Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Erobbity View Post
    Seriously WTF?!?!?!?! What´s wrong with people thinking they are so god damn awesome just because they leveled in Vanilla, leveling doesn´t fucking matter! No one gives a shit if LEVELING in Northrend is spoiling the new players, because you so clearly were part of something as big as 3 months of game to level your character to 60! Vanilla was shit in comparison, just because you liked WoW before it was cool doesn´t make you any better than the new players! And i´m looking at you "Guy who feels offended by this post!"

F U
    You sound mad. You actually sound like YOU'RE the one offended by the posts. You should team up with tobberoth, maybe you can help each other level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    How does this Inscription book affect leveling?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=62237

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdris View Post
    See, now you just sound like an angry, bitter individual who's jealous that everyone else has it so much easier with their "pretty heirlooms" and "guild bonuses".

Just so you know, I leveled my shaman through Outland and Northrend without a full set of heirlooms or guild bonuses. It was pre-4.0.1 and I only had the chest heirloom. That's only +10%. I leveled her on the Alliance side while I primarily play Horde: hence, I didn't even have a guild to help me powerlevel. Did it solo, with the occasional LFD pug.

Dude, consider: maybe you just suck? Or are embarrassingly lazy?
    Lol, I've leveled to 85 without heirlooms too. It's hilarious how you try to make it seem like there's any form of challange to leveling, as if it's something you can be good and bad at. It's not. You do quests as fast as possible, it's not harder than that. The problem is the fact that it takes hours upon hours and some of us have full-time jobs and can't sink 12 hours a day into leveling. We have to spend many days doing it and being in an insanely boring area which is slower to level in than anywhere else sucks hard if you have to spend more than a week there. If you're fine with that, congrats. It's obvious that Blizzard intends for it to go faster though, otherwise 80-85 would have taken way longer.

I really don't get your point anyway. You don't want Blizzard to make leveling faster in Northrend because... Why? Are you making the case that leveling from 1 to 60 should be made slower? (It can be done in no time at all, I can't imagine how fast it must be with heirlooms and guild bonus). I don't see how anyone could claim leveling in Northrend is fun or fitting considering how fast it is to level form 80 to 85. Why should the most boring part of the game be relatively slow?

Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    Lol, I've leveled to 85 without heirlooms too. It's hilarious how you try to make it seem like there's any form of challange to leveling, as if it's something you can be good and bad at. It's not. You do quests as fast as possible, it's not harder than that. The problem is the fact that it takes hours upon hours and some of us have full-time jobs and can't sink 12 hours a day into leveling. We have to spend many days doing it and being in an insanely boring area which is slower to level in than anywhere else sucks hard if you have to spend more than a week there. If you're fine with that, congrats. It's obvious that Blizzard intends for it to go faster though, otherwise 80-85 would have taken way longer.

I really don't get your point anyway. You don't want Blizzard to make leveling faster in Northrend because... Why? Are you making the case that leveling from 1 to 60 should be made slower? (It can be done in no time at all, I can't imagine how fast it must be with heirlooms and guild bonus). I don't see how anyone could claim leveling in Northrend is fun or fitting considering how fast it is to level form 80 to 85. Why should the most boring part of the game be relatively slow?
    I never said I spent 12 hours a day leveling, nor did I ever say leveling should be made slower. I also never said there was any sort of challenge to it. My posts were pretty explicit making the point that leveling is NOT challenging (maybe go back and read them slowly, and get a friend to help you with the big words).

I really don't care what they do with the speed of leveling.

I'm just saying idiots should stop complaining about it.

Deleted
    I never said I spent 12 hours a day leveling, nor did I ever say leveling should be made slower. I also never said there was any sort of challenge to it. My posts were pretty explicit making the point that leveling is NOT challenging (maybe go back and read them slowly, and get a friend to help you with the big words).

I really don't care what they do with the speed of leveling.

I'm just saying idiots should stop complaining about it.
    I think idiots who don't care about something should stop discussing it. If you don't care about the speed of leveling, why are you in this topic at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm just noticed while i was passing thru 80 yesterday on my mage the amount of xp required from 79 - 80 : 1337000... coincidence? i think not :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doifer View Post
    I played Vanilla, I raided Vanilla and PvPd Vanilla. Vanilla WoW was utter garbage compared to what WoW is now. All these old dogs continually look back with rose tinted goggles to give them a false sense of superiority. Vanilla leveling, like everything else in vanilla was aweful compared to the current system. You want to spend a month of your time on a handful of levels? Go right ahead, I'd rather play WoW:CATACLYSM since thats the version of the game I most recently purchased.

OT: The levels are pretty speedy nowadays imo. But to be honest I wouldn't mind getting out of old zones a bit faster.
    Still some of the quest were epic ( Hint: battle of darowshire )

I think idiots who don't care about something should stop discussing it. If you don't care about the speed of leveling, why are you in this topic at all?
    Because all I see are people complaining about everything yet continuing to play the game. If you're not going to quit out of exasperation, be prepared to discuss the stupid shit you say in a public forum.

Why not just make it so you ding 80 the instant you arrive in Borean Tundra?

Back in Vanilla days, 1-60 in 3 months was the average. You're being handed 10 levels in Northrend in less than 2 days. Learn to be grateful.
    Don't forget to mention, that back in Vanilla, we didn't have all these easy quests. You would had to plan where you quested, then when you hit a certain lvl you would have to farm a camp of mobs for a few hours, because the next set of quests were either too hard, or required you to be a few lvls higher.

