Poll: Do you miss the Tree?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKidding View Post
    ROLL ANOTHER CLASS IF YOU WANT TO SEE YOUR GEAR!

You want Cat Form and Bear Form to be cooldown too as well so you can see your gear?! God... non-Druids...
    I've been a druid for 3 years. My druid was my first ever character and though I really enjoy playing it I'm sick of always looking exactly the same when in combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe that it was removed to "show" the gear, it was removed mostly for - as usual - arena (in)balance problems.
    Or else they would made druid dps in feral or balance in humanoid form
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Erm... I'm sorry to say this, but Tree form wasn't special or different than any other Druid form in combat, or out of combat.

You shift in combat, you shift out when you're not in combat, should you choose to.

If you feel that the treant was too lame or you want to see your gear, you should also agree that all forms should be eliminated and Druids should just get 'aspects' with buffs... We'll staff tank, staff DPS, and cast in whatever race we are. Then, we can be even shoddier knock-offs of the other classes and even more hybridized!

I think it's stupid that people ever complained about a form in the first place...it was a matter of boring Druid healing leading you to look for any excuse to get a rise out of Blizz to make changes to the spec, imo.

I think it's stupid that they changed it when the whole point of being a Druid is to be in forms. Idc whatever lore or BS you wanna quote, for 5 some-odd years that was the class definition. Change is good most of the time with a stagnating MMO, but to just yank it like that, with no similar definition-shattering changes for other classes, along with no choice in the matter, especially considering it's cosmetic, is just ...bad. I can't think of another word for it, it's bad.

I don't really care at this point if they bring back the form as a permanent thing anymore... I battled for Druids throughout Beta, and the only thing ever acomplished was people started talking about penises and beastiality.

Fix the Glyph imo... Stop being all lawyery with the fine print and make the cosmetic tree form a cosmetic tree form, not a cosmetic CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Knirps View Post
    Erm... I'm sorry to say this, but Tree form wasn't special or different than any other Druid form in combat, or out of combat.

You shift in combat, you shift out when you're not in combat, should you choose to.

If you feel that the treant was too lame or you want to see your gear, you should also agree that all forms should be eliminated and Druids should just get 'aspects' with buffs... We'll staff tank, staff DPS, and cast in whatever race we are. Then, we can be even shoddier knock-offs of the other classes and even more hybridized!

I think it's stupid that people ever complained about a form in the first place...it was a matter of boring Druid healing leading you to look for any excuse to get a rise out of Blizz to make changes to the spec, imo.

I think it's stupid that they changed it when the whole point of being a Druid is to be in forms. Idc whatever lore or BS you wanna quote, for 5 some-odd years that was the class definition. Change is good most of the time with a stagnating MMO, but to just yank it like that, with no similar definition-shattering changes for other classes, along with no choice in the matter, especially considering it's cosmetic, is just ...bad. I can't think of another word for it, it's bad.

I don't really care at this point if they bring back the form as a permanent thing anymore... I battled for Druids throughout Beta, and the only thing ever acomplished was people started talking about penises and beastiality.

Fix the Glyph imo... Stop being all lawyery with the fine print and make the cosmetic tree form a cosmetic tree form, not a cosmetic CD.
    This, this, this...and this. Sums up everything very nicely and you can't argue it. For those that say you want to see your gear, then seriously, heal out of tree form if its that important. Don't wanna gimp yourself? Play another class. Druids are the shifters. If tree is a CD, so should all the others. And don't gimme that 'cant mangle/claw/rip' whatever nonsense. If you can magically turn into a bear, you can use your hands or weapon to tear at the enemy.

Deleted
    @Knirps: Actually the Tree form was different from the other druid forms. As I stated previously, choosing your spec as a druid, means in lore that you are choosing which group you wish to become a part of and what Animal totem you are picking up.

Feral druids become Druids of the Claw, being the front line soldiers. While Balance druids probably become a part of the Druids of the Talon. While Restoration druids don't pick up either of those paths.
    So in lore, there is no such thing as a Druid transforming into a tree. You could say "lolol, in art and comic i saw druid had his skin turning to bark", well, that is Barkskin, my friend, which is a spell ingame and belongs to all druids.

It was removed because having to be in a form to do as much healing as any other healing class was stupid design. I don't see how people still don't understand this. To be just as effective as other healers, you had to forgo all of your abilities except for the ones focused around healing. All other healers did not.

Terrible design. They won't bring it back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again, Tree form wasn't a part of druids in the beginning and wasn't a part of lore. Also, being in one form a whole fight isn't 'shifting'.

Also, bears and cats obviously can't rake or mangle in human form, which is why those forms make sense, besides the fact they were in lore. Moonkins are the same as restos, form is not needed to cast spells.

You thinking lore doesn't matter, shifting isn't shifting anyway, you and personally don't want to see your gear holds no more weight than druids who actually played since release, the game trying to keep with lore, and those that want to see their gear.

So yes, you can argue it, because there is no facts in the I like or dislike tree form debate. It's all opinion.

I do think druids should have the choice to sit in tree or not. The CD HAS to look like the new tree for pvp balance issues, but the rest of the time they should have a choice of sitting in a cosmetic form or not. It doesn't effect their gameplay at all. Old tree form as a spell was terrible. As cosmetic it doesn't really matter either way.
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2011-01-04 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    @Knirps: Actually the Tree form was different from the other druid forms. As I stated previously, choosing your spec as a druid, means in lore that you are choosing which group you wish to become a part of and what Animal totem you are picking up.

