Heirloom bug/exploit

I have just made an worgen druid alt and sent him some heirlooms. To my surprise as i picked them up from mail i saw that they have them blue letters saying i have 2hrs to sell em back for refund.

Now i imagine it wouldnt be too hard to get to Stormwind in them 2 hours then get a dalaran portal and switch them for some other heirlooms.

Basicly this way you only need to ever buy one set of heirlooms and simply change them whenever you decide to roll an alt which needs different type of heriloom.

I didnt try selling them yet since im still at sub 10 lvl worgen zone but i wonder has anyone done this?

---------- Post added 2011-01-04 at 02:59 PM ----------

By the way these herilooms are not new, i bought them waaaay back and already lvled 2 different alts with them

so you could be a lvl 2 guy with jp cap ?

:P

all heirloom are possible of this, not that I'd abuse it or anything.
    considering its easy as hell to get Jp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weird. Every time I send heirlooms by mail, I get the "you can't refund these anymore if you do this" message as I place them in the mail slot.
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

Deleted
    i'd send them back to my main and see if he/she could sell them for JP they are tons worth now.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The "Sell-back" text appeared for me to when I made my hunter, didn't try to sell them back - but you CAN sell ANY item bought with JP / CP / HP / CP - TO ANY VENDOR. I might aswell try it when I get home, but it's most likly an UI bug and not doable.. otherwise I expect some major exploits being made already.. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Tehfred View Post
    Weird. Every time I send heirlooms by mail, I get the "you can't refund these anymore if you do this" message as I place them in the mail slot.
    He is most likly talking about items he had before Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    all heirloom are possible of this, not that I'd abuse it or anything.
    considering its easy as hell to get Jp.
    Yeah, easy to get JP cap on a level 1 alt.
    Last edited by Sonoka; 2011-01-04 at 02:12 PM.
    7-11 never stop

Probably just an UI/Text bug.

You get that 2hr thingy when you pick em up from the mail, but you cant sell them back.
    I had to try and sell them when i sent some to my alt and saw that 2hr thingy

Actually when you try selling said heirlooms it won't let you.
    "Sorry, can't refund that item." is the error you'll receive.

The tooltip showing that there is a timer for a refund is the bug.

Deleted
    well mine don't say that after i've sent them to an alt and i got some heirlooms yesterday so~