Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Please eat/bandage/heal between pulls !!!

Srsly, im gonna QQ alittle here.

DPS and tanks that stand around waiting for the healer to fill up on mana, then heal them up and drink again. SIT DOWN AND EAT

Vendor food is cheap and i just cant understand why everybody isnt doing their part in trying to make the runs fast and good for all in it, ive even had casters sit down to fill mana but not thinking about filling their hp´s.

i was in HoO and after asking people to try to heal up themselves before pulls without any luck i had 2 dead DPS that charged in with less then 30% health and all i got was HEALER FFS WTF!!11

Now that ive put that out there im sure all are gonna improve like crazy on this right? .... right ?

if ANYBODY decides to not take their out of combat health into their own hands before a pull, i remember what their % is and wont heal them up above that. also if a tank pulls while im drinking, i usually refuse to heal him until my mana is at full, hopefully he is good with his cooldown.

---------- Post added 2011-01-04 at 03:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dmbrandon View Post
    Better yet, stop fucking spamming your most expensive heal, and learn to control. Since the first week, our healers haven't had to sit after every pull.

If your group isn't geared enough to AoE everything yet, then make sure you guys are Ccing and being good players.

Or maybe you could stop wasting time crying on forums, and spending more time reading what GOOD healers are doing that you aren't.
    this is rude. FYI, in a random dungeon with strangers, you dont get to pick them based on IQ and have to ability to get stuck with idiots. im sorry not everyone can be totally amazing at this game like you. obviously.

Better yet, stop fucking spamming your most expensive heal, and learn to control. Since the first week, our healers haven't had to sit after every pull.

If your group isn't geared enough to AoE everything yet, then make sure you guys are Ccing and being good players.

Or maybe you could stop wasting time crying on forums, and spending more time reading what GOOD healers are doing that you aren't.
    oh, so the others not eating between pulls makes me a bad healer ... sry, my bad.

i guess ...

This doesnt help in the slightest and is plain rude.

on the OP, yea they should XD

I'm guessing this is a troll post since
    1) asserts OP is an idiot who needs to l2p
    2) putting original story in a totally different context
    3) apparently knows what makes a good player and what not

The job of the healer is to resolve unavoidable damage during combat, and to triage.
    Blue posts have stated that everyone has more responsibility for their own surivvibility, and that equally applies to out of combat as much as it does within it.
    Between combat it is the job of everyone to be responsible for their own health, ensuring they are doing their job to ensure the healer can do theirs.
    Food/drinks are cheap, levelling first aid is not difficult just tedious so there is no excuse for not doing your part.

Deleted
    I've gone so far to sell bandages to my fellow party members, you'd be suprised what an insane profit I'm making.

I completely agree with you. It kills me to see the paladin tank sitting there with 20% health while I am topping everyone off (this is me being generous) after a rough pull. Just heal yourself, I don't understand it. Also, during the time a SS is needed and on me and I use it and rez a class that can rez first (to help me, and speed up the run). But they just stand there, drink up, and watch.

If you can heal or bandage do it. If not, eat between. Healers appreciate it more than you know. It will never be the healer's fault if the group pulls with less than 100% because they refused to regen their health. With that said, yes I will help a tiny bit, but too many tanks pull right after I top everyone off for me to want to do this often. (Aka, when I'm at 60% mana)

It's all about attitude.

If you're generally nice, friendly, and making a good effort, I'll do everything I can to help you out while you learn to manage your mana (because with the group I run with, if you're that low that consistently, it's your fault). If you're being snarky, prissy, haughty, or rude in any way, shape, or form--this includes "refusing" to heal outside combat rather than simply asking/reminding us nicely to heal up with a quick "hey guys, I'm still lacking in mp5 and have to drink a lot, could you help me out by eating between pulls please?"--I won't help you. Continue your attitude and, since I'm nearly always running with two guildies with whom I'm thick as thieves, you will be kicked and we'll have another healer from LFD in about 15 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleri View Post
    It's all about attitude.

