Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Hmm.. so I've been pvping for quite a while - sitting on 6/8 crafted and 2 glad pieces - and I've found my survivability is extremely limited. Sure, my resilience is still in the development stage, but I don't see it making much of a difference at a higher tier. In smaller scale battlegrounds, I definitely don't do so hot. I feel like players on the opposite team are scouting for hunters... honestly. I get picked out of the crowd by deathgrip, victory rush, mage slows, etc. I either get pummeled by 3+ players or a single player can take me out once they get into melee range. Wing clip, Raptor strike, frost/freezing traps, snake trap, concussive shot, wyvern, deterrance, disengage.. they all seem to stall the inevitable. I've noticed the Master's Call glyph to be a godsend when it comes to buying a few extra seconds off snares, but still.. it's a daunting to task to get out of melee range quickly. With the seemingly infinite slows, charges, dots, and stuns, I rarely find time to actual "be a hunter" (ie. flick arrows, kite). Casters are even a problem. Mages will sit in my deadzone and instant cast me to death. At least when I'm in AV or another high attendance bg, I can get lost in the back somewhere and nuke away - it's gimmicky, but a hell of a lot more enjoyable than running for your life all game long.

I'm still going to stick with it and prepare to tread for the long haul. Hunters have strong potential, I think.

Deleted
    Like all of the above said hunter's are in an iffy place in PvP at the moment, but i wouldnt encourage you too play another class as theyre still super fun imo. I don't do too bad considering, with Entrapment i can pretty much kite most melee, although i get my ass handed too me by any decent feral druid

What Spec would you use for a Cunning pet for PVP battlegrounds?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvorjak View Post
    What Spec would you use for a Cunning pet for PVP battlegrounds?
    All of my pets, ferocity/cunning/tenacity, always have talents that are all about damage. I rarely take points in things like Lionhearted or the stam/armor talents.

A non-BM player I would expect something like this perhaps: http://www.wowhead.com/petcalc#0od0z0fh0ro

For my Devilsaur or Ghostcrawler, I always use this one: http://www.wowhead.com/petcalc#cud00ssz0hoRb

It's a matter of preference. Some people choose to have pets focused on survival. Mine are based on pure power.

Oh, and Sic'em! + Wild Hunt = Insane numbers

The bigger they are, the harder I hit'em

10+ Year Old Account
    My pvp advice? Don't do twos. It is some of the most ridiculous shit I have ever run into. Here's a 30 minute game that I just won, against and undergeared Hpally and Frost Mage. We had the mage in kill range 4 times over the fight, but through his Ice Block, HoP, and tons of *blink lololol speedboost* it took us this long to get a kill, due to the low damage we are putting out.

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/4...0511230607.jpg

Honestly, I don't know how blizzard managed to break us this badly in pvp, it defies logic.

You need a very high amount of patience if you want to pvp as a hunter, I'm finding myself easily frustrated after 4 years of maining a hunter. Now, I'm not doing terrible in 2s but it is the most disadvantaged pvp setting for a hunter right now and it's most likely not fixable. The only way I can see hunter pvp in 2s really being made viable again is by giving a 'strong' root mechanic (not entrapment that you have to make your opponent run over / not be resisted). Essentially, old Imp Wing Clip.

I'm sure people will argue we have Counterattack but that's A) only survival and B) very unreliable due to proc chance.

Now, I'm not making this a QQ post, but just as an example I'm going to use frost mages. Very high survivability and extremely high kiting mechanics, they were given this because they needed to cast. Understandable.

Hunters never had this because most of our stuff was instants. Fair enough still.

Now we're forced to cast, same kiting potential (at least we can keep moving with AotF) but frost mages were given more kiting potential (RoF and Frostfire Orb) but now are able to spam instants.

It seems a little backwards to me but I believe that's at least one reason frost is very powerful right now and hunters are not.

---------- Post added 2011-01-06 at 02:09 AM ----------

I wouldn't mind seeing Widow Venom changed, and here's my idea.

Same focus cost, same duration, same effect BUT, add a leech on it. Make it like a reverse beacon of light where it leeches 10% of the healing done to the victim and add a limit (1-3 victims max barring balancing issues of course).

This would accomplish 3 things
    1) It'd actually be used cuz it's useful
    2) Gives us a way to actually heal
    3) Be a "unique" ability that only hunters would have
    Last edited by Gildian; 2011-01-06 at 08:09 AM.

Hunters in pvp seem most effective as an assist class.
    Spec SV and glyph as defensive minded as possible. Play BGs as a setup guy for other groups on your team.
    Watch for casters and try to sting / scatter them as often as possible for interrupts.
    Use scare beast on other pets, use widow venom and tranq smartly.
    Anticipate for your chance to land killshots.
    Keep your pet passive and use it for masters call / intervene, or train a monkey for blind, etc.
    And always keep your range in mind. Positioning is always critical (staying out of DG range, for example)
    Getting lured into a 1 vs 1 battle is going to be a focus-starved exercise in frustration, and will leave you in rather dire straits pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelbak-Illidan View Post
    Reroll, Sorry its the truth hunters are pretty garbage right now ):
    Yes and no... Yes they are garbage in PvP, however in PvE they are up with the top dogs which is where all the problems are coming in for blizzard. They are trying to figure out a way to improve hunter PvP without improving PvE even more than it already is. If they just gave buffs across the board to fix PvP it would create a massive overpowering on the PvE side.

All the problems with PvP seem to revolve around focus, we have a quick short burst of damage then have to avoid dieing while we regen to get another quick shot of damage.