Page 1 of 42
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1
    High Overlord Celtic209's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    102

    Mafia 45: Designer Mafia

    IF YOU ARE NOT PLAYING, DO NOT POST HERE. THANK YOU!
    If you have interest in the game, head on over to http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...cussion-thread

    Background:
    Ballygobackward is a nice scenic village in the west of Ireland. There are plenty of green fields, fresh air and sunshine rain for everyone! However a darker element lurks in the background. One that controls the town through various trades like bootleg cigarettes and cheap beer.
    It is the annual Ballygobackward festival where people from all over Ireland and even further afield come to visit for the festivities. But beware for not everyone in Ballygobackward is as friendly as they seem.


    Once you are dead, you may only post in the thread for dead players, so do not continue to post in your faction's thread if you were in one. Also, please keep communication with alive players about anything related to this game to a minimum so as to not give an unfair advantage. If you post as a dead player in this thread, your post(s) will be deleted.
    ** Editing of posts after 10 minutes is forbidden.
    ** Editing a vote is forbidden, if you wish to change your mind do so in a separate post.
    ** Deleting posts is forbidden.
    ** Quoting/Screenshotting/using anything provided by me in a PM as evidence is forbidden.
    ** No pm'ing or talking about this game outside of this thread is allowed.

    You are free to discuss whatever you want, claim whatever you want, and draw whatever conclusions you want. Just remember that anything can be faked. This includes any roles you may have designed. You can claim any role that is described as one you created but remember that everybody lies.

    Questions:
    If you have a question, you can always ask in the game thread. This will be considered to be part of the game and it will be up to the other players if they wish to reply or not. A mod will only reply if the question matters to all (i.e. mod has forgotten to write a deadline in the morning post). If it is the mod you're asking, the chance of getting a reply to a "personal" question in the game thread is low. Better send a PM with your question to me.

    Day Phase
    Unless stated otherwise in your PM, everyone has one vote per day to use to decide who to lynch. You can always change your vote, or even have no current vote. Once a player has gotten a majority (more than half) of the votes, they are immediately lynched and may no longer post in the thread - if you have information you need to make public, make sure you say it before you get that last vote. The day will go on until someone reaches the required number of votes for a lynch or the town decides to no-lynch.

    Put your decision in Bold Letters and on its own line (ex: UNVOTE VOTE XXXXXXX)
    To vote for someone, use "VOTE: [Player]"
    To remove your vote, use "UNVOTE"
    To vote for a no-lynch, use VOTE: NO-LYNCH
    A vote that is not bolded or on its own line will not count. Both the word "vote" and the player name need to be bolded.
    You do not need to unvote in this game for your next vote to count. I will accept whatever your most current vote is.
    To peg someone as a suspicious candidate that you would potentially vote for, without actually voting, use the Finger of Suspicion; FoS: Krayzy
    If no one reaches majority vote by the end of the day, then the person with the most votes will be lynched. If two people are tied then the first person to reach the number of votes will be lynched
    The day phase lasts a maximum of 48 hours. (2 days)

    Night Phase
    Everyone with a night action may post their action in their designated place. No players are allowed to discuss anything in the game thread (this thread) at
    this time (it's night, you're asleep!) for any reason. If a bump is wanted, mod will ask for it from someone who isn't playing. Action WILL be taken.
    The Night Phase will last a maximum of 36 hours. You have 18 hours to send in your night actions.

    Alive Players
    1. Hokie
    2. Krayzy
    3. Largehorn
    4. Listo
    5. Pistol
    6. Reticence
    7. Robosheep
    8. Thedead
    9. Uggors
    10. Xanjori

    Dead Players
    1. worgenite - Hayley Stark was murdered Night 1
    2. Cruelle - Dexter was murdered Night 1
    3. Kel - The trapper was lynched on Day 1
    4. Lysah Conspiracy Theorist dies Night 2
    5. Tomec Darth Vader was murdered Night 2
    6. Kurenai Park Bomb was blown to bits Night 2
    7. Catta The Mad Bomber was murdered Night 2
    8. strikered - Paddy O'Connor was lynched Day 2
    9. Anakso - Voodoo Seeker dies Night 3
    10. Firebert - Liu Kang was murdered Night 3
    11. Beeeeeeeesly - Da Bomb exploded Night 3
    12. Danner - Lysah was killed Night 3
    13. Lora - Windpspren/Deathspren faded away Day 3
    14. Virothe - Ray Donovan was murdered Night 4
    15. Lelly - Cordelia Chase dies Night 4
    16. Omer - Oma Desala has ascended to a high plane of existance on Day 4
    17. Greeney - Kaede was murdered Night 5


