Holy vs disc in pvp

I'm not a great expert about pvp but i'm trying to get infos and find a way to play in this aspect of the game i always ignored so i have a few questions for you.

1) I thought with the new patch holy was given decent amount of tools to survive in pvp: love chastise and body and soul. Even guardian spirit shines if there is not too many los problems. Yet i was wondering: with ppl getting honor set very fast will disc be better? If ppl takes less damage then shields become more and more useful and so does absorption in general.

2) Unfortunately i dont see much space for some pve tools in pvp (but about this i can be wrong): in particular chakra doesnt look so sexy in that environment.

3) What about atonement in pvp? Is it viable or the range and amount of healing it does is not useful at all? If u take atonement should you also take archangel?

4) I may be a total noob about this but what to do against rogues/arms war/feral droods? I seem to be their bitch atm...
    Last edited by Posh; 2011-01-03 at 05:32 PM. Reason: added question 4

i found holy had EXCELLENT heals, but a bit lower surviviability and mana usage. you have great heals, but they cost alot. alot of people have been using holy in bg/arena, so its not completely unviable. chakra heal is awesome, but to cast a heal off with someone on you isnt gonna happen to activate it. chakra smite is really good to help burst dmg. my .02 cents

Holy has some pretty nice PVP stuff currently and I prefer it in 2s. Chastice is amazing and body and soul can really save your butt. GS has the most benefit when it actually gets to proc, that's for sure. I really only have experience in 2s so far this season, but Holy has worked better for my comps. Disc is great, I do love it, but it just seems to be lacking more for the comps I have tried (mainly feral partner). Absorbs aren't that great anymore because the shield is much weaker than it used to be - that's where I feel disc is lacking.

I have had a few chances to use Chakra in PVP, but not enough to even feel 1 pt is worth it.

You get so smashed in PVP as a Priest healer that you really don't have time to be offensive. Speccing into any offensive talents has been a waste for me personally, though if you are able to use it to your advantage, they are worth it.

Against rogues, warriors and ferals I just /cry and hope my partner can get some good peels/CCs!

I am no expert though, I haven't Arenad seriously since BC (and now of course) so that's my disclaimer!

I have been a HUGE fan of holy in pvp as of late. Right now with the use of Guardian Spirit and Glyphed Spirit of Redemption, dps that know how to use Lightwell, chakra heal.... Body and Soul when you bubble plus a personal poison dispell... A lot of unique utility that was never viable in LK or BC in arenas. You definitely need the gear to be able to play in holy right now (i'm sitting at about over 2500 resil and 130k+ health buffed) in order to survive.

Disc was amazing in LK, but it has really become subpar imo with this expansion. You have a lot more instant casts and flexibility. but you usually end up kinda spammy due to the cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Posh View Post
    I'm not a great expert about pvp but i'm trying to get infos and find a way to play in this aspect of the game i always ignored so i have a few questions for you.

1) I thought with the new patch holy was given decent amount of tools to survive in pvp: love chastise and body and soul. Even guardian spirit shines if there is not too many los problems. Yet i was wondering: with ppl getting honor set very fast will disc be better? If ppl takes less damage then shields become more and more useful and so does absorption in general.

2) Unfortunately i dont see much space for some pve tools in pvp (but about this i can be wrong): in particular chakra doesnt look so sexy in that environment.

3) What about atonement in pvp? Is it viable or the range and amount of healing it does is not useful at all? If u take atonement should you also take archangel?

4) I may be a total noob about this but what to do against rogues/arms war/feral droods? I seem to be their bitch atm...
    Although harsh, you can do nothing.
    The ONLY way you can have any amount of survivability is by getting a heavy amount of Resilience.
    Many (I say many because I only know a handful of decent Disc Priests, but chances are it is All) of the BEST Priests have all gone Shadow or rerolled due to the horrid state they are in.
    At the moment, any other Healer can fill a Priest's role and then some.

Unfortunately, until they make the fix, which is hopefully this week, you will be severely under the other Healers, and in some cases unplayable.

But in short, to your questions
    1) Between the two, Holy is apparently better than Discipline due to more throughput.
    2) Again, its only use is additional Throughput due to it replacing your Chastise.
    3) The range on atonement is extremely bad, and probably only viable in 2s with a Melee Partner. Even then, you will be tunneled so quickly that you will not even have a Chance to be casting Smite.
    Archangel is also a well made ability but again, the rate at which you will be casting Smite is in such a small window that unless your two partners are controlling all opponents, you will not be casting it or you will fall behind in Healing, more so than you already do.
    4) By yourself, nothing. Against those 3 you will NEED Peels. However, with all Healers having a Dispel now, that will be rather difficult.