Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Words can be difficult...

Of course gear scales with content level. And as difficulty level is caused by lack of (primary) knowledge and (secondary) gear, content will be easier as time goes by. So every tier will start out as hard, and end up as easy. More or less...

Right now we are at the start of new content, which is exciting times for everyone. Especially the healers. But my main point was that lots of the remaining time spent farming a content tier is dead boring for healers. While e.g. dps can still experience some fun.
    Last edited by Eleg; 2011-01-06 at 12:59 PM.

I bet for alot of wotlk raid healers starting off things were alil rough, but learning how to use those mana efficient spells and when to dump those high mana costing heals made raid healing pretty dang fun. I must say although raid healing isnt what it used to be for a resto druid " blanket hotting style" its nice to see that healer skill cap just went up and for those who adjusted slow to the cata changes...stick in there. Things will get better when your gear/rotation gets tweaked a tad
    Last edited by Healandco; 2011-01-06 at 01:16 PM.

Tanking is more annoying then healing usually imo.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dps is boring, I either heal or tank instances/raids. Attention span wanders if dps'ing. Cata is a nice break from Wrath, as you do have to pay attention as heals. Wrath almost made me stop healing, as from about Ulduar on, with rare occasions, I dps'd while healing as the numbers were so outta wack. Rarely went into tree form, even during raids, as that impacted my dps.

Im a wrath baby with a rest shaman and def got knocked into 'omgwtf is this?' in cata dungeons. But I stuck with it and lvl'd my toon to 85 healing dungeons, got mostly itm lvl 346 with a few 359 rep pieces that seems to help alot with healing but it still can be hard depending on group. I had to completely changed the way I heal for sure, watching mana all my cd's and findeing the optimal time to use them on the fly and understandeing better the mechanics of my heals and usually ..decideing who to let die and live when it comes to errors in runs. And just so you know healers ARE hands down the most aware of whats going on in heroic dungeons and know if you messed up. What I find the most enjoyable is when I ask dps or tank to do something to make it easier to heal, exe cc this interrupt this one go here they 90% of the time do it wich is awsome, seems healers are takeing lead rolls in dungeons now. But to answere the question, yes I stuck to healing and am loveing it now.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been a healer since The Burning Crusade and I'm not thinking about rerolling anytime soon.
    My main is a Holy Paladin since the Wotlk, and I find the new heroics / raids a new and awesome challenge !
    I recognize it can be tough to heal some HCs if you get people that have no clue at all, but overall it's a pretty fun task by now.
    As for me, the more challenging it gets, the more I want to play it! SO NERF ME MOAR !!^^

Quote Originally Posted by Krid View Post
    I've noticed a decline in healers majorly due to the difficulty of healing in this expansion. I think that it's a weak move on a healer's part to quit when it gets hard. If you're a true healer, you will deal with it and get better with the new style of healing.

So my question is: Are you a former healer that has re-rolled, switched spec, or gone to an alt to dps or tank?
    So, if you've noticed a decline in healers, that means you are not queuing as a healer.

In other words, you are criticizing other players for doing what you are doing -- queuing as a non-healer.

I've noticed more "healing capable" classes queueing as dps, but rolling on healing gear (saying it 's for their off-set). I wouldn't have a huge problem with this, but when the monkeys start flinging poo everywhere, these same "healers in training" are the ones that never cast a self heal, let alone switch to helping avoid a wipe. I think many of these might just have been (like tanks) mid-late WotLK players that specced heals to get faster queue times, and don't necessarily have the reflexes or mindset to heal anything remotely tricky.

I'd expect the drop in healers (average wait time for instance queues is 2-3 min for me) is simply the casuals trying it once and freaking out. I'm equally guilty, since I am rebuilding my tanking set via healing so that I can go back to tanking/healing 50/50% to avoid ADD issues
    Last edited by Tokhar; 2011-01-06 at 05:34 PM. Reason: typos and adding tankage comment

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    I find that the thing that makes most of the healing hard is when you have bad dps, dps getting avoidable damage is the only thing that makes it hard, the sooner the dps start to follow tactics and stop with the wrath mentality of just nuke and expect the healers to do all the work, things will go back to normal.

I ran a heroic yesterday where we wiped 6 times cause the dps kept standing in the aoe meaning i lost all my mana trying to keep everyone alive, the 7th time, by some miracle everyone avoided the damage we killed the boss with no problem and i finished with 80% mana and all the dps on full health, just goes to show what a difference it makes when dps do their jobs.

Think about that though. The only way to be a successful healer, is not having to heal? Ya, that sounds like a fun role to play.

Hey dps class, we are going to design these mechanics so that to be successful, you don't dps. Sound right to anyone?

Hey tank class, we are going to make these encounters so that to be successful, you don't tank. ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vutar View Post
    Think about that though. The only way to be a successful healer, is not having to heal? Ya, that sounds like a fun role to play.

Hey dps class, we are going to design these mechanics so that to be successful, you don't dps. Sound right to anyone?

Hey tank class, we are going to make these encounters so that to be successful, you don't tank. ?
    If the group is avoiding damage then the healer doesn't have to heal too much. DPS, Blizz designed encounters so you have to move,interrupt,and CC. Your rhetorical questions shows you have little understanding of the new mechanics. Jager was 100% right! Healers job isn't to heal stupid, don't dps see their life dropping or is your dps meter that important. Anyway, get a clue or go back to Xbox.

Quote Originally Posted by blazto View Post
    If the group is avoiding damage then the healer doesn't have to heal too much. DPS, Blizz designed encounters so you have to move,interrupt,and CC. Your rhetorical questions shows you have little understanding of the new mechanics. Jager was 100% right! Healers job isn't to heal stupid, don't dps see their life dropping or is your dps meter that important. Anyway, get a clue or go back to Xbox.

What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul...

Make your points without insulting others. ~ Fuzzzie
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2011-01-07 at 12:59 AM.

Deleted
    I've been a healer ever since I started raiding back in the start of TBC. I dunno what it is, but I can't get the same satisfaction from dpsing or tanking. Same applies for PvP. For me, healing brings the most action, and the harder it is to heal, the more I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    I've been a healer ever since I started raiding back in the start of TBC. I dunno what it is, but I can't get the same satisfaction from dpsing or tanking. Same applies for PvP. For me, healing brings the most action, and the harder it is to heal, the more I like it.
    This is exactly how I feel with healing. I don't like sitting back and keeping others alive. I just like controlling enemy players and killing stuff.