10+ Year Old Account

Write your own Beginner Tooltips

The Beginner Tooltips are, for anyone remotely used to playing the game, ludicrously obvious, somewhat amusing, and fairly uninformative. In their own weird way, they're sort of charming. We're talking things like:
    • Strike
      ".... hit your target hard with your weapon."
    • Rend
      "Causes your target to bleed. You do not need to rend again as long as the target is bleeding."
    • Shield Slam
      "Hits the target with your shield"

----------------

I now find myself constantly looking at every tooltip and wondering how I can strip away the useful information and simply it down into a set of blatantly obvious instructions suitable for a small child. And I want you to help me do it!

THE FORMAT
    1. Optional: Go to http://db.mmo-champion.com/ and find your item or spell (you may need to fiddle with the horribly unfriendly filter system).
    2. Optional: Click the Forum Link button and paste it here, so we can see what the real tooltip says
    3. Under the name of your chosen item/spell to be Very Helpful about, add your new tooltip description. Remember to tell the user ludicrously obvious things in extremely simplistic language... like the real ones.

SOME EXAMPLES
    Battleworn Claymore
    "A sharp piece of metal with a handle. If you hit things with the edge of it, it will cut them."

Lightning Bolt
    "A bolt of lightning that comes from your hands, instead of a cloud. Lightning causes damage to living things when it hits them."

Minor Healing Potion
    "A non-major potion which makes your health bar less empty. Healing yourself makes you not die."

Now, you too must step up and save new players from themselves.
    Last edited by Lovestar; 2011-01-05 at 12:21 AM.

Stoneskin Gargoyle Cape
    "An item worn on one's back, which drops in Stratholme, has a virtually colourless hue, and an above average length"

Oh come on, how could I not? Or, if you prefer a "stupider" tooltip:

"A white and long cloak."
    Last edited by Thirteen; 2011-01-04 at 09:32 PM.

Power Word: Shield
    Put a bubble around yourself or friends to protect them from getting hurt.
    Nothing to see here! Move along! Nothing to see here!

Quote Originally Posted by Koobs View Post
    And DPS means Don't Pull Shit!

Deleted
    To a beginner:
    Sap- use to annoy the hell out of any1 in a pvp area and then kill them before they can move

10+ Year Old Account
    Cloak of Shadows

Be the Bane of every caster on the enemy team