Deleted

Darkmoon Card: Tsunami

Hey guys,

Before reading this please note that this is mostly pvp related, you will understand why.

Basically this card doesn't proc on anything but casted heals, so all your instant hots and what not don't trigger the effect, well I guess you could see how this is a problem in pvp.
    A resto druid's strength in pvp is it's hots, the fact that you don't have to stand still and cast to do healing.

Anyways I am not sure why I am here on the forums telling you this other than that it is rly wierd it doesn't proc of hots because if not mistaken the old ''solace'' procced of pretty much anything.

The trinket is good for pve though if you use nourish atleast once every 10 sec.

Can anyone confirm this activates on penance ticks? (Yes I realise this is the druid forum)

it stacks 3 times on penance to others but gives only 1 buff when you cast it on yourself. it has a 10 sec internal cooldown on regular casts

Deleted
    Just a little update.

The only spells that seem to trigger it for druids are regrowth, nourish and healing touch

I would hope that this is a bug because even in some PvE situations I don't think I'm ALWAYS casting a heal. I'd have to actively be spamming nourish even in heroics. This would also most likely drop off during every tree of life phase since 98% of the heals you're doing will be instant cast.

Seems a little broken for resto druids if that's the case.

Instants can proc it, just not full on hots. swiftmend can proc it and instant regrowths proc it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawtrocity View Post
    I would hope that this is a bug because even in some PvE situations I don't think I'm ALWAYS casting a heal. I'd have to actively be spamming nourish even in heroics. This would also most likely drop off during every tree of life phase since 98% of the heals you're doing will be instant cast.

Seems a little broken for resto druids if that's the case.
    Does proc of the spells I noted above even in tree form, not of a hot tick or anything else how ever.

Most often in pvp you'll be using double resil trinkets at the moment i'd think though.

As far as I'm aware that may be a Holy Shock specific bug, I can store mana off of hots and instant casts.

Also, knowing that it can proc off instant regrowths and swiftmend makes it a lot more viable than I had just thought lol...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scorch109 View Post
    Most often in pvp you'll be using double resil trinkets at the moment i'd think though.
    That is just so comp dependent its not even worth mentioning here, I play WLD and if any comp goes for me, my partners will punish them for it

Does it proc off Rejuvenation "Gift of the Earthmother" initial instant heals?

Also, what about Effloresence heals?
    Last edited by Zeppelin535; 2011-01-03 at 10:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin535 View Post
    Does it proc off Rejuvenation "Gift of the Earthmother" initial instant heals?

Also, what about Effloresence heals?
    So far the only procs I got where on a Healing touch, a regrowth and a nourish.

Deleted
    Procs -
    Healing Touch
    Nourish
    Regrowth
    Swiftmend

Non-Procs -
    Rejuvenation - Including ticks
    Lifebloom - Including ticks
    Regrowth Ticks
    Efflorescence Ticks
    Wild Growth - Including ticks

As it stands atm, if you cast two quick casts, say, a Nourish and a OoC Regrowth, you can gain 2 stacks of Big Wave and miss the first internal cooldown. However after the second cast the cooldown kicks in and you can't gain your 3rd stack until the timer has run off.
    I for one, would like to see Druids gaining stacks from instant casts, Rejuv, Lifebloom etc.
    Right now, it's hard to wind up, but incredibly easy to keep your stacks.
    You will always have a OoC proc or use your swiftmend within 20 seconds in a raid environment, and 5man Heroics.

Until it's fixed / if it gets changed, all I can recommend is stacking your lifebloom, then actively looking to proc your big wave.
    Using the cooldown bug to get two stacks at once (Nourish + Swiftmend).

Deleted
    Spoke to a GM just now and he said that our initial hot casts are supposed to be able to trigger it and that they are working on a fix.

Tranq procs it too.

Deleted
    Upon some Hc dungeon use, it appears there is no cooldown on this trinket at all.
    I've stacked it to full with chain casts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanorian View Post
    Upon some Hc dungeon use, it appears there is no cooldown on this trinket at all.
    I've stacked it to full with chain casts.
    Weird, this does not happen when I play my paladin. I do get 2 stacks for example if I regrowth and swiftmend near enough on the same time.

Deleted
    Has been hotfixed I suppose.

It now procs from hot TICKS. Quite awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nona View Post
    Has been hotfixed I suppose.

It now procs from hot TICKS. Quite awesome!
    Ticks? no way, LB would have it at stack in 5 seconds... or perhaps you mean it would keep its ICD but be able to proc from ticks... still seems odd, and something they have not done before.

Anyway, I use this card myself and I swear by it. I remember some Items actually specified that your "direct heals" would cause a proc, but this card didnt, so I was under the impression that initial casts of HoTs would trigger. If as one poster said, Blizz fixes it to proc off the initial cast of a HoT (like other similar procs have been able to) it will be even more amazing. I raid 10mans though and do cast quite a lot of direct heals when raiding so I've always got this stacked to max anyway, but easier applications would make it even nicer.

If you want it stacked, 3x LB and Nourish spam your tank till he pulls. You can chaincast nourish and stay at 100% mana at any decent level of gear.

---

As said, right now it procs from
    Healing Touch
    Nourish
    Regrowth
    Swiftmend (though this seems chancy. Perhaps Ive just been casting it within the ICD)