Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Meta gem for Frost DK

So im debating between Thundering Skyflare Diamond (Chance to increase melee/ranged attack speed) or Fleet Shadowspirit Diamond (+54 Mastery rating and minor run speed increase)
    I understand that they gonna change the meta gem requirement (Chaotic shadowspirit DIamond) which probably gonna be the only meta option for melees.
    And as far as i understand Frost DK gets more benefit from Mastery,any suggestion would be appreciated tyvm

Deleted
    Flee Shadowspirit Diamond is the best for frost DW, until they change the requirements for the Chaotic one (I think, please correct me if I'm wrong

Haste is our least desired secondary stat for Dual Wield Frost.

Mastery is our most desired secondary stat for Dual Wield Frost. (excluding hit/expertise to cap)

Seems pretty clear to me.

I'm a big fan of chaotic, specialy as a frost dk, our crit chance with our 2 hardest hitting abilities is alrdy up at 30%, so the chaotic becomes more viable for us, even with the strange meta req.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...athmoan/simple
    i have with a liitle bit of HIT gemming instead of str managed to keep my meta without fucking up the gemming. and while i havent done any maths for this im pretty sure its still a dpsboost because of the 3%crit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathmoan View Post
    I'm a big fan of chaotic, specialy as a frost dk, our crit chance with our 2 hardest hitting abilities is alrdy up at 30%, so the chaotic becomes more viable for us, even with the strange meta req.

i have with a liitle bit of HIT gemming instead of str managed to keep my meta without fucking up the gemming. and while i havent done any maths for this im pretty sure its still a dpsboost because of the 3%crit.

No its not viable with the current req, since the main stat for a dk will always be str and having more blue than red gems is just awful ;E
    Last edited by mmocef07e76924; 2011-01-05 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polpe View Post
    No its not viable with the current req, since the main stat for a dk will always be str and having more blue than red gems is just awful ;E
    http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/102760/rankings/players/

having more blues than reds is bad yes, but atm gear doesent even have socket slots!
    all my socket bonuses are filled, even the red ones
    ive put pure 40 mastery gems instead of 20 str 20 mastery ones in the yellow. and 40 HIT sockets, leaving me to be able to reforge hit into expertise so i dont lack on that either
    and the few str points im loosing from this im getting back from the 3% crit by far.

Deleted

having more blues than reds is bad yes, but atm gear doesent even have socket slots!
    ive put pure 40 mastery gems instead of 20 str 20 mastery ones in the yellow. and 40 HIT sockets, leaving me to be able to reforge hit into expertise so i dont lack on that either
    and the few str points im loosing from this im getting back from the 3% crit by far.
    I do not agree , having 40 str in the 40 mastery slots wud be a dps increase tbh

Strength is rated higher as a dps stat than mastery. Mastery is the best secondary stat, but it is not as high a dps increase as strength. Meeting the requirements of chaotic is a dps loss. I am personally using fleet as well, and I changed my boot enchant to be pure mastery.

I did this in Wrath and then in Cata and this is my second time learning that Strength is much better than anything after hit cap. I just regem'd from mastery/hit/socket-meta bonus to mostly Strength/no meta and have seen a good dps increase. Gem Str because you cant reforge to it. I wish I could retain knowledge better, woulda saved me some cash there.

GL
    Blood~

I think people read this gem wrong too frequently. It is not 3% crit, it is 3% extra damage when you crit. With the changes in ratings in cata, most people are raiding fully buffed between 25-35% crit, before talents, glyphs.

To do the math, you have too look at how frequently you crit, Add 3% damage to only those attacks and then compare how strength impacts the damage you do, as it applies to almost every DK attack including crits. Someone smarter than me can do the math, but more damage to every attack is likely to outweigh the benefit to 3% damage when you crit until some very high gear/crit levels (and hopefully by then the gem will be fixed).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by boseguy22 View Post
    I think people read this gem wrong too frequently. It is not 3% crit, it is 3% extra damage when you crit. With the changes in ratings in cata, most people are raiding fully buffed between 25-35% crit, before talents, glyphs.

To do the math, you have too look at how frequently you crit, Add 3% damage to only those attacks and then compare how strength impacts the damage you do, as it applies to almost every DK attack including crits. Someone smarter than me can do the math, but more damage to every attack is likely to outweigh the benefit to 3% damage when you crit until some very high gear/crit levels (and hopefully by then the gem will be fixed).

25-35? lol. more like 10-15

Quote Originally Posted by boseguy22 View Post

Killing machine inflates our final crit numbers significantly.

This is pretty cut and dry, Fleet is best now due to the chaotic requirements. Chaotic will be best at any level of critical strike once it is reverted to 2 blue.

Until they make the changes to Chaotic going by EJ the best current meta is Destructive Shadowspirit Diamond

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...athmoan/simple

Can i ask why your reforging to mastery? Especially when your hit and exp is low, also why would you reforge these 2 stats? Finally you would have an overall dps boost if you were not wearing tanking items like back and shoulders , and feet

Destructive Shadowspirit Diamond ftw, having a druid cast cyclone and it being reflected is lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamminn View Post
    Can i ask why your reforging to mastery? Especially when your hit and exp is low, also why would you reforge these 2 stats? Finally you would have an overall dps boost if you were not wearing tanking items like back and shoulders , and feet
    Actually that Back and Boots are BiS pre-raid I'd think. He is Hit capped but I'd like to see at least 8 more expertise being thrown in there.

NEW META STR / CRIT <3333333333333