Thread: Retired Mounts

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taaveti View Post
    I am already having a hard time accepting that Blizzard kept the rusted and ironbound proto-drakes available after 3.3 and the frostwurms after 4.0 as people can now /roflol these mounts at lvl 85 (no, I do not have any of the frostwurms myself as I was away from the game during those few months)
    This! On the one hand, I want those mounts myself since I didn't get far in Ulduar back in the day. On the other hand, even though the ironbound proto drakes looks awsome, they are starting to clog up Orgrimmar totally on my server and they don't feel so special anymore.

Deleted
    No thanks to the purchase of mounts, its bad enough with the game card ones lol...
    I farmed ZG relentlessly in wolk and no drops whatsoever... I did however buy the white skeletal warhorse which I think was on that list... My favourite on that list are the plagued and black protos, I'm glad they took them out as it makes them rare to see, I think they should have taken out the ulduar and icecrown mounts because the content is overpowerable now, I'm a collector of mounts, but I prefer ones that are luck based, or challenging to aquire, or just look nice... i'm not going to spend time hunting the icecrown/uduar mounts because they require considerably less effort these days and its unfair to those who did them in their correct gear days. I think they should maybe make them 1% drops from razorscale/sindragosa, 10/25 man, then they would be harder to aquire...

I think the idea of customising mounts is a good one, maybe if there were drops offered or in game or RL purchasable items of armour/gems/enchant style glows and you could take them to the pet preener to customise mane style or what have you, the only thig that has to stay the same is the basic mount model/colour...

10+ Year Old Account
    Johnny awesome would be mad.

I do not want to see people riding Amani War Bear in crap gear(unenchented and with off gemming).
    Whenever i see someone riding this mount, i know its either an Ebay or an excellent player.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can people PLEASE just let someone have something that everyone can't have? Why must everyone be able to get everything?
    Amani warbear is an "achievement" in itself and should be kept Unique, just like the swift horde wolf(or well farmable now but unique in wrath).
    It werent an easy mount to obtain, and by putting it on the wow shop makes everyone that already have it regret ever using their time to actually farm the mounts when you could.
    i would agree that they could bring the warbear back, but NOT the amani one. but something with the same model.
    I could moan about the ZG mounts to be released on wow's shop but no. i actually like seing the mounts being rare, instead of seing it everywhere i turn and i know those players have dedicated quite alot of time on farming them.

OP: Your lack of punctuation makes my eyes hurt.

And no, I don't think that they should make all of the 'extinct' mounts available again. There's something to be said for being in the right place at the right time (and being a little lucky). I know I'll always treasure my War Bear and ZG Tiger; I earned them.

Overall, I'm glad that Blizzard makes some things (mounts, titles, etc.) unobtainable after a while.... It sets certain people apart from others to show how much time and effort they put into an expansion when it was current.
    Last edited by River; 2011-01-04 at 01:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosh View Post
    swift horde wolf
    Wrong. Not optainable anymore.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

No. Some of those mounts people worked very hard for. I myself spent weeks wiping in ZA to get my Bear, I don't want some scrub who's never been in ZA and has no idea what ZA is to just BUY an Amani.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodpyre View Post
    When I heard it was being removed a druid friend and I went in on every reset for 3months
    another quote from one of your previous posts

I didn't start playing official till WoTLK
    and a quote from a bluepost

Once Wrath of the Lich King goes live, you will no longer be able to obtain the Zul'Aman bear mount by saving all 4 prisoners in the timed run.
    how could u farm the mount for 3 months if u havent start playing until wotlk?

retired mounts is the best way to understand that they are retired.
    and as this game is full of items, those retired items make your character unique. would you like it that a player can buy the bloodbathed frostwyrm after you've wiped numerous nights for it ?

however, they should add alternatives. such as a white amani bear (different name, color but same model) etc

I'd love a spectral dragon :> or a spectral undead warhorse

I think my biggest issue with this is the RMT issue that comes up, thought I am not all for it but I wouldn't obj. if they put in those as account bound mounts. I was around and was able to get a war bear on my mage, but the problem I have is I had to play my mage for the guild I was in simple because we were lacking them at the time. So I would love to see an option where they become account bound.