Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I play WoW 'cos I enjoy it.
    I play a Rogue 'cos I enjoy it.
    I have Engineering 'cos I enjoy it.

Notice a pattern?

If you don't enjoy it, no-one's forcing you to stick with Engineering. Not everything needs to be 120% competitive in the game... there's plenty of "BiS" professions already. If you care that much, go and swap to it instead of whining for Blizzard to buff your profession so you get the best of both worlds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm
    Since my post count is rougly 10x yours I'll give you a big STFU because I'm obviously your superior

Quote Originally Posted by Apellosine View Post
    which is hardly sharing a cooldown and simply sharing a lockout to prevent absurdly stacking on use buffs as blizz has done since dbl trinket uses were a little too good in vanilla.
    Here's to hoping smart people like this who know what they're talking about won't get drowned out in the cries of OMG I R TEH NERF HALP BLIZZ!11

Engineering is OP, if anything. Super balanced with other stuff in Rated BGs and arena and then the boots and whatnot is about a little OP out in the world. Which no-one pays attention to but me.

Get out of my profession please. I liked it better when it was the quirky fun profession that no serious people took.

Deleted
    I dropped tailoring for engi a few days ago and I love it, I get:

An amazing glove enchant (Which btw works out at an average of 96 int as opposed to most professions +80 int bonus, plus being able to use it when you want makes it 100x better)

A lovely new epic head which is much better than the legs I could make from tailoring which are replacable by legs from BH (by far the easiest raid) or the belt I could make from tailoring which is replaceable from rep gear.

A speed boost on my belt, which is alot of fun in BGs and while I would never normally use it in a raid, it does not replace any other enchant and therefore I could use it if I ever got in a "get out of this or die" situation.

A bank and repairbot on a 1 hour cooldown, effectively more than doubling the bag space I have for things I dont use often and potentially saving alot of time in long raids.

And last but not at all least, a helicoptor, I dont even need to explain this one.

<3 engineering

Deleted
    Been having Engineering on all my chars until Cata, was hoping for some new cool stuff to be added to the game, feels like a big truck the size of a football field hit me straight on... Engineerings dead to me now, only thing I still like about it are the teleports, Jeeves, Moll-e, pretty much it... Not worth having for fun since even Nitro Boost has started killing you with some weird oil leak that was never there before.

You want to balance it so it's not OP in PvP? Fine I can see that, but don't go and scrap the entire profession cause of it!

I was under the impression that proffessions should be useful in regards to augmenting play, or making money.

Does engineering do either?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    I was under the impression that proffessions should be useful in regards to augmenting play, or making money.

Does engineering do either?
    Not anymore no. It does nothing, it just, exists, for it may not be OP in PvP, nor may it make money for that's what the other professions are there for.

You want to balance it so it's not OP in PvP? Fine I can see that, but don't go and scrap the entire profession cause of it!
    Pvp ruins a lot of things for PvE'ers (aspecially class balance but that's another story). Like engineering. They should just make Nitro Boost not usable in rated BG's and Arena. And tbh the belt enchant is the only thing that made engineers have some advantage over other professions. And to all the people saying Engineering was OP in Wrath, why is that? For that imba extra 23 agility and a small haste buff? I'd be surprised if all the bonuses added up to more than 100 dps tops! How is that OP? /sigh
    Anyway it was refreshing to see some utility bonuses added to professions not just boring extra stats. If anything Blizz should add more stuff like Nitro Boost or that absorb thingie to more professions instead of bugging ours.

The only thing that bugs me atm is that the nitro boosts can backfire (well, I think they could in wrath, but not once did it ever do so for me).

I know I'm going to wipe a raid with them one of these days, and when I do, I might have to say bye to them It was most likely my favorite thing about engineering.

Then again, without the chance of failure, I guess engineering wouldn't be engineering. Still... my nitro boosts... :''(

Sorry but Engi sort of needed it. It was getting to the point where if you were PvPing you had to get Engi so you could be a step ahead other players.

You'll just have to learn how to prioritize your cooldowns.
    Secure accounts ftw!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    "KING VARIAN, DEATHWING HAS DESTROYED HALF OF STORMWIND, WHAT DO WE DO!?"

"Build a statue of your king."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Willelm View Post
    Sorry but Engi sort of needed it. It was getting to the point where if you were PvPing you had to get Engi so you could be a step ahead other players.

You'll just have to learn how to prioritize your cooldowns.
    Oh right, in which PvP is that? You mean normal Battlegrounds? As if those matter that much, they are mostly for fun anyways. Engineering needed to be completely scraped you say? Well then let's take away all professions while we are at it because people don't need to make money!

