Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    If you're looking for WW2 history then anything that Stephen Ambrose did is top notch. To name a few: Citizen Soldiers, D-Day, even Band of Brothers which served as the inspiration for the HBO mini-series.

Also, although it's not about WW1 or WW2, Team of Rivals by Doris Goodwin is absolutely brilliant. It's about Abraham Lincoln's rise to the Presidency and how he made his cabinet from his political rivals. It's just a great, great book.

People have already said my recommendation for fantasy books, Terry Goodkind, and Wheel of Time. I'm gonna state an obvious and say Lord of the Rings as well. xD

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorGuides View Post
    Mein Kampf(My Struggle) by Hitler, sounds strange but i read it and it cleared up alot about WW2 and some common misconceptions, quite interesting if you like history and foreign matters
    Oh gosh...

I'd recommend World War Z by Max Brooks, it's a fairly socio-political book, might be about zombies, but you can definitely relate to the real world sort of responses that he presents. Outside of that, I've got to mention Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, they might not be specifically within the era that you mentioned, and deal primarily with fantasy and fiction, but their stories are fantastic, and are truly a joy to read.

It is a thread up (link in my sig) with 13 pages of good reccomendations of books you will surely like.

Check it out. Do a little research and it's no need for new threads

A Pokemon Book!

OT : Cthulu mythos ..... little story's inside of book, H.P.Lovecraft, i loved it

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

My favorite is The Catcher in the Rye :]

1984 was good but the ending was very... cynical. lol

And then the Harry Potter series is definitely a must-read. 8D
    85 Priest/72 Druid/85 Mage/24 Shaman/56 Paladin

The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan.

One of my favorite series, it's so great, look it up, it's more exciting than what reviews say. Just like great books, you have to read them to understand their greatness.