Tankadin DPS lower?

I've noticed my paladin dps has become lower, only 1-2 weeks ago I was sitting around 8-11k and now I'm at 4-8k.

I'm using the same rotation.
    I've only switched 2 pieces of gear.

Has something been patched without me noticing or do I have to stack some more "threat"-related gems/enchants instead of survivability?

I don't want to answer a question with a question but, are u still holding aggro?

If u wanted that high of dps play a dps class.

I have a pally tank/dps both with ilvl of 349. When i'm tanking i do 5-6k and have no troubles keeping aggro. When i dps with my pally, 8-9k, have a war or druid tank they seem to be around that. I've seen a couple as high as 12k but generally around 8-10k is what i'm finding.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed my DPS has gone down when I'm tanking as well, but my threat is the same. /shrug

How much as you healing yourself with WoG versus hitting with SotR?

It's becouse of HC's and CC, have the same on my tankadin. I still do 10K on normals while steamrushing the place down, but when it comes to HC's it lowers to 5k dps.

Quote Originally Posted by s0lipsist View Post
    I don't want to answer a question with a question but, are u still holding aggro?

If u wanted that high of dps play a dps class.

I have a pally tank/dps both with ilvl of 349. When i'm tanking i do 5-6k and have no troubles keeping aggro. When i dps with my pally, 8-9k, have a war or druid tank they seem to be around that. I've seen a couple as high as 12k but generally around 8-10k is what i'm finding.
    Well, the thing is I can hold aggro but the first 10 seconds if people do a lot of dps there are cases I lose it but that doesn't happen often, ofcourse if I'd wanted to play a dps-role I would've picked one but I'm only worried because people are getting better gear and thus will become harder to keep aggro from, so I was thinking of giving up some survivability enchants/gems or gear even to balance it all out.

But not really sure if I should though.

Quote Originally Posted by Phabulous View Post
    I've noticed my DPS has gone down when I'm tanking as well, but my threat is the same. /shrug

How much as you healing yourself with WoG versus hitting with SotR?
    I've always healed myself or others to survive and yet I did around 8k dps before so it's kind of weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, are you hit and expertise capped? That'll do alot for your threat and DPS.
    I didn't focus as much on threat stats as avoidance when I began heroic tanking, but now that the gear curve is evening out and healers aren't having drastic mana problems, I'm shifting more into threat for balance.

it's because of your vengeance talent partially, you have slightly more avoidance now, therefore vengeance doesn't stack as high, this talent was put in place to make sure you keep threat when dps is getting higher, but simple fact is when mobs die faster now vengeance has less time to stack up

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maiku View Post
    Well, the thing is I can hold aggro but the first 10 seconds if people do a lot of dps there are cases I lose it but that doesn't happen often, ofcourse if I'd wanted to play a dps-role I would've picked one but I'm only worried because people are getting better gear and thus will become harder to keep aggro from, so I was thinking of giving up some survivability enchants/gems or gear even to balance it all out.

But not really sure if I should though.

I've always healed myself or others to survive and yet I did around 8k dps before so it's kind of weird.
    You should never switch out tanking gear for DPS gear - It's just not worth it, not for you nor your healers mana.
    Holding aggro for a Paladin is no problem at all - if you have problem with the initializing threath just pop CD's like this: Wings - AS - Diving Plea - SotR and you will have aggro enough for a mage or warlock to burn a 20k dps burst..
    Other then that, I don't like that palas almost need 9.5 sec to build up a stable threath.. well well.
    Also, I havn't noticed any change in my dps.. done about 7k all the time.
    7-11 never stop

Quote Originally Posted by Sonoka View Post
    You should never switch out tanking gear for DPS gear - It's just not worth it, not for you nor your healers mana.
    Holding aggro for a Paladin is no problem at all - if you have problem with the initializing threath just pop CD's like this: Wings - AS - Diving Plea - SotR and you will have aggro enough for a mage or warlock to burn a 20k dps burst..
    Other then that, I don't like that palas almost need 9.5 sec to build up a stable threath.. well well.
    Also, I havn't noticed any change in my dps.. done about 7k all the time.
    Holding aggro on trash isn't that hard but sometimes on bosses I need to pop some cooldowns early on to keep aggro away from those pesky casters, but that wasn't really the problem for me, the thing is that my dps is around 50% lower than it was before and ofcourse something like that is noticable but I'm wondering if Blizzard changed something or that it's due to the fact my gear has a few new pieces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonoka View Post
    if you have problem with the initializing threath just pop CD's like this: Wings - AS - Diving Plea - SotR and you will have aggro enough for a mage or warlock to burn a 20k dps burst..
    I'd toss a casted Exo in between Wings and AS if it's a boss just for the extra threat. It gives you a really nice cushion.

could vengence be coming into play? You get better gear and you are taking less damage so it can't tick as high thus less dps showing?