Glyph of Long Word, Yay or Nay?

Okay, im conflicted. I honestly dont know if i should use this glyph (decreases initial heal of your word of glory by 50% but heals 50% over the next 6 seconds). My thoughts are:

1) A HoT is nice to have, all 3 ticks of it ^^
    2) Well... its only 3 ticks =(
    3) My final main concern is with regards to the beaconed target (mainly tank). Beaconed target gets 50% of the heal, so if glyphed, the beacon will only get 25% of what the total word of glory heal could have been, and the beacon doesnt benefit from the 50% heal over 6 seconds at all if cast on a party member.

Just wanna hear some opinions on the matter. Any situations where the glyph is worth it, or is the base word of glory the way to go? Also what major glyphs would you recommend? Holy paladins ofc =D

Thanks in advance ^^

Holy perspective: Nope. We don't get any benefit from our mastery on the HoT, so we lose out there. Not that our mastery is all that worthwhile to begin with, but it is a minor nerf to amount healed, plus the Beacon issue you mentioned, and it comes out way behind. Overhealing isn't a problem, so the HoT has limited usefulness. Really, a HoT is only useful to avoid going overheal when you know damage is coming but people are almost full. Since that almost never happens, you can safely assume that the glyph is worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaari View Post
    Okay, im conflicted. I honestly dont know if i should use this glyph (decreases initial heal of your word of glory by 50% but heals 50% over the next 6 seconds). My thoughts are:

1) A HoT is nice to have, all 3 ticks of it ^^
    2) Well... its only 3 ticks =(
    3) My final main concern is with regards to the beaconed target (mainly tank). Beaconed target gets 50% of the heal, so if glyphed, the beacon will only get 25% of what the total word of glory heal could have been, and the beacon doesnt benefit from the 50% heal over 6 seconds at all if cast on a party member.

Just wanna hear some opinions on the matter. Any situations where the glyph is worth it, or is the base word of glory the way to go? Also what major glyphs would you recommend? Holy paladins ofc =D

Thanks in advance ^^
    It's pretty much terrible. I can't think of a situation where having the heal be a HoT would ever be worthwhile, considering how small it is. Keep in mind, very little healing you're likely to do with single target abilities is going to be overhealing these days. There's no real advantage to turn half of the spell into a HoT, and a significant disadvantage as you're nerfing your own burst healing capability. Usually when I use Word of Glory instead of Light of Dawn(this is in raids though) it's because someone is really low and needs something quickly.

Divinity, Beacon of Light, Lay on Hands and Light of Dawn are all good Major glyph choices. I would probably keep Lay on Hands for 5 man instances, and swap it out for Light of Dawn for any raiding.

Glyph of Divine Protection is also decent if you're having survivability problems, but you really shouldn't as a holy pally, except on Ascendant Council. Screw that fight.

Edit: Pretty much what Auton said. I didn't even think about the mastery issue either.

There are actual good glyphs instead of this one which just lets us break even. Its a really bad glyph and I can't think of a situation in PvE where that hot would be useful. I also feel like it doesn't tick hard enough to be worth it in PvP to keep someone up while you are CC'd.

Each WoG tic from this glyph can crit and might be modified by haste as with all the other hots/dots. So this is the only advantage this glyph have of what I can see.

Deleted
    Its not worth it. There is very rarely a time where WoG overheals meaning you won't actually achieve anything other than the full heal, that wouldn't have overhealed, taking 6 seconds instead of being instant. Also as previously mentioned, you lose a minor amount of Mastery on top of the Beacon issue mentioned also.

The majors I have gone for is: Divinity, Cleansing and Plea.
    Divinity for 10% mana back per fight.
    Cleansing due the dispelling actually being quite expensive in mana cost (easily save loads of mana with this glyph).
    Plea for the mana return also.

I tend to find Beacon not being that great and will usually save you less mana per boss fight that Cleanse does.
    Also i wouldn't bother with the Light of Dawn glyph unless you know you will be doing 25 mans. In 10 mans it has much less of an effect.

Thanks so much guys, super helpful! Definately not going to glyph it now ^^

Peace and Love =D

Does it stack? If yes, sure! If no, hell no! No as in: "So I get this talent that gives me a 30% chance for my WoG to not consume HP. Oh hey, it procced! Casting it again on this here poor DPS... Well, that was worthless!"

I've been testing this glyph out recently, and am currently using this in conjunction with Gale of Shadows, for the extra 340 spell power. If I can, I'll try to use a 1 HP Word of Glory to fully stack the buff, which is really nice.

Perhaps it's only personal preference, but I've found I enjoy the "feeling" of having the HoT tick while I'm casting longer heals. I typically use WoG + HS in spike damage situations, before queuing up either a DL/HL to heal them back to full. Having the HoT tick makes the healing seem a bit smoother, and sometimes tips me off to whether I should cancel a DL, and go with the more mana efficient HL. Druid healers will probably know that feeling. IIRC, HoT ticks should also receive the full benefit from spell power, so the combined ticks should heal for more than a 50% of a full instant WoG.

Of course, this is only in more controlled PvE situations where the damage is more predictable. Burst healing is still king for PvP.