Thread: 3 day bank rule

3 day bank rule

Hello,

I have a question. I'm selling to some guy in Sweden. He stores money on my bank account, and in exchange I will give him something back. I asked a friend, and he said it's possible to get your money back for up to 3 days after storing it. I've never heard of this before. Is this true?

I

Deleted
    No idea what you're talking about, but if this is real life, walk away..

Money, bank accounts, other people getting involved. not good.. walk...

Anyone else?

Im not sure about sweden, but here in norway its a done deal as soon as you transferred the money. - Theres no way to get it back, even if you transferred it to the wrong account or w/e - the recipient have to transfer them back.
    On the other hand, you could always use paypal ....

15+ Year Old Account
    In Canada, depending on your credit rating and the source of the funds, a bank may hold all or a portion of it. So for example a paycheque would not be held, but a personal cheque from a friend would. It depends on the band and your standing with them though.

I'm from Holland and 16 y/o if it matters.

---------- Post added 2011-01-03 at 07:39 PM ----------

No one that knows for sure?

Deleted
    In Holland (where I'm from as well) you can only cancel an automatic payment (dutch: "machtiging"). If you simply transfer money to someone (or someone to you) this can not be canceled normally. The only way to reverse it is to call the bank, and after that both parties (you and the other guy) will have to approve the reversal of the payment.

Also, this thread is borderline. The reasons why you want to do this sound very dodgy. Be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Magekíd View Post
    In Holland (where I'm from as well) you can only cancel an automatic payment (dutch: "machtiging"). If you simply transfer money to someone (or someone to you) this can not be canceled normally. The only way to reverse it is to call the bank, and after that both parties (you and the other guy) will have to approve the reversal of the payment.

Also, this thread is borderline. The reasons why you want to do this sound very dodgy. Be careful.
    Thanks.

The reason I want to do this, is because I'm selling an ingame item for money. Why Paypal when you can do it without fees aswell, that's what I asked myself.

15+ Year Old Account
    You're pretty much asking to be scammed, just putting that out there.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    You're pretty much asking to be scammed, just putting that out there.
    How can I get scammed when he can't get his money back?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jr View Post
    How can I get scammed when he can't get his money back?
    Giving out your bank details for something like that is not a good idea anyway imo. Just do it through PayPal. People can do a lot with just your name/bank/bank number