Quote Originally Posted by shootyadead View Post
    Honestly I think any images related to that should be an instant ban. That's not the kinda thing you should joke about at all.
    How do people have to balls to say this? There are things posted in this thread every day that can offend people. Just because an event happened in America, it shouldn't be talked about or poked fun about? Example: The African child dancing meme. There are countless others. Not to mention, if everything remotely offensive was removed from this threat, it'd only be 100 pages TOPS.

tl;dr if you get offended by picture meme's based on current events, the internet is probably not for you.

edit: damn you d3v ;P
    Last edited by Alexinedh; 2012-07-20 at 10:54 PM. Reason: frustration

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexinedh View Post
    How do people have to balls to say this? There are things posted in this thread every day that can offend people. Just because an event happened in America, it shouldn't be talked about or poked fun about? Example: The African child dancing meme. There are countless others. Not to mention, if everything remotely offensive was removed from this threat, it'd only be 100 pages TOPS.

tl;dr if you get offended by picture meme's based on current events, the internet is probably not for you.

edit: damn you d3v ;P
    Lol, creepy! posted at the EXACT same time O_O

edit: I've already seen countless images about it, but I'd best not post one, as no doubt it would lead to an unjustified infraction or permaban.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2012-07-20 at 10:59 PM.

Great minds think alike I suppose ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the difference is that the meme didn't actually happen (I think didn't look into the meme so soz if the kid is dead or something).
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    I think the difference is that the meme didn't actually happen (I think didn't look into the meme so soz if the kid is dead or something).
    That specific kid they use for that meme might not be dead, but it is using the kid as a joke about how Koby massacres people or whatever. One of the jokes I saw about this massacre was with the Joker, he didn't die from this massacre. At the end of the day it comes down to the same thing, joking about people being killed. People don't seem to have a problem with one, but do with the other? Oh right, we don't care about Africa, but if it happens in the west, it's serious business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    That specific kid they use for that meme might not be dead, but it is using the kid as a joke about how Koby massacres people or whatever. One of the jokes I saw about this massacre was with the Joker, he didn't die from this massacre. At the end of the day it comes down to the same thing, joking about people being killed. People don't seem to have a problem with one, but do with the other? Oh right, we don't care about Africa, but if it happens in the west, it's serious business.
    I thought the joke was usually about how he doesn't get killed.
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?

Deleted
    I thought the joke was usually about how he doesn't get killed.
    I dunno, but the people in that cinema must've been dying to see that movie.
    I heard it was pretty good too, it blew them away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please stay on topic. If you would like to discuss other topics, you can do so in the relevant thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bam page 400!!!!

Fail...

bam page 400!!!!

Fail...
    bam page 400!

Win

OT:

Last edited by ShadowWeaver; 2012-07-21 at 01:11 AM.

hello Page 400

accept this backpack as a gift

You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by shutterfly View Post
    Man I'm dying to see Batman but shoot the crowd is too big so I'm just gonna wait for them to die down.

OT:

10+ Year Old Account

Happy 400!
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

15+ Year Old Account
    Ouch, wonder if this magazine is going to be taken off the racks lol (yes its a real magazine)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarix View Post
    Man I'm dying to see Batman but shoot the crowd is too big so I'm just gonna wait for them to die down.
    You couldn't have chosen a more unfortunate turn of phrase there could you?

OT:
    Is it bad that I mentally added the caption "George W. Bush shows off his brand new cursive handwriting to his friends, who are suitably impressed" before noticing Star Wars bad guy?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    You couldn't have chosen a more unfortunate turn of phrase there could you?

That was the whole point...

or have I just been trolled?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

woo page 400

OT:

both are so true
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterfly View Post
    well that will happen to you when you go to watch a movie in 3D
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    We really don't need to joke about a tragedy like this. I don't care if you think it's funny, it's still distasteful.
    How about a 9/11 joke?

too soon?
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?