Strange JC/Archaeology bug?

I had some stacks of scrolls (specifically Highbourne Scrolls) and one of them was a stack of 10. I wanted to find out if I could prospect them and I could. However, because I didn't want to run the risk of losing that stack of 10, I never actually went ahead and prospected (though the bar appeared as it does when prospecting ordinary ores).

Is this normal?

I also tried to prospect fewer than 10 scrolls and more than 10 scrolls and either time, it would not prospect. It's for this reason that I think this is a bug.

Anyone tried this, and if so what do you get when you prospect the scrolls?
    Last edited by Bodymass; 2011-01-04 at 10:34 PM.

Deleted
    Whats this? Some attempt to sell highborne scrolls quickly?
    Good luck!

10 highborne scrolls turned into 5 scrolls back + lesser mana potion.

10+ Year Old Account
    well that wasn't a good trade

Deleted
    Epic win. Cant believe that anyone actually tried it...

This kind of crap is being posted on wowhead too.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=63127#comments:id=1277527

What a cheap attempt to sell scrolls.
    - I participated in the Legendary 22/02/11 EU internet Crash thread, also known as "The day EU trolled Blizzard" -

15+ Year Old Account
    I just tried to prospect all of my scrolls, and I get an error message specifically saying I need 5 of whichever one I try. This is most likely a bug, and I would submit a ticket.

Also, the amount of hate in this thread is amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by ramajuko View Post
    I just tried to prospect all of my scrolls, and I get an error message specifically saying I need 5 of whichever one I try. This is most likely a bug, and I would submit a ticket.

Also, the amount of hate in this thread is amusing.
    Tell me about it, tried prospecting 5 a few hours ago and lo and behold. You receve nothing and lose your scrolls.
    GJ blizz
    Opened a ticket about it anyway.
    - I participated in the Legendary 22/02/11 EU internet Crash thread, also known as "The day EU trolled Blizzard" -

its not some attempt to sale Keystones, it actually allows you to do this, but you get nothing for it and it uses up 5 keystones. Its a bug in the game that they will have to fix

Quote Originally Posted by Alan3002 View Post
    This kind of crap is being posted on wowhead too.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=63127#comments:id=1277527

What a cheap attempt to sell scrolls.
    Highly unlikely considering that Highbourne scrolls are the most popular scrolls you can get in Kalimdor. That's a rather cynical comment to make. I was merely informing people about what was discovered and if I really wanted to make money from it I would have told them to prospect 10 tol'vir scrolls instead.