Meta Gems [Fire]

this might already be somewhere but i found no mention of it or may have overlooked something in the FAQ's but here's the question.
    -Given the requirements for the 54 crit 3% dmg meta, could gemming for the 54 int 2% mana outweigh or equal the crit meta?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuku65 View Post
    this might already be somewhere but i found no mention of it or may have overlooked something in the FAQ's but here's the question.
    -Given the requirements for the 54 crit 3% dmg meta, could gemming for the 54 int 2% mana outweigh or equal the crit meta?
    Yes it does outweigh because INT has an value nearly 3 times any other stat. Losing a bunch of Int to get more blue gems than red is stupid. Almost anything is better. The 54 Int 2% mana is good, especially when you start raiding in mostly blues.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuku65 View Post
    this might already be somewhere...
    It's answered on EJ: http://elitistjerks.com/f75/t110326-...ge_compendium/

No it wont. 3% crit dmg is far to superior and no, you will not have to drop any int.

Simple Solusion: (you got 10 gem sockets; 6 of those need to be blue, purple or green gems)

Solution is: Gem 20 crit/hit in yellow sockets, pure Hit in blue sockets.
    Reforge hit of gear to crit if needed. In decent raid gear where options gets more tight you will need more hit aswell to reach the 17% cap, and nothing else decent to throw in blue sockets, best purple alternative is int/stam or int/hit if u can afford to drop the hit.

Besides, the other meta is 2% Mana, there is no Int bonus=no dps increase

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zeflow View Post
    No it wont. 3% crit dmg is far to superior and no, you will not have to drop any int.
    Oh look, another person making up numbers. Read EJ, play with sims, play with rawr.

Put your calculated numbers here instead of blindly trusting EJ. Idealy you fix a spreadsheet proving me wrong.

Went to EJ, looked at it, found this:

"2: Meta-gem Activation. We do need to activate our meta-gem, even if it means placing a single Blue/Purple gem into a socket somewhere which might not have been the optimal choice in a vacuum for that slot."

Basicly, let me put it like this. I currently have ilv 355 pve gear, (12 epics) and im excactly at hitcap with my gem solution+some reforge of hit to haste and an active Meta
    Last edited by Zeflow; 2011-01-03 at 08:25 PM.

I'm not your monkey If you trust your gut more than EJ, then test it out in rawr and you'll get the same result as from EJ.

Edit, responding to your edit: that's nice that you're hit capped and your meta is active. Would you like a cookie? It doesn't mean that you're gemmed correctly. If you have 12 epics, you probably have enough gem slots that the Ember is the correct choice. If you were in 333 gear, chaotic would probably be better.
    Last edited by Tirsten; 2011-01-03 at 08:58 PM.

Who makes Rawr?

- Gotta answer: EJ

New question, why do you think the result is the same?

Um, actually rawr is open source software. EJ is a guild on Mal'ganis that hosts public forums. None of the rawr devs are in EJ.

Where do you think the stat calculations in rawr comes from?

Tooltips, log parses, testing done by the community, communication with the people who build simcraft, etc. There's no black box, no cabal. If you have actual conflicting data, go ahead and contribute, in the meantime, stop shitposting on the internet.