[Books] Dan Brown and his works

Hi guys,

Recently i finished off reading my first Dan Brown book, Angels & Demons. I personally found the book to be an amazing read and as soon as i finished i was eager to read his other books. I instantly went online and purchased all of his other books in the series - Deception point, Digital Fortress, The Da Vinci Code and The Lost Symbol. Because of the new year the postal service have had a few days off and none of my books have came yet except The Lost Symbol. The Lost Symbol is the last book of the series and i didn't really want to read it before i had read the previous books, however i had not read Digital Fortress ( which precedes Angels & Demons ) and it did not affect the way in which i understood Angels & Demons.

So what i'm asking, to anyone who has read the series, is - Would it really affect my understanding of the book if i have not read the books which precede it?

No, I don't think so. Every book is story for itself.

Thank you very much for the reply, i will begin reading it today then!

Deleted
    There's three books about Robert Langdon I think and they are (in order) Angels and Demons, The Da Vinci Code and The Lost Symbol. The other books are about other characters.

There's only three books with Robert Langdon, and though they are a series, you can easily start with the Lost symbol and read the Da Vinci code last. The Digital Fortress isn't really all that good, though Deception Point was amazing imo.

Infinite monkey theorem states:

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Colbert
    One million monkeys typing for eternity would produce Shakespeare, ten thousand (drinking) monkeys typing for ten thousand years would produce Hemingway, and ten monkeys typing for three days would produce a work of Dan Brown.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Infinite monkey theorem states:

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Colbert
    One million monkeys typing for eternity would produce Shakespeare, ten thousand (drinking) monkeys typing for ten thousand years would produce Hemingway, and ten monkeys typing for three days would produce a work of Dan Brown.
    Do I have to feed the monkeys?