Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Contacting the CEO of Blizzard Mike Morhaime

I will be contacting the CEO of Blizzard Mike Morhaime in a bold statement to voice my concerns over the harsh and unfair treatment of retribution paladins and the poor slack and lazy work that has gone into the building of the retribution paladin. I mean not only have we been nerfed into oblivion, while other classes remain clearly overpowered, but we also have no pvp boots, and now yet another nerf in that righteous fury is no longer a dispellable buff, this is just going too far. I have his email address and will be contacting him directly, if you want me to add anything of any value to the email, plz post here. I have also noticed a few grammatical errors and spellings in the paladin retribution tree which underlines the fact that the developers were lazy.

Many thanks.

While a little over-the-top here, I do agree that Ret has serious problems, in the sense that it has absolutely no function in a pvp context.

Although to be fair, are we really totally sure the Righteous Fury change has to do with pvp? My first thought when I saw the blue post was the annoying warlock pet in Grim Batol that purges Righteous Fury from pally tanks.

While I support you, I doubt anything meaningful will come of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does Morhaime have influence on class changes?

If he does, fair enough.

If he doesn't, the only impact you may have (if you are REALLY) lucky, is for him to kick the class team into shape. I highly doubt that would happen. But best of luck anyways.

15+ Year Old Account

Hehe, yeah, but seriously, do you really think contacting the CEO will work? I mean, how deeply involved can Mike Morhaime be in the games his company pushes out anyway. He's probably busy doing CEO stuff.. like having lunch with Bobby Kotic.

Impetus Norvegicus
    Norwegian Empire Community
    Søker etter flere norsktalende spillere
    Guild forum | Guild HQ

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has a lot going on. Maybe if they were a 10-person startup, your intended approach would be effective. In this case, contacting the CEO of the company regarding a very specific complaint about a very specific product will result in your complaint being completely disregarded. Try contacting the WoW class team instead, since, you know, they might actually have a reason to give a fuck. Do you know what a CEO does?

Deleted
    Happens all the time in huge companies, the big guys up top are not often aware of what their employees are doing. It takes someone to actually tell them, and in this case we have to be honest with how unfair things are, I would not mind if the nerfs had made us even 10% less powerful than other classes but we are talking about a huge gulf in capabilites and I think it is only fair someone says something because I no longer enjoy the playing the character I spent 5 years playing.

Hehe, yeah. Some peeps sent letters to Bill Gates about Vista. They probably got filed with the others in the trash bin by the janitors.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkingpala View Post
    I will be contacting the CEO of Blizzard Mike Morhaime in a bold statement to voice my concerns over the harsh and unfair treatment of retribution paladins and the poor slack and lazy work that has gone into the building of the retribution paladin. I mean not only have we been nerfed into oblivion, while other classes remain clearly overpowered, but we also have no pvp boots, and now yet another nerf in that righteous fury is no longer a dispellable buff, this is just going too far. I have his email address and will be contacting him directly, if you want me to add anything of any value to the email, plz post here. I have also noticed a few grammatical errors and spellings in the paladin retribution tree which underlines the fact that the developers were lazy.

Many thanks.
    HAHAHA! This made my day.
    You think you just 'contact a CEO' of such a large company? And that he actually cares about your opinion?

I call troll on this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I never said Ret was faceroll, I said your bitching is a mirror image to that entire community's attitude. You'd fit in well over there.
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwine77 View Post
    I'd never send death threats, because it is just a game.

However, if I ever met the guy at Blizzard responsible for murlocs ... I think I'd slug him. Just one hard punch to the face ... while yelling WHARBLGARBLGARBLGARBLGARBL!!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have two things to say...

First, paladins are fine, maybe little bit too good..

Second, you are a troll.

Uhhhhhhhh, nothings wrong with Ret Pallies?
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

Good luck with the email, I hope whichever intern that he has to check any publicly available email address you may have will get a nice chuckle before hitting the delete button.

Also, you are wasting your time, they already said ret was low and will be updated soon (along with nerfs to other classes).

Quote Originally Posted by sinkingpala View Post
    Happens all the time in huge companies, the big guys up top are not often aware of what their employees are doing. It takes someone to actually tell them, and in this case we have to be honest with how unfair things are, I would not mind if the nerfs had made us even 10% less powerful than other classes but we are talking about a huge gulf in capabilites and I think it is only fair someone says something because I no longer enjoy the playing the character I spent 5 years playing.
    You honestly think that Mike Morhaime has no clue what they're doing with WoW? I mean seriously? They have priorities on what needs to be done, and while rets do need to be buffed it's not as high as others on the priority list because they're still viable in raids.

Because a class has never been under-powered and had to deal with it before.

Pretty sad that you're only whining when something's wrong with YOUR class.

Yes please, add "GZ on Cataclysm! u did a great job! Ok, the game needs some balancing, but i am sure it will come out eventually, also, pls let cry babies paladins to their lake of tears.. they deserve it, they were OP in Wotlk for more than 6 months, let them feel the pain of PVP before u buff them again. Actually they dont need a buff, u buffed them enouph, in PVE they do very good damage, and they do have bubbles, and self healing, and and and... Do something with warriors PVP, its insane dmg and self healing.. also, for crying out loud, pls give warlocks a good defensive spell, not a CC ability that anyone can dispell/trinket, but something that immunizes (or gives 100% avoidance) like many classes have.."

I also fail to understand why # Righteous Fury is now unable to be dispelled. is a nerf, sounds like a buff to me..
    Got a Warlock as a main, a Druid and a DK at 80 as alts and lvling a Rogue..

"You are only as good player, as the guild you are into"

10+ Year Old Account
    Time to write forum post: 2minutes
    time to write email: 30 minutes
    Total time recipient spent reading email(including time taken to hit delete button): 2seconds
    Fear makes the wolf bigger than he is, and I am the wolf that hunts you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dalaran, hiding whoopie cushions under Rhonin's chair.
    Hold on... let me find my /care macro...

Seriously? You're so frustrated with the Paladin class you're going to just complain and bitch instead of trying to find some sense of good in it? Christ, at the very least, just make a Goblin or Worgen or something and wait it out until Blizzard decides to give your lazer eyes of Wrath back.
    Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and for thy possession, the ends of the earth. Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron. Thou shalt dash them in pieces, like a potter's vessel. Be wise now therefore ye kings. Be admonished ye judges of the earth. Serve the lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the son lest he be angry, and ye perish in the way, though his wrath be kindled but a little.

Unfortunately the C.E.O. probably doesn't know what a retribution paladin is. I hope your letter reaches someone that does and you get the help you require.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by v1sper View Post

this.

also, you rets deserve this treatment after spending wrath spamming a castrandom macro.

too bad more people don't do this.
    Maybe they would fire that clown gc