I don't think that any of the XP should be nerf'd, i think it's fine where it is. I hated lvling in northrend, luckily i was able to get flying mount skills on alts of mine and just rush through it.
    I don't think they should give any special bonus to people who already have an end game toon. So far there is already set bonus of having toons who are max lvl. Gold amount, buying pots, boa flying skills, fast mounts from gold incame, and don't forget the heirloom items, which would reduce the amount of XP by 20%.

1200k / 20% = 240k.
    1200 - 240k = 960k.
    So your whole "let the people who already have an end game toon lvl at a quicker speed of 900k/lvl" is almost done with 2 heirloom items (chest/shoulders). When you get into a guild who are lvl 15(?) they will have a few more pieces, and this isn't counting the ring from fishing.

i was leveling my paladin last night and it was 78. it took my very long time to hit 80 (btw, my 5th level 80) but took me about 1.5 hours (if not less) hours to hit 81 even thouhg i had issues with the level of my gear being in full green/blue wotlk gear against cata mobs in start which was slower than the expected speed for a normal 80 player.

and leveling in cata is cool. i like it. its much smoother and better than wotlk.

I'd say if leveling was actually _challenging_ the OP would not complain as opposed to it being tremendously _boring_ once you leave the revamped areas.

Basically it's Blizzard's own fault. They set a new standard for leveling speed and interesting content while leveling from 1-60, so people expect (and rightfully so) that this standard will be kept up to the end. It is not and terefore people are disappointed.

It is really NOT like Activision/Blizzard could not have afforded to hire 3-5 people to revamp the BC/Northrend areas to the new standard they established for their areas. In case you did not notice, that company is making _millions_ every single month.

Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    How does this Inscription book affect leveling?
    10% extra XP from quests and few other useful buffs
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=89367

Deleted
    Because all I see are people complaining about everything yet continuing to play the game. If you're not going to quit out of exasperation, be prepared to discuss the stupid shit you say in a public forum.
    No one has said anything stupid, 70-80 is definitely the slowest part of the game, this isn't an opinion, it's a fact. You're not even properly arguing against it, you're just whining about our complaints. I'm not going to quit playing the game just because Blizzard hasn't made leveling in Outlands and Northrend fast enough, I'm still going to complain about it in a topic concerning the matter.

Cata quests will be frustating in time :P Just wait.

I remember, just after TBC when I started quests in HFP. Those bombing quests were super awsome, and now IMO Outland quests are worst curretly in game. Of course when no counting Silithus.

Still oddly I enjoyed more Zangarmarsh than 102978th Dragonblight, when I leveled my goblin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AlysonMeyer View Post
    tons of Heirlooms(ring, head, back, chest, shoulders)
    Back heirloom you MIGHT be able to get in a couple of weeks if you're in the right guild. Head heirloom... yeah I don't see any guild reaching level 20 for the next 2~3 months.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mattisen View Post
    Yeah, just my thought. I think that even in wotlk outland was realy boring and i have about 3 characters that are stuck between lvl 58-61 just because i just don't want to go through outlands again.
    I think outlands is awesome, questing in hellfire takes about 90-120min, Zang the same time and by that time you should be level 65 - hitting Nagrand, having a friend help with RoB and you'll be 68 within' 150min. I'v done it 3 times the past weeks while waiting for my guild to gear up for raiding.. Mage / Warrior / Hunter, easy classes, zero downtime.. but still

As for northrend, I think the exp / level is okey, it's just the zones that's killing my lust for, well.. everything.
    7-11 never stop

Deleted
    Yeah, a few instances. I ran 1-2 instances and did more than 70% of the quests in Howling Fjord and I dinged 71. Doing all the quests in howling fjord won't get you close to 76.
    Sayin you did 70% of the quests in howling + a few instances and you only reached 71? Hell even before they reduced the XP from 70-80 you could take 2½ level in howling fjord..

Being in the process of leveling a new character form 1-85 at the moment, I have to say; after coming from new Azeroth, Outland and (to a slightly lesser extent) Northrend feel completely terrible. Outland in particular is just boring with no sense of a story or purpose. Northrend is better in this regard, but it just feels excruciating boring which in turn makes it feel extremely slow.

Pretty much what the new 1-60 game, and the 80-85 game have done is to shine a right spot-light on every single bad quest design decision from the previous expansions. Outland I'd say almost needs a complete overhaul. While Northrend would be made quit a bit better if the Live Quest thingy-mabobber was added to the majority of the quest chains. Picking up one quest and flying to the mobs, or items you need, then flying all the way back to the quest giver, then all the way back to the exact same spot you were at before sometime up 8 times is just... infuriating.

Really the XP is fine. It's just the quests flow so much better in the new content. Honestly I think thats all that needs fixing in Outland/Northrend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xzard View Post
    Sayin you did 70% of the quests in howling + a few instances and you only reached 71? Hell even before they reduced the XP from 70-80 you could take 2½ level in howling fjord..
    2½ levels you say? So that means you would go from 68 to 70.5, correct? Sounds about right. (Should be noted, I even have shoulder heirlooms on the druid).

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    2½ levels you say? So that means you would go from 68 to 70.5, correct? Sounds about right. (Should be noted, I even have shoulder heirlooms on the druid).
    I took 68-72.5 without the +EXP-heirlooms in Borean Thundra with my hunter.. rested 1 level maybe.. :>
    7-11 never stop