Thread: Arcane hate?

Arcane hate?

Of all the class and spec combos, arcane seems to be among the top made fun of for pve along with hunters and dk's. There are youtube videos out there showing people actually facerolling arcane mages. And everyone always falls back to the "it's a 1 button rotation".

Where did these misconceptions come from?

I've played every class in the game over the past 5+ years and I have to say that all dps specs are easy and for the most part consist of watching cooldowns and firing off the the one that does the most damage and is available. The priority list may change when the boss's health is in execute level for some class specs. Multiple targets may also change the priority for some class specs.

But arcane seems unique due to it being the only class spec that changes its priority list based on its energy resource. Yes, one of these phases is a 1 button mash fest, but due to energy resources and the design of this one button, can't last very long and the priority changes to one of recovering then conserving that mana untill you can burn it again and recover immediately after and keep cycling until the boss is dead. The conservation phase can change based on resources which change based on current gear.

I have to say that i am enjoying this playstyle because of its uniqueness and not because its supposed simplicty. I don't rp, but arcane also seems closer to what i envision what rl mages would be like. Let the warlocks and shamans control the elements.

Because it was like that in Wrath and people don't learn about classes they don't play.
    That's also why frost mages get flak for only casting ice lance when that is clearly not the case.

mocking arcane mages is so pre 7 december

it comes from here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISsOjfHgtws

juuuuuust answering the question ;p nothing else

No, I've been hearing people dogging arcane for way longer than this video has been out. This video in fact is the video that I was referring to in my original post and it just perpetuates the negativity towards Arcane Mages, but isn't the cause of that negativity. It is good to watch if you aren't familiar with what how stereotypical nerds look and act.

=D

Its because they have been at times overly faceroll, like in icc with hm gear when the whole goal of gearing up was that you could literally press one button and then call out of innervates and pi's to maintain that.