Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I don't understand why you're telling him not to cast PoM BEFORE the pull. By the time the pull starts, he should have that mana back and it acts as a buffer.

Anyway
    PoM -> Chakra -> Renew -> Heal (as soon as he pulls) -> HW:S and then keep spamming heal, don't wait for him to drop below 50% then FH/GH, you should just use GH whenever it won't be overheal. Don't be afraid to use your mana.
    If the group is taking damage, toss a heal on them, don't Renew (it's not very good ATM, with more haste it will probably be, but right now if it's not on the tank, bleh). Binding Heal should be used if you and someone else need healing, it's good on mana and it gives seren. stacks, which are always nice. If you really want to heal the group up, just cast PoH once, and your EoL/glyph healing should handle them. If they take anymore damage than that they're probably doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by samholypriest View Post
    Zenkai please inspect me and offer ur thoughts please.
    Appreciate it..
    Your name isn't coming up in the armory this could be because of maintenance, ( it tells me I have no wow account atm) I will look at it later to see if it is up

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Your name isn't coming up in the armory this could be because of maintenance, ( it tells me I have no wow account atm) I will look at it later to see if it is up
    Samskara|Windrunner|US

Zenkai please inspect me and offer ur thoughts please.
    Appreciate it..
    Might be useful if you state what your main spec and goal is . I see you're in Shadow, and PvP gear, is this the way you primarily play the game?

Just poiting this out, because I am mainly Holy PvE myself, but logged off as Shadow yesterday - as I just noticed, heh.

Zenkai please inspect my gear and suggest recommendations.
    Samskara on Windrunner.
    How much hp you suggest a tank should have for heroics?
    IMO Tanks should have anywhere from 130-160k HP for running heroics comfortably.

---------- Post added 2011-01-04 at 03:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    That's probably because your auto payment for Blizzard is being processed.

---------- Post added 2011-01-04 at 04:04 PM ----------

Sam, sheems you logged out in your pvp gear so I can only comment on your Holy talents. You'll definitely want to drop Rapid Renewal (reduced GCD for Renewal is so Wrath) and you might want to consider dropping Desperate Prayer and max out either State of Mind, Blessed Resilience, or split the pts. between the two. You could, theoretically, get away with not having SoR, but it still has its uses.
    "Are those her boobs, or did a couple of zeppelins land on her chest?"

Alrighty~ i reforged for more Spirit. I need to regem still (I'll get on that asap, our guild JC wasn't on last nite). I'm thinking "Purified Nightstone" for the time being (unless our JC is feeling generous and wants to "loan" me a Purified Demonseye LOL).

http : / / us. battle. net/wow/en/character/zuljin/praegis/simple

Anywho~ I tried going into a Heroic and OUCH is all I can say. I don't know if I got a fail group (or i'm still fail healing), but Stonecore's mobs ate my lunch. It. Was. Rough.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Praegis ~ Holy Priest ~ The Unassailable

Quote Originally Posted by Silriel View Post
    That's probably because your auto payment for Blizzard is being processed.
    Good Point, I forgot about that, I seem to be back up and running and I cam see Sam's Armory but he's in Shadow ATM

---------- Post added 2011-01-04 at 06:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AegisRose View Post
    Alrighty~ i reforged for more Spirit. I need to regem still (I'll get on that asap, our guild JC wasn't on last nite). I'm thinking "Purified Nightstone" for the time being (unless our JC is feeling generous and wants to "loan" me a Purified Demonseye LOL).

http : / / us. battle. net/wow/en/character/zuljin/praegis/simple

Anywho~ I tried going into a Heroic and OUCH is all I can say. I don't know if I got a fail group (or i'm still fail healing), but Stonecore's mobs ate my lunch. It. Was. Rough.
    I think once you hit 10 post you can post links, anyway..

