLoad was my first, then I started picking up some of the older stuff like Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets.

I love both of their styles (both before and after the self-titled album). I think the fact that ReLoad was my first made me more tolerant of the later material that so many long-time fans didn't like.

I'm still a fan at age 30 (as long as I pretend that St. Anger never existed), but I've moved on to the point that they're nowhere near my favorite anymore.

Probably Eazy-E. But well he's a solo artist. If you only care about bands then probably Type O Negative. I was a gothic gangster.

How do you not know what/where Sweden is at 14 years old? Skipped literally any class that dealt with things outside of North America?

Probably Metallica/Disturbed for the most part, was just before I started listening to a lot of EDM.

Linkin Park, Hybrid Theory. Forgotten being my favorite song. Then Reanimation came out and I loved that, then Meteora came out and I loved that, after that I dropped off.

I still listen to those albums every now and again.

Eminem and Metallica, picked two due to character limit.
    nothing but empty space here bro. move along now.

Edguy used to be my first favourite band ever, but I am not sure if I was 14 already or even younger. They have very funny lyrics, now I laugh at all the sexual jokes I didn't get back then.

After that I became obssessed with Slipknot. Volume 3: Subliminal Verses being my favourite album, with Self-Titled close behind. Not fan of their newest record though, it just doesn't sound the same to me without Paul and Joey.
    Last edited by RH92; 2016-02-14 at 09:23 PM.

System of a down..
    It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.

Hmmm at 14. Wow that was a long time ago... Eh... Either Jean Michel Jarre or Limbonic Art, depending on the time of year.

http://jeanmicheljarre.com/wp-conten...hronologie.jpg before November.

http://www.metal-archives.com/images.../2249.jpg?1107 after November.
    Last edited by Snorkle; 2016-02-15 at 02:19 AM.

14 and band I would think would be Link Park's Hybrid Theory album. Though I was heavily into Britney Spears at the time for my sins. (she's not a band though)

Turn of the Millennium, so probably about then /shrug.

No shame, MCR still goes hard as hell

Metallica ! I was in year 8 in highschool and a friend passed me his casette walkman in a geography class and suggested I listen. I was hooked from then on. Yes.. I'm old
    "Video games only exist, so that idiots have something to be good at" - Joe Hildebrand

Not a band, but I already loved most video game music. Particularly, anything touched by David Wise.

Like this one, which is more recent:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pMZa_vUQ1k

\,,/
    Thundercunts and stuff

It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Like many others, I also really got into Metallica when I was a teenager. They were the first band I consciously cared about - as in, bought records by.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassium View Post
    I like General Off-Topic. It's really cool to see people with My Little Pony avatars advocating for genocide.

System of a Down

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by plastkaze View Post
    [IMG]http://www.nuclearblast.de/static/articles/236/236411.jpg/1000x1000.jpg[/IG]
    \,,/
    That one took the place a year after that. :)

Tool... something about a drugged up deadbeat constantly angered at religion and society filled a void. Plus, they had a nice habit of playing with visuals and symbolism: