Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question Hurricane or Power Torrent Enchant?

Just a question to my fellow mages out there.... I was wondering what would be the best Enchant for 1h weapon? Since I am a fire mage, I was thinking Power Torrent ......or Hurricane?? Any friendly advice would be appreciated , tks!!!!!

Deleted
    Only reason to pick Hurricane over Power Torrent is finances. Power Torrent is ungodly expensive right now, only remotely worth using on 359 weapons - assuming you have the cash to burn and wont get 372 one to replace it anytime soon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Idd power torrent is wat to expensive atm and hurricane is the most viable enchant for mage

Deleted
    Hurricane is crappy for mages, once you have 12,5% haste Hurricane is kind of useless,
    Use WotLK enchants rather then getting an enchant that doesn't help you with DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by jasje View Post
    Idd power torrent is wat to expensive atm and hurricane is the most viable enchant for mage
    /Agree Power Torrent is very expensive atm. So I decided to go with Hurricane until I can upgrade my wep to epic status, then I will probably save up for PT.

---------- Post added 2011-01-04 at 02:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Delusiion View Post
    Hurricane is crappy for mages, once you have 12,5% haste Hurricane is kind of useless,
    Use WotLK enchants rather then getting an enchant that doesn't help you with DPS.
    Tks for your input, but Im going to go ahead and try Hurricane and see how my dps improves, fails or doesn't change at all, haha...

For casters it has a 45 second icd with a 15% procrate according to the wowhead comments.

Assuming it procs after the ICD it's worth => 450*12/45 = 120 haste. (Note that this is the best case and it'll most likely proc later than 45 seconds)

Statweights for fire in 359 gear => 2.56 for SP and 1.12 for haste.

If you use the wotlk SP enchant you'd have 2.56*63 = 161.28
    If you use hurricane you'll get: 1.12*120 = 134.4

So even if it procs right after the ICD ends, it still ends up being worse for fire mage than SP.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Power Torrent > 63 SP > Hurricane for Fire Mages

Hurricane procrate and uptime isnt good enough.

Thank you all for the awesome input! Your answers have layed down sum clarity on my dilema! Greatly Appreciated!! =D

:O crystals are pritty easy to come by now days. dissing the alchemy trinket can get the price down a fair chunck. :P so dont be affraid to put it on your first epics

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Power Torrent > 63 SP > Hurricane for Fire Mages

Hurricane procrate and uptime isnt good enough.
    Really +63SP over Hurricane?

Quote Originally Posted by pallyballz View Post
    Really +63SP over Hurricane?
    well the maths is up there and i believe it. as stated above, if you are above 12.5% haste with buffs (and not near the next plateau) then 63sp>hurricane

85 pala (tank1); 85 DK (tank2; 85 priest (unused), 85Drood (heals); 85 lock (dps); 85 warrior (Tank3) 85 hunter ;83 Shammy (Ele/Resto);65 rogue

I put power torrent on a rare weapon and now on the first 359 weapon I got too. You guys are just poor.

ye i agre power torent ftw oki il just give you a tip how i got crystals i needed for my enchant, just play arena for points every week, u need a guild mate that doesent care about pvp and have enchanting or alt with enchanting so just play for points every week get 1300 points, save them do the same next week and the same third week, when u get 3,9 k points buy wands or 1 hand axes one cost 700 Arena points, ask ur guildmate who doesent care about pvp to buy them, then DE them and give you crystals or buy them from ur alt and de them and get crystals, 3 weeks of arena = 5 maelstrom crystals, i got them just waiting that cursed sword to drop, witch brings me to my OFFTOPIC question.

Where is that cursed "Maldo sword of kane" droping boe weapon witch is bis for mages? i know it drops on trash but witch instance?

thx

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rofl View Post
    I put power torrent on a rare weapon and now on the first 359 weapon I got too. You guys are just poor.
    *strokes rofl's e-peen*

Feels good? Now, gtfo.

OT: I have Hurricane enchant on my mage, but I'm considering dropping to for the old spellpower one as provided by the math.

Quote Originally Posted by Haldurion View Post
    *strokes rofl's e-peen*

Feels good? Now, gtfo.
    Dude. Power torrent enchants go for 6-10k on servers with good economies, and it provides a massive dps increase. People spend 20k on boe gear all the time that often provides a smaller dps increase than power torrent. Working the AH this early in the xpack returns a ton of gold easily -- picking up power torrent (and a darkmoon card) are well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirsten View Post
    Dude. Power torrent enchants go for 6-10k on servers with good economies, and it provides a massive dps increase. People spend 20k on boe gear all the time that often provides a smaller dps increase than power torrent. Working the AH this early in the xpack returns a ton of gold easily -- picking up power torrent (and a darkmoon card) are well worth it.
    That's a subjective statement. You think it's worth it, I don't think it's worth it and neither of us are right or wrong.

Hurricane is good enough for me. My Haste is low in order to meet my hit cap.

as a fire mage i put the 30 int on my Incineratus since i cant afford power torrent, seeing as int is like sex for fire mages.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusiion View Post
    Uhhh, outside of the fact that your statement makes no real sense, Hurricane is a DPS loss compared to Power Torrent only, not other enchants. Let's look at 63 spellpower shall we? 1 point of spellpower is worth 2.7381 to a Fire Mage and 1 point of haste is worth 1.5145. If you work that out, you get Hurricane valued at 181.74 and 63 SP valued at 172.50. Dunno bout you, but Hurricane looks like a larger DPS increase than 63 SP to me.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Uhhh, outside of the fact that your statement makes no real sense, Hurricane is a DPS loss compared to Power Torrent only, not other enchants. Let's look at 63 spellpower shall we? 1 point of spellpower is worth 2.7381 to a Fire Mage and 1 point of haste is worth 1.5145. If you work that out, you get Hurricane valued at 181.74 and 63 SP valued at 172.50. Dunno bout you, but Hurricane looks like a larger DPS increase than 63 SP to me.
    You used the 372 statweights. If you'd use the 359 statweights which makes more sense until you can expect to be in heroic gear, the SP enchant would be better as I posted before unless my math is horribly wrong.