    Its is now Day 5. You have 48 hours. You have until 17.00 GMT+1 23rd of September
    With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

    If you have any questions, did not receive a role card or wish to partake in the dead thread then please PM me.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2014-09-21 at 03:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    In the last 8 games I have been part of, I have been scum 6 times, a scummy moderator once, and a scum lover once. If we are to extrapolate this, the town should jump all over me to lynch me since lynching me is a good deal 100% of the time!

  2. #2
    Bump and posting so it'll highlight for me. See you things in the morning!

  3. #3
    High Overlord Celtic209's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    102
    Dawn of the First Day

    The sun dawned over Ballygobackward on the first day of the festivities. People were out and about celebrating the sunshine for the 5 minutes it lasted before the clouds rolled in raining on everyones parade. However as people rushed to find shelter they made a number of gruesome discoveries

    Hayley Stark's (Worgenite) body was found at the front door of the cottage that had been rented for her. She had come to Ballygobackward after hearing some disturbing reports of underage girls going missing. The only clue to her death was a faint needle puncture in her neck

    Across town in one of the more secluded spots another body was found. That of none other then Dexter (Cruelle). The people were shocked and saddened by the death before they discovered a syringe full of a powerful tranqualizer and some knives on his person. Upon further investigation of his hotel room they found an entire trunk of weapons that could only belong to someone with a murderous mind.

    The people gathered in the local pub for the first of many table quizes. One of the questions asked was: What is the capital and motto of the Polynesian Island Nation Tuvalu? People looked at each other confused, but they knew that if somebody could answer the question in 24 hours (in the thread) that they would win a valuable prize!

    And finally as the day wore on the clouds parted and the sun shined! It was a miracle. Until a voice boomed down from the heavens If you keep bugging me with beginning the Day I shall extend night further and further until a week passes before night turns into day!!!

    Worgenite - Hayley Stark was murdered Night 1
    Cruelle - Dexter was murdered Night 1


    CC: Hayley Stark
    RC: Innocent Child
    Alignment: Town
    Role Description: You are Hayley Stark (no not from Game of Thrones.) You have a simple role this game. That of an innocent child. Anytime during the game you may ask me to mod-confirm you as a townie and I will do so. You also have your vote. Good luck
    Win Condition: You win when all threats to town have been neutralized.
    CC: Dexter
    RC: Expert Serial Killer
    Alignment: Serial Killer
    Role Description: You are Dexter an expert serial killer and criminologist, specifically blood spatter. Nothing gets your juices going better then hunting down someone and killing them. However you only go after other killers because of the code your father instilled into you. Therefore each odd night you may choose to kill someone or you may choose to kill one of their visitors (possibly their murderer). If you choose to kill someone just say Kill Celtic . However if you wish to kill their visitor just say Kill Celtic's visitor and you will kill a random visitor to that persons house. However be aware that you need to kill. Its in your bones.
    Win Condition: You win if you make it to the final 2.
    It is now Day 1. You have 48 hours. Day 1 will end 23.30(Gmt+1) 9th of Sept
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    In the last 8 games I have been part of, I have been scum 6 times, a scummy moderator once, and a scum lover once. If we are to extrapolate this, the town should jump all over me to lynch me since lynching me is a good deal 100% of the time!

  4. #4
    First

    Also, IC dead before the game begins LULS
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  5. #5
    wow innocent child, i see someone was very creative there

  6. #6
    Well then. That escalated quickly.
    Call to arms, the trumpets sound
    Hand puppets storm the base, flags up now cannons rage
    All clowns head for the rear, slingshots fire to the air
    Toy horses start the charge, Robot chessmen standing guard
    Crossfire to the marionettes, Slip into the edge of death...

