can mages solo any old raids or heroics now

Iv had a tank main since vanilla but was thinking of switching to my mage for dps this expansion. Can they solo any old raidsike kara or maybe h mgt? I figure with the big health pools and dps they should but wanna check

I haven't solo'd any raids yet. I haven't tried.

But I can solo any TBC heroic, i did that to finish off some reputations a few weeks back. Most mages at 80 could do that towards the end of the expansion, though...
    moderators removed my signature picture because they can't get Glad like me.

Haters Gonna Hate

i can solo all of kara (chest sucks lol) and all of BC heroics and some of early woltk dungeons.

edit: i do H MGT and H Sethek halls for mount every day no problem. Go frost DF crits 2 shot bosses.

15+ Year Old Account
    I solo'd the mage boss in heroic nexus for her christmas hat on my frost mage, was ezmode. I don't even have heroic gear on them.

BC Heroics are not too bad. Just have to be kind of smart and not pull the world. The mount heroics from bc are pretty easy. Dunno if you can do them as anything other than frost tho

I did all of kara (minus netherspite) as my pve fire spec.
    ARMORY LINKS- Mage - Paladin

Frost mages can faceroll most wotlk heroics in 346 gear

15+ Year Old Account
    Molten Core shouldn't be too difficult to solo as a frost mage, at level 85. (managed to do it at lvl 80)
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Sethekk Halls/HMgT were both soloable at 80, and are cake now.

Each week I solo Attumen for the mount, plus Garr and Geddon for Thunderfury. Not sure how easy the other MC bosses are.

It's pretty easy as frost, Mirror images buy you a lot of DPS time, and you can ping pong with your water elemental by using Ice Block and Invisibility. Deep Freeze is great for any boss fight with adds, as a 100k DF will seriously wound any low level raid add if not kill them outright.

Deleted
    MGT, most of kara and all heroics were soloable at 80 as frost in PvP/PvE mix.

Vanilla: everything except impossible encounters (due to mechanic) was soloable on lvl80. Those encounters that were impossible (twin emperors and the first boss in BWL whats-his-name) on lvl80 are still impossible now. MC was soloable at lvl80, it is much easier now.

TBC: all heroic dungeons were soloable, Kara was soloable in good gear, everything, as far as I know, wasn't soloable from start to end. Right now I didn't try going to Hyjal/ZA or anything else, but I believe it might be possible with two pve specs (fire and frost), switching between them for different situations. Fire aoe with snares and slows is totally insane atm, you can take down huge packs of mobs like in Hyjal for example easily. Much faster and safer as with frost, for example. All lvl80 dungeons (non-heroics) were soloable at level 80, even the HoR. Didn't try heroic versions tbh, but I think at least everything before the last 3 wotlk heroics is soloable now, probably PoS and FoS too.

Deleted
    Kara I do every week to try and get the mount so f******g easy as frost
    Last edited by mmoc2677a5d0b5; 2011-01-04 at 01:20 PM. Reason: swear word :P

Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    Vanilla: everything except impossible encounters (due to mechanic) was soloable on lvl80. Those encounters that were impossible (twin emperors and the first boss in BWL whats-his-name) on lvl80 are still impossible now. MC was soloable at lvl80, it is much easier now.

TBC: all heroic dungeons were soloable, Kara was soloable in good gear, everything, as far as I know, wasn't soloable from start to end. Right now I didn't try going to Hyjal/ZA or anything else, but I believe it might be possible with two pve specs (fire and frost), switching between them for different situations. Fire aoe with snares and slows is totally insane atm, you can take down huge packs of mobs like in Hyjal for example easily. Much faster and safer as with frost, for example. All lvl80 dungeons (non-heroics) were soloable at level 80, even the HoR. Didn't try heroic versions tbh, but I think at least everything before the last 3 wotlk heroics is soloable now, probably PoS and FoS too.
    Hes called "Razorgore the Untaimed".
    But would you please tell me how you managed to kill Skeram at 80? I seriously had no chance against the perma interrupt :c would be great to know.

The 40 man 1st in AQ isn't soloable, I believe

Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    The 40 man 1st in AQ isn't soloable, I believe
    Manage to take down the first 4 bosses in AQ40 without any problem.

edit.

Also manage to solo all but the first boss in BWL as fire/frost!

I haven't gone back to try much of the stuff since 85, but at 80 I was able to do the following:

Karazhan
    All BC heroics I tried
    Molten Core
    ZG(R.I.P.)

You can probally do ZA now, I was close to getting it at 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Captn View Post
    Manage to take down the first 4 bosses in AQ40 without any problem.

edit.

Also manage to solo all but the first boss in BWL as fire/frost!
    How do you manage vael? Just kill him before he explodes your face or can he target mirrors/WE with his bomb?

I am planning on going to Gruul and a few other 70 raid bosses. Hell, any raid @ 70 is in the realm of possibility. Any fight that had a dps requirement needed no more than 10k dps (I think brutalus was 10k raid dps requirement) which is VERY obtainable at 85. Just need to figure out how to survive!

If we could manage to get water elemental to tank, I think the most damage tbc bosses did was like 4k dps, which would certainly b heal-able with the frost talent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phovos View Post
    I am planning on going to Gruul and a few other 70 raid bosses. Hell, any raid @ 70 is in the realm of possibility. Any fight that had a dps requirement needed no more than 10k dps (I think brutalus was 10k raid dps requirement) which is VERY obtainable at 85. Just need to figure out how to survive!

If we could manage to get water elemental to tank, I think the most damage tbc bosses did was like 4k dps, which would certainly b heal-able with the frost talent.
    Have ele pull, mirror image dps hard, invis, keep dpsing. It wont tank forever, but it will tank for a little while this way - I used this with Bloodlord in ZG while trying to farm that mount for a while at 80

Edit: I've also been soloing Utgarde Pinnacle for the mount when I have time. Really easy...

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd View Post
    How do you manage vael? Just kill him before he explodes your face or can he target mirrors/WE with his bomb?
    Went frost and just zerged him down, with ~10 sec left on the debuff