Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux View Post
    dl.dropbox.com/u/16123728/Pictures/WoWScrnShot_122410_041629C.jpg
    <3 LUI

Could someone tell me how to get the top blue bar thingy?. Also, how do you get that cool looking panel at the right hand side of the screen?
    I use kgpanels but all my panels are square XD.

to the OP: Your UI looks fine. I think some addons are nice to have but not a necessity, they make some things easier, but if you perform well without them, I don't see why they shouldn't take you.

Edit: had to edit quote, wouldn't allow to post links

I'd take you, your UI is fine. Adds only fill up space IMO. There are helpful ones, just don't think you need all of them.
    Oh, and BTW, get some new bags! Pumpkin bags are to small

Quote Originally Posted by Nexxia View Post
    Not sure what this means, but we used to play this game without add ons at all. So I guess if you mean playing without add ons isnt going to happen, it already did.
    Let me help you...never going to happen. Blizzard is never going to disable the use of all addons as the OP is requesting with his thread title. That's what he means.

And sure, we did...in the beginning...for like a week...?

Quote Originally Posted by Fleetfox View Post
    Download expected addons really quick
    Take pretty screenshot
    Uninstall addons
    ???
    Profit
    This exactly is what I do.

They are called add-ons for a reason, this isn't a pissing contest about who can do what without [insert add-on here]. Fact of the matter is, those who really care about optimizing their raid performance, in whatever form that may be, can use addons to get the most information about the encounter as possible. Those who don't, will continue to be happy with just getting by. Kinda like that whole "Flair" chat in Office Space. You COULD have the bare minimum to get by, buttttttt......... lol

15+ Year Old Account
    i can't take anyone seriously as a raider if they don't have Recount. one reason: you can't gauge your own performance or others. by doing this you learn benchmarks and tendencies a lot faster. what i mean is Recount better helps you understand what you need to improve on.

without it, you're basically blind to any type of class changes, dps sims or gear changes. i would decline a non recount user unless they could show parses or screens of something.

Quote Originally Posted by thepreacher View Post
    Let me help you...never going to happen. Blizzard is never going to disable the use of all addons as the OP is requesting with his thread title. That's what he means.

And sure, we did...in the beginning...for like a week...?
    I think he was just calling into question the usefulness at this point of alot of the add ons people have become used to using, not asking blizz to break all add ons.

For the guy and the sunder timer, I dont even play warrior and know theres a countdown on boss debuffs frame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this guy trolling? I'm not sure how to respond to this. I'm thinking there's more to the issue than simple "my UI is too clean" drama.

I think he was just calling into question the usefulness at this point of alot of the add ons people have become used to using, not asking blizz to break all add ons.
    The thread title is "Remove all addons"

That's what the guy that you responded to was responding to. Is the thread title and the subject matter slightly at odds? Yes.

Not sure what this means, but we used to play this game without add ons at all. So I guess if you mean playing without add ons isnt going to happen, it already did.
    Hes directly responding to the threads name. I have no idea where you pulled "So I guess if you mean playing without add ons isnt going to happen, it already did." from. Playing without addons can be a disadvantage not huge though. However sometimes just setting up a UI yourself shows at least some dedication and i understand why a guild would want to judge stranger apps on that.
    Also OP if you cared that much about relm firsts you should have rolled a orc.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    i can't take anyone seriously as a raider if they don't have Recount. one reason: you can't gauge your own performance or others. by doing this you learn benchmarks and tendencies a lot faster. what i mean is Recount better helps you understand what you need to improve on.

without it, you're basically blind to any type of class changes, dps sims or gear changes. i would decline a non recount user unless they could show parses or screens of something.
    I thought class changes were in patch notes and all over the web. Besides being debated into the ground on forums, all the gear info is available via the internet. The only thing you mentioned that is in game only is the amount of dps, interrupts etc, enabling you to look at them after the fact. If someone is doing their job what is the need for this. I have Skada, but its frequently distracting. People get in DPS battles and die to mechanics. Thats always funny.

Well, most people didn't catch the post where he said "I installed these AFTER getting declined a bunch"... So he didn't have all the stuff shown in the screenshot he posted when apping to those guilds.

I seriously doubt your UI being too clean was the main reason you were being declined.

Situational awareness is a major part of raiding and if you can't demonstrate that you care what's going on around you (through addons or whatever) then they'll feel less inclined to care about taking you. If you didn't have Omen and DBM, or something similar, there's no reason for them to think you're anything other than a tunnel-vision button-smasher. Addons may not be necessary to perform, but if you apply with nothing but recount...well...it's pretty obvious where your priorities lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowreach View Post
    Is this guy trolling? I'm not sure how to respond to this. I'm thinking there's more to the issue than simple "my UI is too clean" drama.
    Concidering I'm 100% new character, 100% new to the server and the only friends I really have in-game are 2 pals I havent seen in ages on real- ID(So no one knows who I am or who I was)
    No bad reputation
    I've also been declined for not having any wotlk experience, but not nearly as much as said issue

You don't *need* addons in the same way you don't *need* cleats to play football. It's the same way with clicking. Sure, you can play fine without them, but why gimp yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Aestis View Post
    You don't *need* addons in the same way you don't *need* cleats to play football. It's the same way with clicking. Sure, you can play fine without them, but why gimp yourself?
    I believe cleats or whatever they are would be equated to a built in blizz NECESSARY function. Gimping yourself would be the removal of built in functions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Omen is definitely not a must-have anymore. The default unit frames put a percentage box right on the boss info box. It works great and I removed Omen from my add-ons a while ago because of this. Omen should only really be necessary if you don't use the default unit frames and the ones you replaced it with have no threat indicator.

DBM is a nice tool still, but far from necessary any more. With the cast bars and emotes bombarding your screen, the only thing DBM is good for is prepping for incoming abilities with the cool-down bars for the encounter.

In my opinion, there are hardly any add-ons that are required anymore. I use Droodfocus for my cool-down watching, I keep Recount minimized until after a fight, and I love Bartender4 and Arkinventory just for customization reasons. WotLK really emphasized add-ons and you could barely survive without them, but now you get the same mileage with or without them in most cases.

As for the OP's UI, it looks fine to me and I see no reason to keep you from a guild because of it. Of course, it may not be just your UI that's keeping you from retaining guild membership and the UI has become the scapegoat.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    If you didn't have Omen and DBM, or something similar, there's no reason for them to think you're anything other than a tunnel-vision button-smasher. e.

Can you elaborate?
    How does addons making you more aware of your enviroment?
    I'm asking because it'd be great to know, because I'm still not convinced addons would make me perform so much better

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggah View Post
    Can you elaborate?
    How does addons making you more aware of your enviroment?
    I'm asking because it'd be great to know, because I'm still not convinced addons would make me perform so much better
    I think DBM encourages tunneling more than not having it, you become so dependant on it that its all your watching, sometimes its not in synch, or errors also. That can cause a wipe when if you were actually watching the game instead of an add on that wouldnt happen.

How can a UI be "too" clear?
    The less shit you have flying at you, the more you can actually focus on whats going on.
    Biggest UI mod i've ever used was Titanbar in Vanilla and the Aspect Bar for my Hunter, and I've never had any problems whatsoever.
    I see how a lot of these mods CAN help a player do better, but only if they actually want it.
    Personally. things like power auras and CD counters distract me more than help.. Getting used to waiting 12seconds before you can use an ability again just seems much easier for me than getting used to reacting to a big flashy animation that also does some sort of ZING noise or whatever.

Christ.. I cant even stand using bagmods..
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines) :-(