Arcane Mages: The Other Two Trees

Just wondering what spells from the other two trees arcane mages use at 85? The only one that I'm currently using is frost nova. I can't really think of anything else that might seem mandatory except for maybe Flame Orb and situationally Ring of Frost. At level 52, all 3 aoe's that I have are dps losses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arcane aoe is not good.

They don't, especially not at 52.
    You use flame orb as a DPS cooldown and that's it really.

10+ Year Old Account
    would arcane explosion do any extra dmg when using the talent that increases arcane dmg on slowed targets? so frost nova than spam explosion

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    would arcane explosion do any extra dmg when using the talent that increases arcane dmg on slowed targets? so frost nova than spam explosion
    Arcane explosion is a pretty substantial mana user, so I'd stay away from spamming it. Because of the instant free cast I'll use it to finish off a low hp mob within range, but that's about it. In pvp I'll spam it to pull a rogue/feral out of stealth but that's a different situation. I use nova, fire blast, and cone of cold for different situations. Unfortunately cone of cold is better damage than blizzard right now, so I often use it before I nova to slow targets and get a good jump on damage for all mobs. Then just single target pick them off as you feel fit. Fire blast is another good instant cast like barrage, so it's easy to use on the run to still sustain at least some damage on a target chasing you down. Pretty much every spell from the different tree's stays in the spell book other than the ones I mentioned.

For arcane the best AoE damage dealer seems to be your single target rotation. If there are a lot of non-elite mobs in a small area you can arcane explosion for an average dps turnout, but it's really a situational thing.