Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Inscription... what's this profession for?

for making rocks?
    (wowhead search: Origami Rock)

Was this a cruel joke by Blizzard lol
    Seriously, this profession rocks.

What fun does this profession provide/contribute for the player?
    Aside from gathering professions which enables you to make a lot of gold, most professions have something interesting to craft or make to sell for money.
    For inscription, there's practically nothing, aside from the darkmoon card (which btw happens to be really hard/expensive to make, while getting mats aren't interesting (no chaos orb for you to "earn") to work for/wait for/farm for recipe, mat.... because everybody already has their glyphs.

Did Blizzard say anything about buffing certain professions... such as inscription? Did they make any "promises" about inscription before Cata shipped? I really don't see why more than few rational people would choose this profession.

Deleted
    It the suckiest profession there is imo, especially after Cata where you now just have to learn the glyph once and you know it for good. Wouldnt be surprised if this profession got removed one day.

mysterious.fortune.card.

i spent 2k gold on those..

Suckiest? Hmm... Make darkmoon cards, make offhands and relics, get the best shoulder enchant in the game letting you skip getting exaulted with Therazane, make fortune cards, sell glyphs to everyone that rolled a worgen or goblin, make and sell low level decks to ppl farming darkmoon rep.... Not to mention it's on par with BS/Ench/Alch as far as PvE gains for most classes. So I wouldn't say it's the "suckiest" prof in the game, atleast don't say that within earshot of an engineer.....

All professions are balanced, Inscription like any other, just like Lazur points out : it saves the hassle of getting exalted with any shoulder inscription related faction.

Thus the little lottery aspect of the mysterious fortune card by itself renders this profession fun !

However if there is indeed something REALLY sucky with this profession, it's the plant milling process ...

OMG Blizz, on that one you just decided to get all sadistic on our asses ... I remember spending 2 hours of mindless clicking at Dalaran when I was providing my guild with glyphes ... Why on earth didn't you add the milling process like any tailoring bolt/tissu transformation ? Or anything in that spirit, queuing it up instead of this irritating click ?

There is a milling macro. I'm at work right now, just leaving actually, so I can't post it as I don't remember it offhand. It's amazing!! Just click the macro button and it does the rest, granted you have to click it over and over but makes it easier than targeting the herb everytime.

Broken profession.

At least the rest of us get Glyphs?

If you didn't get gold capped as a scribe in wotlk, you did it wrong. I only say 'in wotlk' because the gold cap has been increased in cata. New chars will always need glyphs, there's plenty of money to be made still.

Epic shoulders?
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

whoa, i forgot this profession existed till i saw thread. I guess its cause you guys sell some stuff, but never really interact with other ppl. What I mean by that is I never see any one looking for an inscripter. Seems like from what someone said, your all about profit and nothing fun, so i hope you guys get and ink mount. if you dont know what i mean, you dont watch Naruto Shippudon.

Psssshh haters gonna hate!

I'm making quite a lot of money, some glyphs are selling for around 120g ea...

Yea inscription is terrible. It sucks having to sit at the mailbox for 10 minutes sifting through my 200 emails containing 15k gold every day.

the shoulder enchant gives you an advantage in stats, just as much as all other crafting professions. Example: enchanting gives +2x 40 int on rings. Blacksmithing gives you 2x extra gem sockets which results in +2x 40int gems etc etc. Inscription gives +130 int and 25 haste, while common shoulder enchants from therazene gives +50 int and 25 haste, so its +80 int once again.

but you are right, besides of that... only hope is to sell glyphs to the endless alt-addicted players out there, who need glyphs over and over again.
    but really: what do other professions provide ? almost everything crafted isnt bound on pickup anyways so the priviledges of having a certain profession yourself isnt that great.
    greets.
    Last edited by Kaffeefilter; 2011-01-05 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    What I mean by that is I never see any one looking for an inscripter.
    /slap We are called "scribes."

OT: Lazur pointed out pretty much all of the benefits of inscription. I've made lots of gold off of the mysterious cards and glyphs for alts. The shoulder enchant is a plus not having to grind Therazane and I like the extra gold I get from making Forged Documents.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaffeefilter View Post
    the shoulder enchant gives you an advantage in stats, just as much as all other crafting professions. Example: enchanting gives +2x 40 int on rings. Blacksmithing gives you 2x extra gem sockets which results in +2x 40int gems etc etc. Inscription gives +130 int and 25 haste, while common shoulder enchants from therazene gives +50 int and 25 haste, so its +80 int once again.

greets.
    You missed the point. Being able to make a shoulder enchant means you don't have to spend any time farming rep for the normal one. Avoiding the rep grind is especially good for alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazur View Post
    Suckiest? Hmm... Make darkmoon cards, make offhands and relics...
    Oh snap! I'm so glad inscription exists, i really had no idea how yu could get these kind of items pre 3.x!

Seriously, this is stuff they forced inscription into, so it won't end up worthless. It was intendet to "improve spells", but the Glyph-System was giant fail to beginn with. Glyphs are nothing more then an additional way to spent talentpoints.
    Now Blizzard is out of ideas regarding Glyphs, they can't solve anything by inventing new ones. Because a new Glyph ends up either worthless ans unused or make it so good that everyone has to use it.
    Because Glyphs are already broken, scribes are now damned to make stupid origamis and fortune cards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orrik View Post
    "Inscriptionister" is the worst my scribe has ever been called =P

Is farming reputation really an issue? With tabards and all, a faction is exalted in no time, even if you dont play all day. Next question would be, how many factions you need to be exalted with.
    I play a healing priest, and there is ONE faction that would give me any benefit from beeing exalted (hyjal guys that is). There is only one cloth epic with spirit on it that can be obtained via reputation. I admit im lucky, that the hyjal guys also sell the head enchant i need. But i dont think it is very different for other specs, but maybe there are 2 factions you can buy epics from. You are welcome to correct me on that

greets

Quote Originally Posted by Orrik View Post
    And that would be why nobody is ever looking for and "inscriptor". Though I tend to call myself a scribbler.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazur View Post
    Suckiest? Hmm... Make darkmoon cards, make offhands and relics, get the best shoulder enchant in the game letting you skip getting exaulted with Therazane, make fortune cards, sell glyphs to everyone that rolled a worgen or goblin, make and sell low level decks to ppl farming darkmoon rep
    This ^ not to mention cata deks sell for 16-20 k on ah an they are 3rd best trink you can obtain in the game currently. and yea shoulder enchnats provide an increase in stats as much as all other proffs do.

For those that QQ over Engineerin yea your Headpieces suk....oh wiat they dont ....its not like u can double enchants on gloves , back, belt ...oh wait you can...so plz all profs are equally balanced. Even Herbs gives oyu haste now so how bout you read up on the proff b4 u say it sux