Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Unstable affliction underpowered in PvP?

Lately i've been doing a lot of PvP and it seems that a lot of players no longer seem to care about unstable afliction, especially resto shamans.
    In wotlk and tbc it was dangerous to dispell it since it could kill u or lead to ur death, but right now the damage is only slightly higher (read: about 50% higher) as the lvl 80 version, however, the amount of hitpoints we have raised by a good 300%.
    The damage is that low a single hot wil cover it and with the silence being on a dr, it won't take long to become immune to the silence and as soon as that happens there is nothing we can do since our dots get dispelled instantly.
    Resto shamans are even the worst dispeller of all, they can dispell and get healed for it. They get healed that much they can dispell ua and see their hp go up.

Imo, ua needs a serious buff to deal at least 50k damage when dispelled so people will think twice about dispelling cuz right now they can dispell without even getting punished properly for it.

Yeah it seems to have lost it's deadly punch =( if their not going to make the dmg higher, least they can do is make the silence longer... 2-3 seconds at least (x

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by butterzz View Post
    Resto shamans are even the worst dispeller of all, they can dispell and get healed for it. They get healed that much they can dispell ua and see their hp go up.
    You sure you're not talking about a PRIEST dispelling and getting healed from it? Last time I checked we were the only ones who could get healed from sucessfully dispelling something (its a glyph).

I love what they've done to priests Vampiric Touch...

"When your Vampiric Touch is dispelled, the dispeller and all nearby enemy targets within 10 yards have a 100% chance to be instantly feared in horror for 3 sec."

It's always been like this for rogues and warlocks(UA), What these two classes gets(abilities, spells etc.) Feral druids and Shadow priests gets somewhat the same mechanism but always better somehow..

My point, shadow priests Vampiric Touch outplays Unstable Affliction everyday of the week..

---------- Post added 2011-01-05 at 01:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    You sure you're not talking about a PRIEST dispelling and getting healed from it? Last time I checked we were the only ones who could get healed from sucessfully dispelling something (its a glyph).
    And no, see http://www.wowhead.com/spell=86962.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Nope, i'm talking about the cleansing waters talent resto shamans have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovansjo View Post
    I love what they've done to priests Vampiric Touch...

"When your Vampiric Touch is dispelled, the dispeller and all nearby enemy targets within 10 yards have a 100% chance to be instantly feared in horror for 3 sec."

It's always been like this for rogues and warlocks(UA), What these two classes gets(abilities, spells etc.) Feral druids and Shadow priests gets somewhat the same mechanism but always better somehow..

My point, shadow priests Vampiric Touch outplays Unstable Affliction everyday of the week..[COLOR="red"]

wow are you kidding me? our 3sec horror effect puts our only cc on dr(fear) so dispell it once=3sec horror, dispell it twice it´s 1sec and after that guess what...
    seriously, anyone who thinks that shadowpriests dispell protection is better than damage+silence from ua is simply wrong and has no clue

Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    wow are you kidding me? our 3sec horror effect puts our only cc on dr(fear) so dispell it once=3sec horror, dispell it twice it´s 1sec and after that guess what...
    seriously, anyone who thinks that shadowpriests dispell protection is better than damage+silence from ua is simply wrong and has no clue
    I'd rather a 3 second horror than a 3 second silence...

Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    Nope, not kidding at all. Go reroll an UA lock and you'll miss your priest in an instant. I'd trade for sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ynkesfan2003 View Post
    sigh..i better just give up right now before i waste more of my time because i see that you have no idea...it puts dr on psychis scream and psychic horror, if i have to tell you more than this before you realize that ua dispell protection is in every way better then you´re a lost case.
    yours also does damage whereas ours fear and fucks up our only cc...

I'm fairly certain horror and fear are two separate DRs.

UA dispels cause a 5 second silence. I'm not how much more you can ask for. I don't think it's meant to be absolute dispel protection. If a healer is willing to risk 5 seconds of silence to dispel it, it's up to you to take advantage of it. The only change it could maybe use is removal of diminishing returns, and only because every healer has a dispel now.

The damage was never the big problem after they made it scale with resil, it was pretty much the silence. Don't complain about PvP if you only do BGs, you have to think about the bigger picture.
    New and shiny compppppp!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icpie View Post
    The damage was never the big problem after they made it scale with resil, it was pretty much the silence. Don't complain about PvP if you only do BGs, you have to think about the bigger picture.
    with bigger picture u mean arena cuz i'm pretty sure rated bg also giving nice tittles and mounts right now..
    What i'm meaning with the damage is that at lvl 80 u could easely take away 25%+ hp on pvp geared oppenents, right now its only about 10% and the survability of some classes is that high they can survive easly without casting a spell.

Quote Originally Posted by butterzz View Post
    with bigger picture u mean arena cuz i'm pretty sure rated bg also giving nice tittles and mounts right now..
    What i'm meaning with the damage is that at lvl 80 u could easely take away 25%+ hp on pvp geared oppenents, right now its only about 10% and the survability of some classes is that high they can survive easly without casting a spell.
    You take off 10% of their life when they dispel, you just throw UA back up... You have 5 seconds to do that and/or dps/CC them.
    New and shiny compppppp!

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiyah View Post
    If a healer is willing to risk 5 seconds of silence to dispel it, it's up to you to take advantage of it..
    Since Mofi clearly can't argue and he has to "give up" I call success on our part. But ^ if a healer dispells UA, they'll just run behind the closest pillar(which isn't that far away because who are we kidding, it's a healer in arena) and wait out the silence while you're probably being slowed and can't chase him properly. Whilst in the case of a vampiric touch the target cant move behind a pillar now can they? ;o

Quote Originally Posted by ynkesfan2003 View Post
    Nope, not kidding at all. Go reroll an UA lock and you'll miss your priest in an instant. I'd trade for sure.
    I play BOTH classes, and IMO UA has the better dispel protection as not only does it actually cause damage upon dispel (VT no longer causes damage when dispelled), but the DR on Silence is less severe to a Warlock than the DR on Fear is for a SPriest.

Since Mofi clearly can't argue and he has to "give up" I call success on our part. But ^ if a healer dispells UA, they'll just run behind the closest pillar(which isn't that far away because who are we kidding, it's a healer in arena) and wait out the silence while you're probably being slowed and can't chase him properly. Whilst in the case of a vampiric touch the target cant move behind a pillar now can they? ;o
    Still 5 seconds they're not healing the other guy :P

Resto shams can ground the silence, right?

Deleted
    Since Mofi clearly can't argue and he has to "give up" I call success on our part.
    it was late and i had to go to bed =P
    i don´t need to argue about this because it´s crystal clear which is the better one.
    I'm fairly certain horror and fear are two separate DRs.
    not true

I play BOTH classes, and IMO UA has the better dispel protection as not only does it actually cause damage upon dispel (VT no longer causes damage when dispelled), but the DR on Silence is less severe to a Warlock than the DR on Fear is for a SPriest.
    very true and that´s exactly the point, it screws our only form of cc whereas yours doesn´t, it does damage,silences and doesn´t do a thing to your howl of terrer/deathcoil/fear

BTW, the horror from spriests goes onto the target that had VT on it, not the person who dispelled it, so if the healer dispells the DPS it fears the DPS and they can just instantly redispel it and just /lol @ it

Deleted
    Aff lock still has the best dispell "protection" with UA. Guess what happened to living bomb for example? There is no explosion anymore on dispell so yeah...