Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozles View Post
    Yeah, but in all honesty I was looking up stats and it looks like I'm gonna go have to change my own thread. I think Philly is gonna win that game simply because, if they're able to stop Clay Matthews - it's game over.
    Rofl, stop him like they did last time we came to philly? Packers will win, the ONLY reason the last game in philly came close was because Packers didn't expect Vick to be playing 3 quarters and it was his first showing, nobody knew what to expect from him. Even still Clay almost knocked him out of the game towards the end.

    Then you have to consider the fact that the WORST team in our division (The Minnesota Vikings) beat Philly with a WR as their QB. Who gives a shit if Vick claims he was hurting that game. It isn't like he was facing a Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers that day, he was facing a WIDE RECEIVER at QB and a team who had some midseason coaching restructuring and still managed to finish last place in division.

    It is going to be a very blitz heavy game and Matthews, Walden, and Woodson are going to send Vick into the offseason with his tail between is legs.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Rofl, stop him like they did last time we came to philly? Packers will win, the ONLY reason the last game in philly came close was because Packers didn't expect Vick to be playing 3 quarters and it was his first showing, nobody knew what to expect from him. Even still Clay almost knocked him out of the game towards the end.

    Then you have to consider the fact that the WORST team in our division (The Minnesota Vikings) beat Philly with a WR as their QB. Who gives a shit if Vick claims he was hurting that game. It isn't like he was facing a Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers that day, he was facing a WIDE RECEIVER at QB and a team who had some midseason coaching restructuring and still managed to finish last place in division.

    It is going to be a very blitz heavy game and Matthews, Walden, and Woodson are going to send Vick into the offseason with his tail between is legs.
    I'm not a Philly fan and I don't watch their games, but from Clay's numbers that day they did a pretty successful job of maintaining him.

    As for the upset with the Vikes - shit happens. Look at the Browns and the Pats game. They beat, arguably, the best team in Football right now pretty easily with Colt McCoy as their qb (Colt who?). There's upsets every year, and I honestly think Vick can get by that pass rush. Again, if they're able to stop and control Matthews - the Eagles are going to win.

    There's a reason why people don't blitz Vick, man. He can scramble in the pocket and run for 25+ yards when you rush him. Look at what happened when he played the Giants - they blitzed and he just kept running against them. Packers are gonna have their hands full today.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post

    Seahawks have trolled the entire NFL.
    You say that Like New York or Tampa actually deserved to go. All three teams were marginal at best, but tampa and new york had slightly easier scheduals.

    New York lost to philly twice. The also lost to Tennesse and Dallas, both winnable games. Had they won ONE of those 4, they would have hosted a playoff game.

    Atlanta went 1-5 against teams above .500. The only game they won was against the Saints in week 17, a game they had to win to have chance, against a team riddled with injures who had nothing to play for. They also lost to Detroit. Had they beaten Detroit, They would be in the playoffs.

    Seahawks trolled no one... They just did the bare minimum to make the playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are real." ~Abraham Lincoln

  4. #24
    I am Murloc! Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Halifax, NS.
    Posts
    5,852
    Quote Originally Posted by chaztheweird View Post
    You say that Like New York or Tampa actually deserved to go. All three teams were marginal at best, but tampa and new york had slightly easier scheduals.

    New York lost to philly twice. The also lost to Tennesse and Dallas, both winnable games. Had they won ONE of those 4, they would have hosted a playoff game.

    Atlanta went 1-5 against teams above .500. The only game they won was against the Saints in week 17, a game they had to win to have chance, against a team riddled with injures who had nothing to play for. They also lost to Detroit. Had they beaten Detroit, They would be in the playoffs.

    Seahawks trolled no one... They just did the bare minimum to make the playoffs.
    Easier Schedule? LOL.
    The Seahawks got to play the west 6 times and only mustered 7 wins total. The Bucs won games that they're supposed to win, and the Giants were just inconsistent. The Seahawks lost games they should of won, a lot of games they should of won and were consistently mediocre at best.
    Also its Tampa Bay, Atlanta went 13-3.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Easier Schedule? LOL.
    The Seahawks got to play the west 6 times and only mustered 7 wins total.
    In terms of Strength of Schedule, the Seahawks (9th) ranked higher than the Bucs (11th) and the Giants (15th).
    In terms of Strength of Victory, the Seahawks (10th) Ranked higher than the Giants (11th) and the Bucs (16th).

    The Bucs won games that they're supposed to win
    Really? The only team they beat above .500 was New Orleans, the last week of the season, in a game they HAD to win to have a chance of going to the playoffs, and a game the Saints didn't care about because their spot was garunteed.

    You mentioned Seattle got to play the west 6 times? Tampa got to play them 4 times, and in terms of final record, were some of their 'hardest' wins:
    (stars are west teams)
    NO 11-5
    *Seattle 7-9
    *St Louis 7-9
    *San Fran 6-10
    Washington 6-10
    *Arizona 5-11
    Clevland 5-11
    Cincy 4-12
    Carolina 2-14
    Carolina 2-14

    I will grant you that thier losses were against mostly tough teams: the average win-loss of the teams that beat them was 11-5... But playing hard teams doesn't get you to the post season. Beating them does.


    and the Giants were just inconsistent.
    You are right. They faced eight 6-10 teams over the seson, and beat them only 6 times. They were more consistent against the four 10-6 teams they played, losing to each of them. They lost to two sub 500 teams, and beat two at or above 500 teams.



    Like I said in my first post, none of these teams really deserve to be in the playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are real." ~Abraham Lincoln

  6. #26
    I am Murloc! Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Halifax, NS.
    Posts
    5,852
    Where are you getting these numbers? The ranks that I found for strength of schedule has the Giants at 7th, Buccs at 25th and Seahawks at 29th. According to ESPN at least.

  7. #27

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by nemex View Post
    Go pack go
    Only person doing it right so far in this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

  8. #28
    High Overlord Cruzlah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Barthilas
    Posts
    129
    I'm from Australia and what is this?
    When you are up against a Facey situation, don't forget to use your Face.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Where are you getting these numbers? The ranks that I found for strength of schedule has the Giants at 7th, Buccs at 25th and Seahawks at 29th. According to ESPN at least.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/t...ule/order/true
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are real." ~Abraham Lincoln

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruzlah View Post
    I'm from Australia and what is this?
    Just back away slowly, mate. You'll be much better off not knowing...go watch some footie and drink beer, much healthier for you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •