Moneymaking proffesion?

I got jc on my main, disenchanter on my one alt, herbing and mining on my other alt.
    Are there any money in Alchemy? Combined with JC?
    Do raw herbs sell for more than flasks etc?

whats your experiences?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've found LW to be an amazing money-maker. After getting to max level and buying a couple epic patterns, I'm able to buy out the mats to craft them for 2-3k gold, craft the item and sell it for 20k +. The only downside is needing the chaos orbs, but they're easy to get. I've made well over 300k in the last 2 weeks.

It all depends on your server, on my server people just don't seem to buy epics. Mine just sit there unsold until I lower the price low enough that making them isn't worth my effort.

As for alchemy, at least on my server everything is currently selling for less than it costs to make. (Truegold is the only one that is even close so if i get an xmute proc i make money)

Right now I am finding a lot of profit in smelting.

Ironic I know but maybe my server is filled with morons but I can buy obsidian ore for 2g each and sell bars for 10g each. (6g profit on each bar)

Kinda funny that the most profitable crafting profession is mining hahahaha

10+ Year Old Account
    On my server you can make a killing from both JC and Mining, for JC, Bold Scarlet Rubies sell for 250 gold~ and the raw gem only costs around 70 gold, so I normally buy in bulk and cut them all, making a solid profit of 4-5k gold each time.

Quote Originally Posted by Larcissa View Post
    On my server you can make a killing from both JC and Mining, for JC, Bold Scarlet Rubies sell for 250 gold~ and the raw gem only costs around 70 gold, so I normally buy in bulk and cut them all, making a solid profit of 4-5k gold each time.
    hahah makes me wanna switch servers hahah on my server when you cut a gem it's value divides in half.

10+ Year Old Account
    The easiest to do is Mining and herb just selling the mats but the ones where the big bucks are the crafting professions (Tailor, LW, BLKSMTH) the mats for most of the epic items at the top level are no more than 10k gold and if u can not stand in the fire long enough to get the chaos orbs u can resell them for 20-40k (elementium shield goes for 30k on thrall alliance) but those are expensive to level to max and very very time consuming
    You may be smarter than me but I inherited a multi-million dollar enterprise.

10+ Year Old Account
    96.87% of the time, in my room. The other 3.13%? Pooping.
    I'm a miner/JC, have been since Wrath, and I've never had any real gold problems, you just have to get it out there and farm it all. I won't reveal my farming location, but it's no large task to farm 2k gold in an hour from mining alone, before all the gems I find with it(which I then cut and sell) so really, it's a fairly profitable combo.
    Don't ever prospect, though. I worked it out, and I was losing quite a bit if I prospected 5 ore. The 2 and 1/2 bars would sell for more than the gems I'd get.

Deleted
    Alchemy, make trinkets, DE, sell maelstrom crystals, PROFIT?

On my server its nice profit atleast.

Quote Originally Posted by Papaboonga View Post
    Alchemy, make trinkets, DE, sell maelstrom crystals, PROFIT?

On my server its nice profit atleast.
    We've been doing this for a while in my guild, but it seems that now, most of the people who need Maelstrom crystals know the trick, so price of Maelstrom crystals has plummeted to slightly over 1K gold/u.

10+ Year Old Account
    mining/skinning.

L2P the AH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    *punches ThunderBlunder in the face*

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderBlunder View Post
    mining/skinning.

L2P the AH.
    Inscription >>>>> herbing (i bought thousands of cinderbloom/whiptail stacks, and made 200-400% profit on every single one of them).
    Jewelcrafting >>>> mining.
    Can't say for leatherworking though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have found mining to be insanely profitable so far. I've spent roughly 20 hours farming since release and levelling, and have accrued roughly 26k gold. That is selling Pyrite Ore for 60g each (yes each, not per stack), and stacks of Elementium for 109g. Those are average prices, and rarely vary on my server.