Darkmoon Card: Volcano

So i've heard that DMC:V isnt BiS pre heroic raiding for affliction since it only procs off direct damage and so has low uptime during execute phase. Then I read in the comments section of wowhead that it was hotfixed to proc off dots now. Can anyone who has the trinket confirm this?

Just stood at a dummy as aff letting my dots cycle and casting nothing else for a good 6 minutes it didn't proc once, hoping they'll change this.

Edit: Daemonkin on Thunderhorn if thats any use.
    Last edited by Mortanix; 2011-01-05 at 06:18 AM.

Deleted
    I would not botter getting DMC: V regardless of procs for affliction. You could ofcourse reforge mastery to haste. Anyhow don't get it unless it's offered to you for free.

I could've sworn I heard that it was being hotfixed to trigger from DoT ticks; but, now that I think about it, that was just a comment on WoWHead (http://www.wowhead.com/item=62047#comments). Hoping it's true, but Mortanix is making me lose hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti
    No, they (new-gen gamers) are happy. Never happier than when they are crying loudly about the injustices of voluntary forms of entertainment.

Slight update, while it definitely doesn't proc from DoT ticks, (sorry but it's true) it still places as a BiS trinket for affliction at least according to current thinking on the EJ simcraft thread, compared to for example heroic gale of shadows, lets not forget it only lowers it's proc rate during the execute phase where we'll only be proccing it with soulfires and haunt, the rest of the fight it will still be proccing enough to make it worthwhile, all in all it's still a very good trinket if you can get hold of one.