Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    So many angry HoN players. Probably just mad they wasted $30.
    For relaxing times, make it Suntory time.

Quote Originally Posted by PhailPally View Post
    HoN has immature staff who don't take anything serious.
    Graphics does not mean better, in this case they tried too hard to rip off WC3 style.
    More Dynamic? how...
    LoL players can reconnect, but you are too ignorant to know that.
    Players can reconnect in HoN too, but aslong it is within 5 minutes after the DC, as where 5 minutes without EXP or the extra gold from creeps would make most heroes not being able to get into the game again.

HoN>LoL IMO
    Last edited by Sunix; 2011-01-06 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Spelling

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmozz View Post
    LoL is so bad.

Hon is so much better that it's not even funny.

How can a game be taken seriously with no denying?
    So you don't take wow seriously?
    And btw explain why it's bad.

Deleted
    I've played LoL since beta both on US and EU servers and i love the game! I were an old DotA-player myself, and having a breath of fresh air is nothing but awesome. Alot is different, but it's in a good and interesting way. I still play the old DotA and i also play HoN, looking very much forward to see what DotA II will bring to the table.
    People always seem to hate LoL and love HoN or the other way around. I love both games and play them whenever i feel like it and i play WoW too. You should never restrict yourself to one game just because the herd does.

LoL is a great way to waste time when WoW is down. Would I cancel my WoW for it? Hell no. Though I do know of someone who quit WoW because he was too addicted to it, then started playing LoL and is currently addicted to it (level 1 to 30 in ~4 days).

What are all these hon noobs crying about no denying in LoL for.

There is quite a few ways u can deny the opponent experience that take alot more skill then choosing a roflmaou ranged hero and last hitting a few creeps.

Advanced Zone Control, coordinated ganks on specific champs, jungle their side of the map (this forces everyone in a lane to be able to earn exp thus splitting it)

Gold deny works in the same fashion and if you have enough pressure built up you can even park your champ between them and the creeps resulting in no exp and no gold for them QQ

HoN'ers need to come up with a different reason for hating on LoL just because it's harder to do does in no means mean it does not exist if their brains cannot grasp these simple concepts well then they better stick to HoN and play ranged

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I tried it out, wasn't very good at it though. That was time I played that type of game, the levels seemed like they took forever to gain also. It was very entertaining, this is why I'm looking forward to DotA 2.

Deleted
    Love LoL, also considering cancelling my wow subscription for it.

Reason is because there's so much that needs to be done on wow to get anywhere and I'm pretty lazy, getting worse. On LoL you can fire up a game, win or lose, get your points, then buy runes/champions and go again. Also free is a bonus though I buy riot points to show a little support.

EU servers been trashy today which I'm not pleased about.

I havnt played LoL or DotA, but now i have HoN i don't want to try them. Ive seen videos of both and they dont seem better in my opinion. But that is it, its all down to opinion

People hate on LoL because it's akin to babby's first DotA. It's full of people who don't know how to play DotA style games, the people who you find playing casual mode in HoN.

In WoW terms, people who want free epics from heroics or people who started playing in WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by electrikfuzz View Post
    People hate on LoL because it's akin to babby's first DotA. It's full of people who don't know how to play DotA style games, the people who you find playing casual mode in HoN.

In WoW terms, people who want free epics from heroics or people who started playing in WotLK.
    Hey look, a broad generalization.

I raided content throughout BC and wrath, I'm in college, I started with DotA, and have played both HoN and LoL. I still prefer LoL more.
    "Imagine coming across a mentally disabled person who was not only drunk, high, but had a full frontal lobotomy leaving little to no intelligence left in their body.

He would be NORMAL, compared to me."

LoL is one of the best free games I've ever played and has stolen many a night from wow.

That said, I spend way too much money on a free game lol.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well
    HoN vs LoL?
    Played 2 games.
    and returned to DotA

As some ppl said HoN has moar dynamic, even my friend cant play hon cuz "SOFASTOMFGIDIDNOTUNDERSTANDWHATSHAPPENED". Agree with that.
    LoL has interesting talent system big plus big advantage
    HoN Is brutal for real. (VIOLENCE AROUND!!!! :< )

in 2 words
    HoN is for Men(lawl)
    LoL is for Ppl

I dont play HoN, left after beta was closed.
    I dont play Lol, left after got 5 lvl.
    I play Dota cuz my friends like it
    I play wow cuz...
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Being a proud owner of both LoL and HoN, and having played both for quite some time, I have to say I enjoy LoL a lot more than HoN atm. This wasn't always so.

HoN was really fun during closed and open beta. The thing that ruined HoN for me is the community.
    Don't get me wrong; flaming, whining, bitching, crying and verbal abuse is easy to ignore and really doesn't bother me one bit, because if it did, gaming wouldn't be the thing for me. What does bother me is the amount of people who commit said offenses also have a tendency to go afk, feed or try to disrupt the gameplay in other ways. Basically, in nigh every single game I've played lately in HoN there has been at least one quitter (For the lack of a better term) either on my side or on the other.

And then there's the fact that life hangs in the balance when you play HoN. At least you would think so the way people act when they are losing, and by losing, I mean dying once early game. If people learned to take the game a bit less serious, they would enjoy it more, and as such, it would be more enjoyable for others who don't have to deal with the childish crap in every single game.

Don't get me started on the forums. Just don't.

As far as actual gameplay goes, I don't think I prefer one or the other. LoL seems a bit more fast paced (At least the way I play), whilst HoN is kinda slow and sluggish, which I attribute to the god awful pathing in the game.