Feral druids become Druids of the Claw, being the front line soldiers. While Balance druids probably become a part of the Druids of the Talon. While Restoration druids don't pick up either of those paths.
    So in lore, there is no such thing as a Druid transforming into a tree. You could say "lolol, in art and comic i saw druid had his skin turning to bark", well, that is Barkskin, my friend, which is a spell ingame and belongs to all druids.
    You read nothing I wrote.

I never said 'lol' or mentioned comics or anything like that.

I probably did not mention those things because my opinions were not based on lore, or, as I stated, any other BS you want to spew.

The game. Is the game. Is the game. Is the game.

They butcher lore, what people look like, stories, and make up lore as they go along, along with many other things.

The game is the game. The lore is the lore. When they meet, it's awesome for the lore-buffs and fun to read. When they don't, it's because the game is the game and not an animated comicwikilorebook.

So, anyway, you didn't read anything I wrote.

The spellcaster-style druid shouldn't shapeshift, at least not as permanent forms. Moonkin form is just a cute way of saying Shadowform. If you want to shapeshift, go feral.

I for one think the moonkin is hideous, which is a shame because I enjoy the whole eclipse mechanic. I hate the fact that if I want to play a caster druid, I have to be a fat, ugly, derpy chicken. At least the healer druids get to see their fucking character. Feral is the only spec that makes sense to have permanent forms, because that's their thing! Balance druids are the "offensive nature spellcaster" and Restoration is the "defensive and support nature spellcaster". It has never made sense for them to shapeshift as a central aspect of their roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryad View Post
    it had no real benefits.
    1) 6% more healing
    2) 987459786 armor

Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    The spellcaster-style druid shouldn't shapeshift, at least not as permanent forms. Moonkin form is just a cute way of saying Shadowform. If you want to shapeshift, go feral.

I for one think the moonkin is hideous, which is a shame because I enjoy the whole eclipse mechanic. I hate the fact that if I want to play a caster druid, I have to be a fat, ugly, derpy chicken. At least the healer druids get to see their fucking character. Feral is the only spec that makes sense to have permanent forms, because that's their thing! Balance druids are the "offensive nature spellcaster" and Restoration is the "defensive and support nature spellcaster". It has never made sense for them to shapeshift as a central aspect of their roles.
    beside i guess moonkin is the only caster dps without a single dps cd that affects main dps spells, treants are joke cuz they dont scale with gear, starfall is also not that good now like it was at the end of wotlk, also when you are in moonkin form you cant use any appearance changing items and you cant mount up, yes you have to outshift first to use the stupid mount

sooo yea, gief balance the same thing you gave to resto
    "AV frontline has less time to live than Omaha beach"

Quote Originally Posted by suttie View Post
    No way, I can finally use appearance changing items while in combat. I'd like them to make moonkin form a cd aswell.
    This
    Also its a killer in arena, pop it early pop it hard and watch your dps savagely murder the other team while you sit there and lolregrowthlol

I love the new tree, but hate the new healing style.

Why put all the effort into making a really awesome looking Tree Form which we only get to see occasionally?

Who cares about the look of it, bring back Tree of Life -FORM-.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly it makes the ToL seem so much cooler. For instance, when Iam on my pally and I pop wings, I get that feeling of,"Damn I'am awesome!" If I had wings up all the time it'd be like," Meh". Because when I had ToL up permanent thats the same exact feeling I got,"Meh". Now I just feel so much more epic poping it for a short amount of time.

Deleted
    I totally love the change in ToL game mechanic offering a great cd spell pluss giving the oppertunity to watch your shiny purples in combat. to me it makes sense not to be shapeshifted as resto and i would appreciate a change in moonkin as well. although i am totally fine with moonkin playstyle. still i would totally love if blizzard changed moonkin aura to balance aura and have the moonkin form only while eclipse procc. this way it would also help to visualize you just procced explipse as well for those that like to play standart interface.

screw tree form, give our hots back ! stupid nourish..

I'd like it as it is now. At first I was also really sad it was planned on being removed, however it will have a lot of influence on the gameplay if they change it back to normal.

First off, I LOVE tree of life, I LOVE the wrath spamming. Fact is, in most situations I use it to dps warriors in BGs :P And they DIE! ;whahaa!

2nd. They have nerfed the polymorth - so you can get poly if your not shapeshifted. This means, if your in TOR you can't be polymorphed, however if they change it, suddenly mages will (again) Q_Q on the¨wow druid forum, and we don't want that.

Blizzard even gave us back the old school tree of life, by making a glyph!! They ARE trying to make the majority here satisfied, and trust me, its impossible to satisfy everyone and all. So I'm really glad despite the shapeshift was made into a CD, in fact, I've gone resto :P and i've been feral or balance or hybrid ever since vanilla on my Main druid.

Also you should have added another option to vote in. I like the tree, but that's not supposed to mean, I like to be in TOR all the time.
    So all those people who like it as it is now, and still like the tree - where can they vote?

(my other druid is resto, but it was pure /yawn, throughout Wotlk)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlight View Post
    Honestly it makes the ToL seem so much cooler. For instance, when Iam on my pally and I pop wings, I get that feeling of,"Damn I'am awesome!" If I had wings up all the time it'd be like," Meh". Because when I had ToL up permanent thats the same exact feeling I got,"Meh". Now I just feel so much more epic poping it for a short amount of time.
    Totally agree. Its defintly the same feeling when I use wings on my priest. The new TOL just makes me feel all that more awesome.

I would like the tree with no cd but make it so that when you hit the new cd you go from the old tree form to the new one for the 1min then form back to the old one. It's a nice cd to have as you can save a raid with it if you have the speed to pop out lifeblom on every one so you get free regrowth casts. The reason most people start a Druid is so that they can get into forms and not have to see hoe fucked the gear looks on them.

Deleted
    i miss the good old treeform, i miss the bloddy dance aswell