Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Dark Simulacrum - PVE Uses?

As we used to have the AMS and AotD thread suggesting uses for them, has anyone found any cunning uses of DarkSim in dungeons or raids?

There's a spell in SFK that removes 40% health and 40% armor that can be snatched from trash and beused on Commander Springvale. I still believe it works.

It seems a bit useless to me so far in PvE. There are a lot of fireballs and shadowbolts and stuff you can steal, but none of them seem to hit hard enough to be worth the 40RP cost, as far as I can see.

One cool thing I guess is in Vortex Pinnacle, you can DS the heals that those annoying mobs at the end do. It heals for quite a lot so good in a pinch if your party is struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Siton View Post
    There's a spell in SFK that removes 40% health and 40% armor that can be snatched from trash and beused on Commander Springvale. I still believe it works.
    i highly doubt this is possible anymore as the tooltip for Dark Simulacrum says it only absorbs some harmful spells in PvE. So at the most, its an additional AMS if/when you need it.

Deleted
    Harmfull spells does not mean that it has to deal damage, it can also steal debuffs.

For instance you can steal "Curse of Mending" at one of the drakes in Blackwing Descent, and yes it does work. cause i did it yesterday

Deleted
    Shadow corruption for the end boss in BRC he will always cast it after he jumps to one of his clones. Its a nice 8k per tick dot.

I stopped using it in PvE because a lot of times when I steal a spell it hits for something really small like 12 damage. I have accepted that the few times it is worthwhile are never a huge issue or boost so I am just not going to bother figuring out what works and what doesn't because there does not seem to be any consistency to it. Steal a lightning bolt from mob A and it hits for 20k, steal the same spell from mob B and it hits for 20. The springvale trick sounds interesting though, but I think stuff like that will eventually get hotfixed away as it trivializes content.

Also, to the poster who says it is like another AMS, it is not. You do not absorb the spell you just copy it, so it still hits you.

I know it works on Lady Naz'jar trash + adds during the encounter. Chain lightning can hit for a good 60k

Holy Fire by Defias Envokers. Can crit for a solid 90k or so last I did it.

Quote Originally Posted by zabraba View Post
    Holy Fire by Defias Envokers. Can crit for a solid 90k or so last I did it.
    Stealing that is just awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    i highly doubt this is possible anymore as the tooltip for Dark Simulacrum says it only absorbs some harmful spells in PvE. So at the most, its an additional AMS if/when you need it.
    Additional ams for your tank yeah. I would like to see the numbers on how it works in reducing the dmg.

Deleted
    Ironically, I've found Nercotic Strike to be much more useful than Simulacrum in PvE environment, although at first I thought the latter to be the one more oriented towards PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    It's not really an AMS. You still get hit with the spell; so no avoiding/absorbing the damage.
    What does Essence of the Blood Queen do? What should you do if you have it?
    Make you sparkle in the sun and gives you super strength, also changes your name to <insert name> Cullen. Bite someone.

Deleted
    alot of spells i steal with it hit like 4k on me for example, but when i cast it, the spell hits 40, so ive stopped using it in pve mostly

10+ Year Old Account
    I've noted few spells that are useful. Since most of them use in-game mechanics and damage scales with spellpower or something, DKs stealing shadow-bolts and fireballs really don't do much. Mobs that cast lightning as an ability with no mana are even worse, and almost nothing can be stolen from bosses.

IME, it's fun if your group is awesome, but with all the CC an interrupts being demanded these days, it rarely has any use.

How long are you able to use the spell you steal?

Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    How long are you able to use the spell you steal?
    20 seconds. An icon will appear on your buff bar stating that your 'Runeblade contains stolen energies'... something along those lines. Icon is a purple something... think the old Dirge talent.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    alot of spells i steal with it hit like 4k on me for example, but when i cast it, the spell hits 40, so ive stopped using it in pve mostly
    There are certain abilities that do a lot, the holy fire in H Deadmines do a shit ton, like 40k non crit and have a nasty damage over time, however as you said Ive seen many abilities that do shit all for damage after you copy.
    Smile

The holy fire from the Envokers in Deadmines hits for 90k if you steal it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuunhym View Post
    The holy fire from the Envokers in Deadmines hits for 90k if you steal it.
    the npc casts is so slow thats its almost always interrupted by someone