Did I miss something?

HOW was Engineering overpowered in PVP/PVE again?

Nitro Boosts : Not only didn't work in Arenas, but you also dropped the flag if you tried to use them in bg. Sure a little speeds handy, but the Worgens racial is practically as good and doesnt have a chance to kill you. If you're really using them to run away from people all the time, you should probably reconsider PVP anyway. In PVE I think it was used predominanantly to run back to the boss a little faster if you wiped.

Parachute : Really now, though a fun item, when do you really need this? incase you accidently dismount midair? Its a fun item, but that was mainly because of being able to paraglide with the NitroBoosts (pre-BoostNerf).

Mind-Control cap : Rarely worked as intended so was used for a bit of fun occasionally when the large chance of failure wouldn't cause serious harm.

Wotlk Tinkers : From a rogue perspective, until RIGHT at the end of the expansion when they could stack with other enchants were all barely better than any other gains from other professions.. and even that relied on continual uptime and working them perfectly into your rotation.

Even a lot of the plusses from things like Molle-E / Jeeves you can just get from giving your Argent Squire a pony bridle, or you can use the Guild Page/Herald to get rid of junk. Only thing missing is a repair. Theres even a teleport to anywhere you'd ever really need to go to in Stormwind now too.

I levelled Engineering because it was fun, there were lots of fun items. If you wanted to make money you took up something like Enchanting or Alchemy, if you wanted to make cool things like pets and mounts you take up Engineering...

Now, sure Engi has some fun items and tinker still... but now the "fun" kickback effects are so OP they make them unusable by any players with any serious responsibility. A tanking enchant that MAY cause you to have a 100% chance to be critically hit by a raid boss for 10 seconds? wtf?

AT the moment I'm keeping Engi, for the some of the BC, wotlk and vanilla items... and the goggles, then one saving grace for cata engineering...

...and the hope that Blizz is going to look seriously at engi in future content patches and sort it out.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2011-01-04 at 10:23 AM.

The few things "special" about engineering, isn't special anymore. Repair bots are practically useless now, since people can summon same stuff on a mount or just portal out of the instance and go repair, and summon back in.

Moll-E, well the cooldown is quite long, so it's fairly useless anyway.

You can use jeeves to sell stuff in. Wow..Great, again theres a mount, and you can sell all you want at your new Guildpage, or summon your tiny bloke from the Argent Tournament, who can ALSO bank for you!

Mekginners chopper - retarded, everyone can get it. Okay, fair enough - Hold on a sec, blizzard. You REMOVED my recipe, so I have to buy it once again! - Unfortunately, the GM won't give me the refund of the blueprint i already learned. I even crafted my own chopper, + every guildie's chopper.

Cool pets? Boe. Not worth selling.

Loot-a-Rang. Too long CD.

The head items, ain't as good as told, I think they are pretty useless.

Again - You don't get any benefits from engineering. Especially not when it comes to pvp. Now I'm just happy for my enchanting skill that atleast gives me 80+ more stats on my rings...

i am completely sure that when wotlk first dropped the same whining and complaining was done by people because they were to impatient to let blizz do their things and normalize everything. you could always drop it, spend thousands of gold to level a different profession, then when they make it "OP" again get angry at yourself for dropping it, or you could just hold onto it and wait.

Quote Originally Posted by braunypoo View Post
    i am completely sure that when wotlk first dropped the same whining and complaining was done by people because they were to impatient to let blizz do their things and normalize everything. you could always drop it, spend thousands of gold to level a different profession, then when they make it "OP" again get angry at yourself for dropping it, or you could just hold onto it and wait.
    Or you could level another profession and make mad money while Engineers wait for manna from heaven.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelchan View Post
    as long as the keep adding new goggles as new tiers of gear get released I will be happy. I was pissed when they didn't update the mats for tinkers. BS's socket perk got updated to cost almost nothing, but for flexweave it still needs wrath mats. Really Blizzard?
    I would highly doubt that. Or it will be a rare pattern off of a dungeon boss.

Deleted
    It's like what, 1month in Cata?

You can't just Say Enginering is a Waste Already, stop being so negative and wait till abit more into the exspansion.

Quote Originally Posted by braunypoo View Post
    let blizz do their things and normalize everything.
    Oh sorry my bad I thought beta was to normalize everything and get it at a good straight level but yeah...
    First Rule of MMO's:
    -Those who have accomplished less than you are noobs.
    -Those who have accomplished more than you are no-lifers.

Heh, i had all tinkers except the cardboard assassin. I crafted 2 of the electrified ethers yesterday and discovered the assassin.

so now i have them all. yay for me... i guess.