Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Going to have to go with the community in game on WoW. Seems like people on this forum are a lot more civil than the rest of the community though.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Raid members on Deathbringer Saurfang.

DotA/HoN and the Elite Arena faggets that think they are gods gift to the world.
    Oh hi

10+ Year Old Account
    From every game I've played (I haven't played HoN though it sounds like it's bad), I have to say maybe Call of Duty (it has its times), especially when you have a full chat-room of people saying, "I'M BETTER THAN YOU", which they then proceed to lose to the game to the other clan.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Aion, from personal experience that is. There is either hardly a social community and when there is, they aren't the most helpful or friendly out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Muug View Post
    Yeah and HON, a lot of RTSs actually, I remember once asking on a SC2 fan forum like this one about the basics of pooling and how to time harvesting and got massively flamed for just asking when I was new to the game entirely.
    Agreed HON is pretty damn bad. Best way to play it is not to bother with chat almost. Just watch the missing tells and ignore the rest.

Enjoy

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witt View Post

Enjoy
    Yeah, I can imagine how trade chat would look like.

I'd say the CS community is pretty harsh.

Wow bads saying call of duty....

Maybe if you l2play instead of sitting in corners and constantly running at the enemy and dying (giving them killstreaks) I wouldn't be yelling at you to quit.

Counterstrike has been out for so long, I would expect people to think that everyone playing has a vested interest in winning...

Bad reasons are bad for people complaining that "communities" are mean. Video games are a form of competition and for some of you I suppose a break from reality. Play single player if so...
    L2P or GTFO
    - Gear isn't free, earn it
    - I also have opinions regarding this game, you're not special
    - LFG Heroics.

Select steam games, the total war series for Steam was good but not one steam, the TWcenter forums are amazing but the steam ones are bad. Call of Duty ones have been awful for steam, a bunch of hackers/trolls.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienganja View Post
    Wow bads saying call of duty....

Maybe if you l2play instead of sitting in corners and constantly running at the enemy and dying (giving them killstreaks) I wouldn't be yelling at you to quit.
    Or you could help them learn to play. Or just try to ignore their mistakes. Just act like a civilized human being. Anything is better than nerd-raging and screaming at them like a rabid chimpanzee.

I do try and help, however trying to help results in "YOU'RE A TRYHARD" or "Wow, I'm not even trying".

I really dislike people who refuse to even acknowledge advice or try to put some effort. I can see some skilled guys beating up on casuals being no fun...but when its an even game but you're 1-17 while I'm 22-5 you need to understand that something isn't working. If not, you're just as bad as the guy who stands in fire, the tank who breaks cc, or the sissy-prissy healers.
    L2P or GTFO
    - Gear isn't free, earn it
    - I also have opinions regarding this game, you're not special
    - LFG Heroics.

Pretty much Hon/Dota if your not a expert of every aspect of the game you get torn apart

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    havent played many games online besides D2 and WoW;
    those already have bad communities imo but cant really compare with something else

Wow's Hardcore pvper's
    Yeah they can make my blood boil.

---------- Post added 2011-01-06 at 02:53 PM ----------

Have you played Modern Warfare.
    Counter strike had more teamwork, plus it was a e-sport.

Allaince /2 chat & Horde barrens chat on hellfire :S
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    The worst gaming communities I've been around are the Hardcore PvPer types from WoW, and just about any FPS (CoD, etc...)

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you think WoW's community is the worst you havent actually seen many other gaming communities, sorry but thats just a fact. I can think of several communities that makes WoWs community look like a day in church with your grandma.

Modern Warfare, Bad Company, CS are all heaps worse then WoW, dont get me started on the respective console communities as well, I dnt know which one is the worse PS3, XBOX or Wii.

I dnt know which one is the worse PS3, XBOX or Wii.
    I wouldn't really say they have communities like wow does.