If you're generally nice, friendly, and making a good effort, I'll do everything I can to help you out while you learn to manage your mana (because with the group I run with, if you're that low that consistently, it's your fault). If you're being snarky, prissy, haughty, or rude in any way, shape, or form--this includes "refusing" to heal outside combat rather than simply asking/reminding us nicely to heal up with a quick "hey guys, I'm still lacking in mp5 and have to drink a lot, could you help me out by eating between pulls please?"--I won't help you. Continue your attitude and, since I'm nearly always running with two guildies with whom I'm thick as thieves, you will be kicked and we'll have another healer from LFD in about 15 seconds.
    While I agree with most of this, it's hard to judge for sure a person's tone just from text. I've had people misinterpret what I've said and vice-versa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment View Post
    Hakto: English is an evolving language. When I say "I am gay", some people choose to interpet that as "he defines himself as gay, gay, and nothing but the gay, so help him Robot Unicorn Attack".

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    The job of the healer is to resolve unavoidable damage during combat, and to triage.
    Blue posts have stated that everyone has more responsibility for their own surivvibility, and that equally applies to out of combat as much as it does within it.
    Between combat it is the job of everyone to be responsible for their own health, ensuring they are doing their job to ensure the healer can do theirs.
    Food/drinks are cheap, levelling first aid is not difficult just tedious so there is no excuse for not doing your part.
    I'm a tailor. Screw that. I need like 1400 stacks of embersilk for my tailoring. After that, I go through 10 stacks a week. 10-20 stacks of embersilk isn't cheap, and to me is far more useful going towards gear. I'm a warlock though so I'll just life tap and Harvest. :P

Food is not cheap, as hunter I need to spend almost as double food as you do. If I get food from mage I will eat but that is rare occasion since mages are most of time selfish bitches. Even portalas on my realm costs now 35g and you have to ask around for 10 min to get one mage to make you a portal. And no I'm on medium-high populated realm. Wanna get a food in dungeon or BG? Heck one mage once asked us to pay him 5g each of us for table...
    At the end I pag 5-6g for 5 food that heals me for 90k+ over 30s. I usualy need one stack of it for me and at least 5 for my pet to keep it happy and sometimes to make it happy after rezz (sometimes I need to sacrifice it coz there is no time to dismiss it but I need instant FD). Now add on this repair costs for wiping...
    If you play healer just get 4 stacks of food from mage. They will gladly sell u those stacks for cheaper than vendor

Quote Originally Posted by Amaranth View Post
    While I agree with most of this, it's hard to judge for sure a person's tone just from text. I've had people misinterpret what I've said and vice-versa.
    Oh sure, I get people misinterpreting me all the time. I don't know, someone called me out for being a bitch once because I used a period at the end of a sentence like "Please put that pet away during raids." /shrug.

Still, in the end it really IS all about attitude. People will go a lot farther to help someone out when they're being nice than they will when they're being a demanding little princess.

---------- Post added 2011-01-04 at 04:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Numeanor View Post
    At the end I pag 5-6g for 5 food that heals me for 90k+ over 30s. I usualy need one stack of it for me and at least 5 for my pet to keep it happy and sometimes to make it happy after rezz
    I think you're probably the only hunter in the game over level 25 not using the Glyph of Mend Pet. Look into it. We only have three decent minors anyway; not sure what else you'd be using.

Wanna get a food in dungeon or BG? Heck one mage once asked us to pay him 5g each of us for table...
    That's why there is a vote kick option. I think you're just being rude to the mage. Every dungeon I have entered I say <magename> can you please drop a table. Only one has refused to do it and he vote kicked. If mages don't drop tables they deserve to be kicked after 20mins into a heroic and wait another 30mins to get the dps queue for another group.