I see the HoN developers responded immediately. Don't listen to a word they say. Every hero, every item is a carbon copy of the ones from the DOTA allstars wc3x map. The graphics may be "better", but it's much more difficult to see exactly what is going on, and honestly, why are you playing a dota rip if you want great graphics? They are still terrible by any other genre's standards. There is no auto match system, you must manually join games run by players and hope the host doesn't kick you for not being 1337 enough.

League of legends has a brand new item system, all brand new heroes, an innovative summoner skill - runes - "talent tree" system, automatching that works well enough, and best of all, is 100% completely free to play. I love it, and play quite frequently =)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpaq777 View Post
    I see the HoN developers responded immediately. Don't listen to a word they say. Every hero, every item is a carbon copy of the ones from the DOTA allstars wc3x map. The graphics may be "better", but it's much more difficult to see exactly what is going on, and honestly, why are you playing a dota rip if you want great graphics? They are still terrible by any other genre's standards. There is no auto match system, you must manually join games run by players and hope the host doesn't kick you for not being 1337 enough.

League of legends has a brand new item system, all brand new heroes, an innovative summoner skill - runes - "talent tree" system, automatching that works well enough, and best of all, is 100% completely free to play. I love it, and play quite frequently =)
    Heroes in HoN that are not DotA ports:

Arachna
    Balphagore
    Bombardier
    The Chipper
    Dampeer
    The Dark Lady
    Deadwood
    Electrician
    Engineer
    Empath
    Fayde
    Gauntlet
    Maliken
    Pandamonium
    Puppet Master
    Zephyr

And that doesn't include the heroes that only have one or two abilities that are similar to DotA abilities.

There's also a few items unique to HoN, but I'm not going to list them. Who cares?

Also, to people complaining about flamers in games;
    Get out of the 1500-1700 psr range. Higher rated players tend to flame a lot less, as most of the people who do the insulting at lower ratings are getting upset with their gameplay and mistakes and taking it out on you.

Deleted
    LoL is much less balanced than HoN Is now.
    Maliken is another non-dota port hero , so is scout dont remember should be few others as well. And Half of wolfpaq777 post looks like someone who just couldnt afford the game/is bad at it. And it isnt much more difficult to see whats going on. And LoL is one the wich is terrible by other genre standarts. If HoN is so terrible why dota has coppied some of HoN balance changes in some of latest versions?

There is no auto match system - Yes there is auto machmaking system already working.

For free LoL is semi-decent game , though gotta love endless LoL vs HoN wars :P
    Last edited by mmoc7a131cc033; 2011-01-28 at 12:19 AM.

Ive never played HoN but I throughly enjoy LoL, tons of champs making for different play when you want it, talents and runes for customization. Being free is a plus, but after playing it as much as I have I would pay for it now, but its a very different game and wouldnt have payed money for it to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by electrikfuzz View Post
    Heroes in HoN that are not DotA ports:

Arachna
    Balphagore
    Bombardier
    The Chipper
    Dampeer
    The Dark Lady
    Deadwood
    Electrician
    Engineer
    Empath
    Fayde
    Gauntlet
    Maliken
    Pandamonium
    Puppet Master
    Zephyr

And that doesn't include the heroes that only have one or two abilities that are similar to DotA abilities.

There's also a few items unique to HoN, but I'm not going to list them. Who cares?

Also, to people complaining about flamers in games;
    Get out of the 1500-1700 psr range. Higher rated players tend to flame a lot less, as most of the people who do the insulting at lower ratings are getting upset with their gameplay and mistakes and taking it out on you.
    oh nice, 15 new heroes.

LoL has 45+. No comparison. Fine there's a couple new items? Woopty do. All of LoL items are new.

What about the brand new summoner skill system? Brand new hero stats system? Brand new runes system? Brand new talents system? Brand new leveling system? HoN has nothing new. Zero innovation. It's recycled trash played by a community that likes to waste money. I'm glad I got to play for free in beta so that I could realize how awful it is, and move on to league so I am not forced to stand up for something i wasted $30 on like several of these guys are.

---------- Post added 2011-01-28 at 12:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Simsons2 View Post
    LoL is much less balanced than HoN Is now.
    Maliken is another non-dota port hero , so is scout dont remember should be few others as well. And Half of wolfpaq777 post looks like someone who just couldnt afford the game/is bad at it. And it isnt much more difficult to see whats going on. And LoL is one the wich is terrible by other genre standarts. If HoN is so terrible why dota has coppied some of HoN balance changes in some of latest versions?

There is no auto match system - Yes there is auto machmaking system already working.

For free LoL is semi-decent game , though gotta love endless LoL vs HoN wars :P
    Ok, to be fair my impression was formed late in beta when the game was in a very unfinished state. If I tried again post HoN 2.0 when they made all the changes LoL had from the start, i would probably have a more favorable impression, but there's no way I'm gonna gamble $30 on it, when I play with friends who can't afford to buy a new game atm.
    Last edited by wolfpaq777; 2011-01-28 at 12:48 AM.

Deleted
    I actualy did get my copy last april when i exchanged my 2x SC2 Beta account for HoN pre-purchase. HoN has no heroes that gives your team massive benefit while LoL on other hand has heroes when if both teams are equal skill will have advantage over other one. I dont give a crap that LoL has no denies , though every second hero has a blink/heal spell much innovation right? Summoner system might give you better things depending on how much you've played while on other hand some who've played less might not have some spells and if both are equally skilled would be at disadvantage.
    And as mentioned before most of new heroes wich come every 2 weeks , i dont have to pay for them to access them immediately unlike LoL , are original and not dota ports plus game balance is much better.