View Poll Results: Which shaman is best

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Draenei

    4 7.55%
  • Tauren

    5 9.43%
  • Goblin

    22 41.51%
  • something else

    22 41.51%
Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Best Race For A PvP Shaman

    ok, i recently made a draenei shaman, level 20 currently, i chose him because of his racials tbh and bit because of his looks but if there is another class with better pvp shammy racials i'd leave him lol. Then i realized that i still wanted to make a tauren. I've always liked taurens (mounts, model, dance, etc.) but i don't know if i should really leave the draenei. If i leave the draenei then i might change realm; (i'm currently on frostmane US and the alliance is horrible there!) and go full out horde on another server. Now if i go tauren shaman then i find myself not sure if i should go with goblin shammy or still with the tauren. Goblins are new to WoW which is a new experience and they get haste (good for casting) portable bank (pretty good but doesn't help in pvp!), discounts, and the rocket jump thing (only good racial for pvp and the haste i guess). now, taurens only have the warstomp (5% hp is not really a significant factor to choose tauren imo..) which i think it has been overglorified a bit by people (then again i'm not a pro so i might be wrong) i know the strategies of warstomping and the healing or warstomping in order to interrupt a vital heal but that against all of the goblin's racials!? i think goblin wins in racials but i'm not sure.

    in conclusion, draenei shaman vs tauren shaman vs goblin shaman (or if you have any other suggestions then please post em with reasons)

    PS: if your reason to keep the draenei because it's already lvl 20 please keep in mind that idc...i could easily lvl another char in a few hours with friends. btw when you POST THE ONE YOU THINK IS BEST PLEASE POST IF I SHOULD MAKE HIM ELEMENTAL (I LIKE BECAUSE OF TS LOL) OR ENCHANTMENT!!

    PS: IDC THAT THE TAUREN IS BIG AND EASY TO CLICK AND THAT THE GOBLIN IS SMALL AND HARDER TO CLICK!

    Thank you, i appreciate your help.

  2. #2
    choose which one you like, racials dont really make much difference. I chose a tauren because i love being huge and looking cool. they have the worst racials, and are easy to click in pvp, but being a huge cow makes up for this

    My Radio Broadcast: http://grooveshark.com/#!/dookleeto/broadcast feel free to come and listen

  3. #3
    I would take a goblin, they have nice racials and are pretty cool looking. IMO tho, i dont really like taurens, they just look like big fat asses for me.

  4. #4
    Tauren and Goblin is by far the best racial

    Rocket jump is sick against some classes always like a defensive cooldown like pain suppression
    war stomp is almost as good as rocket jump.
    and both got offensive use aswell.

  5. #5
    bmupbumpbump!!

    ---------- Post added 2011-01-04 at 09:40 PM ----------

    if you chose "something else" please specify!! thanks!

  6. #6
    Dreadlord Tangster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    882
    Troll, all day
    because they are awesome and have a BA accent, but if you insist on choosing a race on racials
    Trolls get zerking (20% haste increase for 12 sec) and have dah voodoo shuffle (50% reduction on snares). Cant go wrong with either imo.

    Also tusks = win
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

  7. #7
    Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Behind the Pillar
    Posts
    2,648
    if your resto/ele rocket jump can be a pretty good peel button.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

  8. #8
    There are three race/class combos on the horde side that are such no-brainers (based on racials) that I can't believe there are other combos out there:

    Orc DK
    BE Paladin
    Troll Shaman

    Those are by far the best options for those three classes in any spec and any role, PvE and PvP. I suppose goblins might make things a little bit murkier because of the rocket boots, or maybe you're just looking for an excuse to roll the new race, but Troll is the best race for a Shaman by a metric mile.

  9. #9
    Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Behind the Pillar
    Posts
    2,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiyah View Post
    by a metric mile.
    so a kilometer?

    personally i would rather have the rocket jump than a haste cd.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiyah View Post
    There are three race/class combos on the horde side that are such no-brainers (based on racials) that I can't believe there are other combos out there:

    Orc DK
    BE Paladin
    Troll Shaman

    Those are by far the best options for those three classes in any spec and any role, PvE and PvP. I suppose goblins might make things a little bit murkier because of the rocket boots, or maybe you're just looking for an excuse to roll the new race, but Troll is the best race for a Shaman by a metric mile.
    ^^This. For ele and resto,

    PvP: Troll > Goblin > Orc > *
    PvE: Troll > Goblin > Orc > Draenei > *

    The reason for this is simple. Troll come with an on-use/burst trinket using the best secondary stat for shaman (ele and resto), haste. The fact that it is on-use means you can stack it with other CDs for ridiculous burst and in pve use that burst when you most need it, instead of it being "wasted" throughout the duration of a fight.

