Vial of the Sands recipe - found it / still working on it?

For this UNGODLY hell on earth (for some of us) grind for this elusive recipe, I thought I would start a thread for us with alchemy and working on this to give an idea of what kind of drop rate we are looking at. The drop rate information on wowhead is inaccurate, because it is also taking into account drops on characters that do not have Alchemy, maybe we can start getting a clearer picture here.

I, myself am working on Canopic Jar #7 at the time of writing this.

(I will also take the time to point out I have an 85 alt with max alch / arch)
    "Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure. When in fact to be proven wrong should be celebrated. It is [being elevated] to a new level of understanding." - Peter Joseph
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy
    ... I live in Texas and I have seen a TON of climate change in ONE day ...
    ZOMG! Play NES games in your browser!

I stopped levelling my mains Archeology skill to level my alt Herb/Alchemist's archeology skill. Made 525 over one weekend of casual grinding (music playing in the background, afk'ing between spots to take the puppy for a walk, etc) - got the canopic jar recipe on my 3rd Tol'Vir relic and pattern was inside.

How do I celebrate? By levelling my mains archeology skill since he's the one that collects pets/mounts.

Aggy™

I try to solve one Tol'vir a day to keep myself sane.

My current plan is to keep going till I get every possible rare from Night Elf, which I only have one remaining, then just give up.

As it stands I still prefer my touring rocket over any dragon mount for its small size.

I try to get at least one Canopic per day, but its doing little for my sanity. As it sits now, I have completed 42 Tol'vir commons (6 of which were jars), and 2 rare (including the ever useless scarab pendant). I've stopped tracking hours, I assume I'm pushing the 150 or so area.
    "Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure. When in fact to be proven wrong should be celebrated. It is [being elevated] to a new level of understanding." - Peter Joseph
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy
    ... I live in Texas and I have seen a TON of climate change in ONE day ...
    ZOMG! Play NES games in your browser!

I've seen quite a high drop rate (from reports), note that even if the droprate is 50% there will still be hundreds of unlucky bastards who don't get it after their 10th canpoic jar.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?