As my main is not a healer maybe I dont have to deal with it as much. I do have a healer and when Im healing a heroic, in my opinion I would rather heal peeps up and drink real fast as to make everyone in the group eat if needed. I dont have a big mana issue but as I stated before healing is not my main so who knows maybe I would see if different if I healed all the time.

It got nothing to do with being a good or bad healer, even if you manage to save ur mana druring trash pulls. Its always nice to actually get around 90-100% mana for the next pull, because you never know what might happen, suddenly there comes some extra mobs or what ever.
    If people just used what they could, it would be so much easier. Like, I still see warlocks lifetapping to around 10%, and then expecting me to heal them up again, even tho they got Soul Harvest, and Paladins is it really that hard to use Word of Glory and Holy Radiance from time to time? You wont really lose that much dmg in doing it. Draenei's got their gift they can use.
    And whats the use in lvling First Aid, if you wont use it?

Ive stopped healing people up after combat, because why should I spend my gold in buying food/drink, and the dps/tank is just sitting there waiting for me to heal. And it ends up with the dungeons taking more time than they actually should.
    Tho, last night while we were doing SFK hc, there was 3 dps pugs with us, the lock used both Soul Harvest and First Aid to heal himself during boss fights, and inbetween fights. And the Balance druid used Tranq and stuff like that.
    Just love to see that people are finally learning how things work, and that you actually have to do something yourself to stay alive.

I totally agree its alot about the attitude, and i do try to ask people nicely to do things.

but sometimes in a lfg grp i find it hard to write in /p , Mostly cuz i dont write so fast and english is not my native language so i sometimes have to concentrate to much on it.
    and then they pull hehe, i wish LFG teamspeak would be normal instead of all this writing :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Certin View Post
    I totally agree its alot about the attitude, and i do try to ask people nicely to do things.

but sometimes in a lfg grp i find it hard to write in /p , Mostly cuz i dont write so fast and english is not my native language so i sometimes have to concentrate to much on it.
    and then they pull hehe, i wish LFG teamspeak would be normal instead of all this writing :P
    Oh god no, no LFG teamspeak XD
    Think of all the languages you will hear on the European servers, the swearing and cussing and you have no idea of what they are saying. It would only cause more aggravation than there already is.

People will learn eventually (even those in random dungeons) that they have to mind their DPS and CC to take some strain off the healer. It should be enough for you to keep DPS at at least 30% health during a fight while keeping yourself and the tank up at a higher percentage.
    Tank first, then you, then DPS; universal rule for healing here.

Outside of combat, I refuse to heal people who are below 30% and stare all dumb at me while I am drinking mana to be ready for the next pull. Those people do not deserve to drain the mana I need to keep everyone up and going in a fight nor to empty my pocket of gold that I have been spending on drinks.
    I usually throw a low cost heal at someone when they aren't at a 100% health yet and the tank is pulling, but jerks hardly get my attention. They'll learn eventually, unless they enjoy the torture of getting vote kicked all the time for their childish behaviour.
    If they don't listen to the pleas of 'please eat/drink/bandage out of combat, then the result of their stubbornness is a repair bill and perhaps a vote kick.

You will just have to clench your teeth and deal with the people who have not grasped the way dungeons go in Cataclysm; it will calm down eventually. For your language and time problem, write a /macro to remind people to eat/drink/bandage.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    I'm a tailor. Screw that. I need like 1400 stacks of embersilk for my tailoring. After that, I go through 10 stacks a week. 10-20 stacks of embersilk isn't cheap, and to me is far more useful going towards gear. I'm a warlock though so I'll just life tap and Harvest. :P
    I am a tailor.
    I am currently at 515 (just this morning) and I bothered to level first aid and create my own.
    So can you.

Actually I'm going to life tap between pulls
    And if there's ever some time for that I'll soul harvest my life to full again, but that's quite rare
    This was what I thought about Locktanking before Scumbag Greg took it away

Envý - Kult der Schattenflamme