Stonecore is one of the hardest to heal with a bad pug, you're probably experiencing baptism by fire with that. You're Regen looks MUCH better now, I would also recommend picking up some enchants, right now you can probably find cheap scroll on the AH as enchanters are flooding the market leveling their enchants. Most of the ones I used to level up with are only selling 3-5g and the mats are worth 10x that. Remember every little bit helps, 30-50+stats here and there it all adds up,

You should also pick up lightwell in your talents, it's very handy for boss fights, take a point out of mental agi for it, the only 3 spells you will get benefit out of them is CoH, Disp, Renew, Shield and you shouldn't be spamming those spells. I would drop glyph of innerfire and pick up dispel it won't make a huge diff but every little bit helps. I mean are you getting hit in heroics? If you are something is wrong, esp since you have fade. I would also drop the GS glyph for the lightwell glyph, a 30s CD reduction is very situational and would probably not make a difference a majority of the time

---------- Post added 2011-01-04 at 06:18 PM ----------

I know doing all of this is a money pit but I would think skinning would be very profitable right now as top raiders probably want to pick up LW since it has the best raid enchants right now. Maybe with the extra cash you can level up your tailoring to 500 so you can get the better enchants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Newspaper View Post
    Ok i wouldn't call it "basics" really because there's a huge leap in mana cost from 83-->85(design flaw?). You need to take a look at those instants you're using so much. Renew is a VERY inefficient spell to use on anyone except the tank and that's because it should never need to be recasted on the tank. Also PoM is kind of pricey and it does not break even in cost/gain unless it gets 4+ ticks off in one cast (short version : No group wide dmg in bursts = PoM is not really efficient and should be avoided if having mana issues).

The only useful Chakra state for 5mans is Heal. That is because Holy word: Serenity is an AMAZING spell. It's almost free and it heals for a nice amount too (and the buff is beastly). Chakra:PoH i only use for aoe fights and that's because of the "passive" 15% aoe healing boost (Not for the 10k mana 600 heal per 2 sec crap).
    I would agree. Chakra:POH I find to be helpful when you know there's going to be a motherload of unavoidable party-wide damage (example: Rajh's Blessing of the Sun in HoO). And although PoM is probably near useless on most trash pulls, I would think that in any boss fight it would end up getting those 4+ ticks. Silly DPS, standing in the fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    "RAWRIMABEAR" only goes so far.

Quote Originally Posted by AegisRose View Post
    Hello Forum,

Here's what I think I might be doing (not doing).... This is an example from Lost City pulls last night.
    Right before pull
    PoM the Tank
    Renew Tank
    hit Chakra

Mage Sheep Pulls, now 3 cat-people coming at us

As Tank Rushes in
    Cast Heal on Tank

During Mob encounter
    Cast Renew on melee / DPS if taking damage
    Cast Heal on Tank
    Freak out b/c tank is under 40% and cast Guardian Spirit
    Cast Greater Heal
    **** by now, the renews are wearing off and I feel like I've wasted the first 10-12 secs of Chakra.
    CoH for a little top off to all
    Recast renews if needed
    Cast Heal tank
    Cast PoH because everyone is taking damage... this does NOT help my renew
    Freak out b/c tank is getting dangerously low and hit Flash Heal once or twice
    Cast Heal tank

etc etc....

First problem, don't bother putting renew on dps, it costs too much mana and doesn't heal fast enough or for enough each tick to save someone or be viable for raid healing anymore.

Second problem, dont panic at 40% health on the tank, just cast a greater heal, or if you are paniced, flash heal. TYPICALLY at 40% thats MORE then enough to keep a tank alive in ANY heroic, greater heal should be more then enough. Guardian spirit should only be used when you know you cant get a heal off fast enough and the tank is under 20% health, I usually save it for 10% health.

Using flash heal if the tank is low, is fine. Just be aware of how much damage is going out on the tank though before you panic. If he is just low from not getting healed for a while, chances are greater heal is MORE then enough to heal him, flash heal usually wont be needed in this case.

Use heal as a raid healing tool as well, esp in heroics where AOE damage is common. Heal is a slower cast, and doesn't heal for a TON, but it's enough. PLUS, you get an instant cast heal from holy word: Serenity in heal chakra, USE IT! It's a great emergency heal in heroics, and 10/25 mans alike.

Sounds to me like you are just panicking too much too soon, WoTLK someone under 40% was room to panic because of the amount of spam healing required, cata doesn't require spam healing and you just have to be aware of how much damage is going out, and on who.

Healing is more then just watching health bars, we have to be aware of EVERYTHING, boss abilities, health, fire on the ground, void zones, our mana, our spells, our cooldowns.

