10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockos View Post
    well i have 15 tinkers atm so i think i have them all

---------- Post added 2011-01-03 at 09:08 AM ----------

well at wotlk the haste tinker on gloves wasn't on cd with use trinkets
    Nope theres 16 tinkers so your missing one =\

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostypwnd View Post
    But I'm sure "Fix" doesn't mean "make it worse". Useless comment was useless.
    Have you seen the tol´barad "fix"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockos View Post
    well i have 15 tinkers atm so i think i have them all[COLOR="red"]
    But do you have all 8/8 cataclysm tinkers? Almost all Engineers are stuck on 7/8 and won't discover any new ones.

I forgot some other stuff as well. Bolt Gun has a cast time of about half a second or so. So it's not even a good Interrupt unless you want to break a channelling spell.

Someone earlier mentioned the Loot-a-rang; seriously, are you even using that thing?
    And "The fact we have Tinkers at all", damn straight we do. Engineering Tinkers are the equivalent of self-use only shoulder inscriptions or self-use only extra gemslots... Only ours have 'hilarious' (ie deadly) side-effects.

Rocket boosts, now with extra exploding action even in instances... and did you know the belt-mounted defensive shield has a chance to actually put a deadly DoT on you instead of the damage absorbing shield? Ooh, that fun quirky profession that is Engineering...

And yet I can't bring myself to drop it because of the roflcopters and Jeeves.

I love my engineering.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Valleera View Post
    And yet I can't bring myself to drop it because of the roflcopters and Jeeves.
    Jeeves is the only reason to keep engi to me, I'm the only active engi left in our guild and it's just so much easier to just pop one inside a raid than run out for a mammoth (or hs!)

I was debating before cata of switching to LW but decided to stay with engi. 20k poorer I regret it now At least we can hope that they allow us to either upgrade the helms or cogwheels (or both) for a reasonable price!

Quote Originally Posted by Bandin View Post
    If nothing else I like the profession for the helicopters.
    Only reason I keep the profession.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Deleted
    Engineering's usefulness really does depend on your class now. For Warlocks (and by extension I'd imagine Mages, SPriests, EleShams and Boomkins also) the Synapse Springs give an average of 96 Int bonus, which is 2nd only to Tailoring Lightweave Embroidery with an average 143.3 Int bonus. All the other professions are hovering around a bonus of 80 for various stats.

So, Synapse Springs alone will outweigh all professions bar tailoring for DPS Casters (and Healers?).

It's a shame that the other toys aren't as useful anymore (Nitro Boosts mainly) but looking objectively at it, Engi is still one of the best professions for classes that benefit from Spellpower / Intellect.

Sorry to the Melee Engineering fans out there.
    Last edited by mmoc59bc4f3926; 2011-01-03 at 12:55 PM.

Deleted
    Fixing means making it good. If they try to fix it, but end up screwing it even more, that is NOT a fix. Engineering was kind of OK, and now its completly useless, which means it was nerfed too hard.

And Tol Barad wasn't fixed. They tried to fix it but failed.

Deleted
    Fixing means making it good. If they try to fix it, but end up screwing it even more, that is NOT a fix. Engineering was kind of OK, and now its completly useless, which means it was nerfed too hard.
    Doh, Engi wasn't "kind of OK". It was incredible for pretty much everyone. Practically a required profession for PvPers and PvEers alike. Now you say it is "completely useless" when in reality it offers the 2nd best perk for casters, which is a huge portion of the community. And that isn't counting anything more than the Synapse Springs. Read the post above yours for clarification.

If you play melee, I'm sorry. By fix, I think Blizzard meant "offer a bonus that is still superior for many players (Casters), without offering further bonuses which makes the profession practically a requirement for almost all players (every class)".

Now they have introduced an element of choice in professions which is really what needed to happen. If a profession is miles ahead of the others for every class, that choice is gone. It is much better to make all professions as equal (or in sight of each other) as possible. Therefore it is fixed.

