Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    This is a test of the emergency pick up line service. Beeeeeeeeeep. If you had been any less beautiful, you would have just heard a bad pick up line.
    >_O I don't like that one at all!

Much better would be, "I am a llama wearing a Santa hat. Have you ever been with a llama wearing a Santa hat?" And I'd be like, "zomg I must try this!"

10+ Year Old Account
    No, this is how it works. Make eye contact with her once, and smile and look away. Then, make eye contact again. If she's looking back and smiling, go talk to her in a perfectly normal way.

It isn't a good pick-up line to use to start a conversation with a woman. I think the best way to be friends with opposite sex is be yourself and don't impersonate your character just to impress them. Women are precious so take good care of them and be gentleman enough.

Deleted
    I personally stand by mild deception tactics.

Once after the deception has occurred and you reveal your thick glasses and bad teeth, simply imply that the true test begins. If this fall short atleast it wasn't for a want of trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    Works if it is trash you want to pick up.
    I agree. Try being simply nice. Going to bars during the week won't get you any good. Stick to playing WoW and placing your pick-up lines in /trade chat.

Deleted
    If the pickup lines don't work, just remember that strangulated women can't scream. That's when you also spread your diseases!

I would say that pickup line wouldn't work, seems like your actually trying to get her attention. As far as talking to women in bars, something I've noticed is that you have to act slightly uninterested yet be interesting to her. If you want an ice breaker, just asking to get her a drink will be enough (21+ here of course).

Now, other settings call for different "tactics". If your at a Hookah or other smoking lounge (18+ here), learn to make smoke rings. I don't know how many times I've been approached by random girls who thought that was fascinating.

If your out and about your best bet in talking to women would be summed up in 1 simple rule. Don't be creepy.

Follow that one golden rule no matter where you are, and you'll find women will always be willing and open to talk to you. The moment you get creepy, well... hopefully it was a nice conversation while it lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    If the pickup lines don't work, just remember that strangulated women can't scream. That's when you also spread your diseases!
    Play a DK? :P

"Hello ma'am, would you be interested in some sexual positions and emotional investments?"

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty good, though I still prefer mine;
    Hey there, I'm not handsome or interesting, but I'm rich as hell.
    Never fails.

Just ask them the simple question of, How much do polar bears weigh? The when they don't respond answer with, Enough to break the ice.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post
    It's pretty good, though I still prefer mine;
    Hey there, I'm not handsome or interesting, but I'm rich as hell.
    Never fails.
    Reminds me of something I head a comedian say:

"Women say they like a guy with a sense of humor, it seems like I get a whole lot funnier when I say I drive a BMW"

Paraphrased, but the point is there.

Deleted
    If you can't talk to women, get a friend to just cast Miss-Direct onto you.

"mind if i stand over here? I just farted over there."

Deleted
    I'd like to raid your instance if you know what i mean

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yavannie View Post
    No, this is how it works. Make eye contact with her once, and smile and look away. Then, make eye contact again. If she's looking back and smiling, go talk to her in a perfectly normal way.
    THE GOD OF LOVE HATH SPOKEN.

LOL. Seriously who are you, Will Smith in Hitch? Can't anyone just talk to anyone anymore without pretention?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just avoid the pick up lines, please. Do us all a favour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantooth View Post
    THE GOD OF LOVE HATH SPOKEN.

LOL. Seriously who are you, Will Smith in Hitch? Can't anyone just talk to anyone anymore without pretention?
    If you're unsure enough of yourself to ask for a pickup line, I just thought I'd share a less tacky but still safe alternative. This way, you gauge the interest before putting yourself on the line completely.

The few times I've actually been out looking for guys, I've done this and it's worked for me. You feel that much more confident if you know there's an interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    Pickup lines are like the skill Charge. They don't get the job done, but they do pin your target down long enough for you to take a few good swings before they get away.

Unless you're in a bar where everyone keeps constantly jumping.
    Haha you just made my day^^

Pickup lines are terrible..

If you want to grab that initial attention from a woman: Ask her something about her.

Edit: Not something stupid like, Come here often, where ya from ect...

Take note of any reading material she may have, particular style in the way she dresses, ect.