  7. #7
    I am Murloc! Firebert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Dat Ingurlund, brrrrrap
    Posts
    5,301
    Tuvalu: Capital Funafuti, motto "Tuvalu mo te Atua", or Tuvalu for the Almighty.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Bump and posting so it'll highlight for me. See you things in the morning!
    @All: If you want to subscribe to the thread without posting in it, at the top of this thread, hit "Thread Tools", "Subscribe to Thread", and then just accept the next dialogue box.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 0/5/5 | TPR: 0/2/3
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Legendary Overlooked, Glyphmaster Gunhaver

  8. #8
    LMGTFY

    10andcaps
    Call to arms, the trumpets sound
    Hand puppets storm the base, flags up now cannons rage
    All clowns head for the rear, slingshots fire to the air
    Toy horses start the charge, Robot chessmen standing guard
    Crossfire to the marionettes, Slip into the edge of death...

  9. #9
    I am Murloc! Firebert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Dat Ingurlund, brrrrrap
    Posts
    5,301
    With the bastard mod gubbins over and done with:

    FoS: Robozerim, for being my twin.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 0/5/5 | TPR: 0/2/3
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Legendary Overlooked, Glyphmaster Gunhaver

  10. #10

  11. #11
    I am Murloc! Firebert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Dat Ingurlund, brrrrrap
    Posts
    5,301
    Also, from the mod blurb: I think Dexter killed Hayley and then someone killed Dexter. No mention of how Dexter died though. Dumped in a secluded spot...
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 0/5/5 | TPR: 0/2/3
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Legendary Overlooked, Glyphmaster Gunhaver

  12. #12
    The Patient Lellybaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    250
    Morning!

    So I assume that whomever killed Worg was doing it as a revenge killing for him trying to frame Lysah last game by NK Anakso Night 1 again?

    And damn you Firebert for being so quick
    Bart: Because, nobody ever suspects the butterfly. (evil laugh)

  13. #13
    Huh. It's day.

    And... Wikipedia to the rescue!
    The Capital of Tuvalu is Funafuti. The national motto of Tuvalu is "Tuvalu mo te Atua", meaning "Tuvalu for the Almighty".
    Unless someone poisoned Wikipedia for the purpose of causing incorrect answers to appear in this thread, we need some harder questions!

    Also... poor Worgenite. Dead before the game started REALLY sucks. I'm not quite as upset about Cruelle dying, for obvious reasons.
    Also... uh. I can't vote celtic on day 1 this game.

    vote: Robozerim
    Because... the lovers thing last game.
    Non-discipline since 2006. Also: fails. "Chakra, when the walls fell"

  14. #14
    Also, apparently Dexter got beat at his own game.
    Call to arms, the trumpets sound
    Hand puppets storm the base, flags up now cannons rage
    All clowns head for the rear, slingshots fire to the air
    Toy horses start the charge, Robot chessmen standing guard
    Crossfire to the marionettes, Slip into the edge of death...

  15. #15
    Grunt PistolPink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Above you. Always. Obviously.
    Posts
    21
    Only two deaths? I am shocked!

    Also, Anakso is a live. Probably scum or vested SK.

  16. #16
    Doh! The question was ninja-answered by Firebert!.
    *clinges fist*
    Non-discipline since 2006. Also: fails. "Chakra, when the walls fell"

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Also... uh. I can't vote celtic on day 1 this game.
    That is a strange restriction. What sort of crazy role would that be?
    Call to arms, the trumpets sound
    Hand puppets storm the base, flags up now cannons rage
    All clowns head for the rear, slingshots fire to the air
    Toy horses start the charge, Robot chessmen standing guard
    Crossfire to the marionettes, Slip into the edge of death...

  18. #18
    The Patient Lellybaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    250
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Also, from the mod blurb: I think Dexter killed Hayley and then someone killed Dexter. No mention of how Dexter died though. Dumped in a secluded spot...
    Doesn't Dexter like to make a mess? That's what I got from his character description
    Bart: Because, nobody ever suspects the butterfly. (evil laugh)

  19. #19
    Grunt PistolPink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Above you. Always. Obviously.
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Also, from the mod blurb: I think Dexter killed Hayley and then someone killed Dexter. No mention of how Dexter died though. Dumped in a secluded spot...
    Doesn't Dexter's role pretty much imply that he can't kill non-killers? Or is that just flavour, meaning that he was just an odd night SK?

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Lellybaby View Post
    Doesn't Dexter like to make a mess? That's what I got from his character description
    yes he does, but then he cleans it up so he doesnt get caught ))

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •