Thread: Mage vs Ozruk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansow View Post
    Holy Paladins are unlikely to run with Seal of Truth on.
    Judgment counts as a melee attack and should give you the bleed dot. Problem solved.

Also, never, ever spellsteal/purge the buff on the boss. I am a healer, sometimes right when the buff goes up I had to heal the tank. I cannot even begin to count the number of times I've been unable to dot myself because some purge happy shaman just had to remove the buff. Luckily, for most of those I have slammers, but still x.x

Quote Originally Posted by NoxSSDK View Post
    There are some bosses like Ozruk were i believe they use there "spells" to much, And you just stand there bored for 90% of the fight. They should increase the time between then the reflects. Other then that, i dont think you have any real need to dot yourself to remove stun unless your the healer.
    There is a great reason for all DPS to put a small DoT on themselves; if the healer fails to get out of the Paralyze and cleanse, each person Paralyzed takes 50,000 damage when it wears off. Much more expensive to heal that for the 6 - 10 times you'll be paralyzed during that fight than the small amount of damage you take from your own DoT. Just be aware and don't choose a DoT that will damage anyone else. For me, as the tank, I just put Blood Plague on him.

I just cast Living Bomb once when the shield is up, I then check if the healer has a DoT on him and then quickly spellsteal so casters can keep DPSing. I can´t understand the fuzz about that fight on that perspective. NOW if you wanna talk about the tanks who insist on keep dying on that Shatter part, then yes, I start getting fed up with that encounter aswell

Flame shock, insect swarm, devouring plague, and judgements proc the bleed. All healers have ways to break themselves out of paralysis. Aside from an errant dispel removing the magic reflect, the healer should always be up and able to cleanse paralysis. Of course, only hunters have any excuse for having paralysis.

What's annoying about the fight is that sometimes Ozruk gets out of order and uses paralysis without having cast spell reflect at all. But in this case, PvP trinket and human racial work. Pvp trinket is definitely the best trinket to use for this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Meonerg View Post
    I just cast Living Bomb once when the shield is up, I then check if the healer has a DoT on him and then quickly spellsteal so casters can keep DPSing.
    I'll do that from now on.

Most groups I ran stonecore with have been pretty paranoid about the shield and the spell reflecting. From now on I'll just tell them that they have 5 seconds, after that I steal the shield and continue to do some actual damage.
    Ecce homo ergo elk