It's a lot, try not to just tunnel on health pools and it should help you a lot

I have logged in holy spec now. I have a mix of pvp/pve items (seems to work fine right now me). I completed SFK last night - good run.
    I am pending +100 on off hand and better enchant on shoulders.
    I love Desperate Prayer - it's a life saver (for me).
    So yes please inspect now and I am waiting gladly for ur thoughts..
    definitely want to drop Rapid Renewal (reduced GCD for Renewal is so Wrath) and you might want to consider dropping Desperate Prayer and max out either State of Mind, Blessed Resilience, or split the pts. between the two. You could, theoretically, get away with not having SoR, but it still has its uses
    I modeled my holy tree based on Aliena - Void's spec aka Tankspot priest lead.
    But I am gonna check into Rapid Renewal.
    Last edited by samholypriest; 2011-01-07 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Added info on talent spec.

I have logged in holy spec now. I have a mix of pvp/pve items (seems to work fine right now me). I completed SFK last night - good run.l.
    Well if PVP gear is the best you have to go with it by try to drop it when you can as you lose helpful stats, especially since you can't reforge res. Disclaimer - I will do my best to explain things via 5 mans or Heroics because if you're not running raids IMO it's always best to maximize your healing for Heroics. Also a lot of what I chose is based on preference based on my healing style. This is of course for PVE if you heal as PVP you probably want to ignore this.

Gear-
    1. Switch out your meta to something more useful like 54int +2% mana
    2. Get Therazane shoulder enchant
    3.Think you gemed your belt wrong, you put a blue gem into a prismatic, then a red gem into a blue socket ignoring the bonus
    4. As stated above repalce pvp gear when possible

Talents (I need to fix my spec too lol)
    1. Rapid renewal is rather useless currently
    2. I prefer 2/2 state of mind than 0, not having to use GCDs to refresh chakara can make a difference
    3. Even though SOL only currently works for heal, in Heroics I find it useful, as a raid healer not so much.
    4. I find Desperate Prayer more of a PVP talent, there has never been a time I ever thought "dang if only i had DP i would have lived" If I need to heal myself and someone else at the same time I Just use binding heal
    5. You can probably not put any pts into veiled shadows for Heroics as boss fights don't go over 5 min unless you really really really have a bad group. raids 2/2 is very useful IMO
    Just tailor your talents to what you use and find useful

Glyphs
    1. Prime - I Feel PoH is a must as Holy, it's too useful not to have, I find LW very useful as I burn up all my charges and it heals for a ton, Renew is my 3rd choice seen I keep renew up on the tank. FH is situational so I don't care for it, same for GS, I never find myself thinking dang if only GS was off CD 30 seconds sooner, I hardly have to use it

2. Majory - CoH is useless if you're not raiding but there is nothing great to replace it atm so it's not a huge deal, I didn't use it when I was gearing in Heroics. Mass dispell I find very useful. Dispell is nice to have since I do a lot of dispelling it's a small heal but its free, why not? When next patch goes live of course we will all be picking up the POM glyph

Gems - I can understand cheaping out on gems on bad gear but I wouldn't on your good gear, most of your 346 and 359 you will have for a while I would spend the extra gold. And if any of your blue socket bonus has int it's worth trying to get, I usually gem them with 20int/20spi Remember Int>spi

Overall not to bad just need to pick up more heroic/JP gear, hopefully you get lucky with some good trinket drops
    Last edited by zenkai; 2011-01-07 at 07:49 PM.

Appreciate it very much. Meta gem on helm was a freebie from guild. Will be replacing today.
    Also going to change some other things like gems and talents

---------- Post added 2011-01-08 at 12:56 PM ----------

Took sometime to get some new gems, enchants.
    Got Heartsong for MH, +100 intell on OH.
    Since I don't have rep with Therzane, I had to settle with Sons of Hodir intell/spirit shoulder enchant.
    Haven't changed any talents but changed the glyphs as mentioned.
    Overall I see a increased mana pool, which is always nice. Did H Vortex Pinnacle. No issues on boss fights and mana didn't drop below 30%. I don't think anyone used lightwell..

Zenkai (and others) your thoughts on gem/enchants appreciated..