    The value of haste also increased in Cataclysm. It also scales with gear, unlike Orc's spellpower trinket.

    Note that the Goblin racial, Time is Money, is an increase to casting speed NOT haste! So, therefore it has no effect on DoT ticks or channelled spells. Luckily a shaman doesn't have too many of these so its the on-use aspect that's most critical for pvp.

    But tbh, all are perfectly viable. Especially goblins. Their small size is an advantage in bgs. And their other racials have greater use in arena.

    Enhancement, I'm guessing since I've never played one (but based on their stat weights at elitistjerks.com and utility),

    PvP: Orc (blood fury+expertise+stun reduction) > Dwarf (stoneform+expertise) > Draenei (1% hit) > Goblin (1% attack speed+rocket jump) > *
    PvE: unknown, a lot more subtle.
    Last edited by squeeze; 2011-01-07 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Reconsidered Orc vs Dwarf for enh

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    so a kilometer?

    personally i would rather have the rocket jump than a haste cd.
    I was expecting someone to say that :P

    And yeah, your pick of a race is just a personal choice of course. None of them will make or break you. But the question is which is best and it goes to Troll hands down. Though it is difficult to quantify the value or the rocket boots. As a resto, I'd most likely rather have faster heals than leave my teammate to die, for example. Some situations I'd want to go the other way.

    But, the value of both is at the least pretty close. If the OP intends to ever do anything else or is interested in trying out the different specs in PvE and PvP, berzerking will be beneficial for all situations.

  12. #12
    Dwarves. B/c dropping bleeds + increasing armor is a great thing against druids. I hate druids. So much. Oh, and the frost resistance is nice, as well as the fast arch finds 8D

  13. #13
    PvP: Dwarf (stoneform+expertise) > Orc (blood fury+expertise+stun resist) > Draenei (1% hit) > Goblin (1% attack speed+rocket jump) > *

    So you highly recommend a dwarf huh, for what ele, enh, or resto?

    ---------- Post added 2011-01-05 at 04:47 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Tangster View Post
    Troll, all day
    because they are awesome and have a BA accent, but if you insist on choosing a race on racials
    Trolls get zerking (20% haste increase for 12 sec) and have dah voodoo shuffle (50% reduction on snares). Cant go wrong with either imo.

    Also tusks = win
    don't you think the orc stun resis. is better than the voodoo shuffle?

  14. #14
    Between elemental and enhancement ? No resto eh ?

    Well if you go enhancement - Orc all the way. With orc you get the sp/attack power cooldown. You get a passive bonus to stun recovery, though it is small. But more importantly, you get a bonus to damage for your ghost wolves and of course, the bonus to expertise for hammers. Very helpful in retaining stats else where.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by soulfringe View Post
    Between elemental and enhancement ? No resto eh ?

    Well if you go enhancement - Orc all the way. With orc you get the sp/attack power cooldown. You get a passive bonus to stun recovery, though it is small. But more importantly, you get a bonus to damage for your ghost wolves and of course, the bonus to expertise for hammers. Very helpful in retaining stats else where.
    i fully agree! btw for elemental which would you prefer then?

  16. #16
    Pandaren Monk Deleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In the dark. Watching. Waiting
    Posts
    1,772
    Rocket jump is the best PvP racial in the game atm. Whether you want to get away or get close it helps.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

  17. #17
    I rolled goblin shaman because of the racials. 1% attack speed/casting speed seems nice and you got rocket that do like (6-8k dmg?) and rocket jump that can help out in pvp/pve. But goblin is ugly and short wich I dont like being small like gnome (note: imo). So I gonna race change to troll female shaman <3. Troll may not have the best racials, but they look awsome :P

  18. #18
    I got to go with others, for some reason love the troll

  19. #19
    Ask yourself the question: which race regenerates an extra 5 hp/sec and you can't do anything about it.

    Also if you ever try pve, berserking is a win for enh too, because the +1200 agi potions stack really well with the incrased attack speed. Berserking is also the best racial for healers in the game and is a nice cooldown for elementals too.

    Tauren racial is nice in pvp and the mobility or extra nuke of the goblin could be usefull too.

  20. #20
    Dwarf i a very good choice, because of stoneform. That makes them the only race/class combo that can get rid of every kind of dot.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •