10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banomatic View Post
    Also, you gotta ask yourself a very logical question: Why? Why go through all the effort and expenses of a mission that only has a theoretical chance of success, when you have the technology to create an elaborate hoax that no one can check to see if it was for real?

After all the major point of this was to show Russia off, and it worked.
    There is still equipment on the moon you can see with a telescope and no camera in the 1960s had the capability to fake such a hoax:

http://gizmodo.com/5977205/why-the-m...finitive-proof
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    There is still equipment on the moon you can see with a telescope and no camera in the 1960s had the capability to fake such a
    This is not quite true. You can see the natrually formed valley where they worked on the moon, however the equipment left behind is so small in comparison, that it was only in 2011 that an luna orbiting satellite (LRO) was able to spot the equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Space.com
    A long, narrow groove meanders across this valley, the Rima Hadley, and the astronauts explored this feature on the ground. If you have a fairly large telescope, at least 8 inches aperture, and lighting conditions are just right, you can get a "bird's eye" view of this surface feature yourself.
    If you explore the Apollo landing sites with a small telescope, you won’t be able to see any of the objects left behind by the astronauts, as they are all too small to be resolved by even the largest telescopes. In fact, it's only in the last two years that we’ve been able to photograph the landing sites in detail from the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter.
    source

Deleted
    Using the right command in the wrong environment... As root:

Deleted

While we're talking about the moon landing...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    While we're talking about the moon landing...
    For some reason, this image won't show for me. Could you remove everything that isn't part of the src"=..." in your page source? like the border and the alt?

Thought it could be cool to post our desk and pc setups, does anyone have one messier than mine after a weekends gaming? :P

is that barbecue sauce? thought I was the only one that kept that at my desk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    does that mean that it is the French flag on the moon ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckix View Post
    Thought it could be cool to post our desk and pc setups, does anyone have one messier than mine after a weekends gaming? :P

[IMG].http://homecall-computer-repairs.co.uk/images/desk1.jpg[/IMG]
    Pretty sure I can beat it, However I wont shame myself in public by posting the horror that is my desk at the moment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckix View Post

[OMG]http://homecall-computer-repairs.co.uk/images/desk1.jpg[/IMG]

Maybe this guy?

15+ Year Old Account
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

Deleted

Didn't know what "bertstare" meant. This became a lot more funny once I Googled it.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2015-07-07 at 04:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by smackyslap View Post
    is that barbecue sauce? thought I was the only one that kept that at my desk
    actually its HP brown sauce, there is some bbq sauce however its fallen off the desk and under the bed to the right, just havent got round to picking it up, I could do it now but... yeah, its practically empty anyhow

Deleted
    Yes, this is the real cover of Germany's top financial newspaper:

The Economist:

Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2015-07-07 at 02:41 PM.