I'm sad some of the fun toys have become unreliable but I'm over it already. My Synapse Springs never backfire and are better than almost every profession perk out there.

Lets not lose our objectivity and resort to hyperbole in our disappointment that we don't have a massively OP profession any more.

Engineering was overpowered at the end of woltk, but now it is borderline useless unless you are a caster. Neither is a good extreme.

Deleted
    Maybe engi only feels useless because it was god damn overpowered before the 'fix'. That's how it feels for someone without engi anyway.

engineering tinkers stack with enchanting now, rocket boots/parachute cloak and aglove enchant also with goggles is more then enough for me

i found only the belt shield enchant useful so far, but still the screwed all wit hthe side effects, for instance our enchants share cooldowns, my belt enchant is useless in pve coz it has chance to taunt boss (good if ur a tank) but other than that its all shit

Quote Originally Posted by Vuilnisman View Post
    Maybe engi only feels useless because it was god damn overpowered before the 'fix'. That's how it feels for someone without engi anyway.
    And yet JC + BS was the choice to go for most hardcore raiders.

EP for Mutilate rogues
    Leatherworking = 260
    Jewelcrafting = 210.6
    Alch/BS/Ench/Ins = 208
    Tailoring = 201
    Herbalism = 96
    Skinning = 72
    Engineering = 24

If we count the saronite bombs to engineering it will add at most 13 EP more. The goggles are worse then t11 in any case, and will be replaced in any sami-serious raiding guild.

So what's that about engi not being useless?

Engi is an awsome prof, though the side effects can be just WAY overtuned.

Were doing Yogg resently, used Rocket Boost to chainactivate some clouds and they fail... I fly up and up and up and through the roof and, wth, I'm above the Yogg chamber, along with the inactive keepers (were doing +0 (OMG so hard! I know -.-)) with no chance of getting back down, as only tank that's kinda... raidwiping^^
    Yeah it was just so stupid that I laughed my ass of. Still, thats just TO high to fly, if they made it 1/3 of that it would be ok...

Generally I think "lockout cd" is a bad and boring thing. Really, think of it, isn't it more fun to turn on every buff at the same time then having to rotate cd's? Was equal to everyone and wasn't even THAT op. "Ohh he poped 2 dps increase trinkets and that engi shocker, and the shock hit me for 7k instead of 5k, thats freaking op!" O'rly?

I won't frop it, its the only prof you can do stuff with, part from making money, but you can make money from other profs, part from enchanting... I've em both, I'm screwd -.-

TLDR: I digg engi, its awsome, but nerf side-effects and stop that "lockout cd" crap -.-
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

only prof you can do stuff with, part from making money
    I really love that this view is still popular. I make oodles from engineering and long may it continue!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoddie View Post
    I really love that this view is still popular. I make oodles from engineering and long may it continue!
    Define oodles. Are you making de-weaponized pets and an ocassional vol-air?

I switched out Eng for JC and started making 3k/day.

Between engineering and tailoring I can make about 25k on a good week, much more at the moment due to inflated prices for some crafts.

Edit to add: by 'good week' I mean a week where I can spend 2-3 hours per day on buying mats, crafting items and listing them. Some weeks I can't do this so I concentrate only on high-volume items such as pets and bags. It's about half and half.
    Last edited by Hoddie; 2011-01-04 at 04:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

And Tol Barad wasn't fixed. They tried to fix it but failed.

No fixing means making non broken. Now if something is broken in such a way as to be an advantage then nerfing it would be a fix. Engineering is not useless it's just not as good as you want it too be.

engineering is the bee's knees and you guys are crazy.

I'd keep the profession just for..

the loot-a-rang
    the rez army knife. (hey it works some times.. .... right?)
    the mail box
    the jeeves
    the mechano-hog
    the chopper
    the cool new goggles
    AND CARDBOARD ASSASINS
    Last edited by The Doctor; 2011-01-04 at 04:49 AM.
    moderators removed my signature picture because they can't get Glad like me.

Haters Gonna Hate