Poll: Which side does Twin Peaks favor?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Very much a horde favoured BG.

A Druid, with parachute, Dashes, in Cat form, off of the impressively high alliance base. Lands very near, if not in, the river. GCDs into fish form with the glyph, of course. Said druid proceeds to swim up river at epic ground mount speeds while able to shift out of any slows at the drop of a hat.

Time elapsed from flag pick up to delivery, approximately 45s.

Alliance can get a fast flag snatch with an aquatic Druid but the last half is a foot race.

Deleted
    it might just be me, but from readinig this it seems that people believe that only one flag can be carried at a time. OMG the horde has our flag and makes a quick bee-line to the base, what are we going to do. Ok, so for the limited players that have the ability to parachue/slowfall/levitate and who also have a speed boost to jump this gap, there may be an advantage, just as with the water side, there are certain classes that have an advantage, but seeing as most classes dont have this ability, its not that big a deal.
    All i hear is QQing about one ability in a BG and not considering how the BG is done or any other aspect of the BG. Lets see, 1 horde mage is getting into your base, taking the flag, jumping, using slowfall and moving halfway across the map..... hmmm ever think about have defence to stop the mage taking it? If your entire team is zerging the middle, you deserve to lose, simple, however, if you have some defense that can attack or cc the mage, awesome, if he isnt alone and your defense gets killed, oh well, if he runs and slowfalls, he is gonna move further ahead than the rest of the hrode who cant do the same as him (and if you say they can, then why cant alliance follow?
    If your attacking team are decent, then alliance will have the flag, and get it to a safe spot even whilst this is happening, so OMG both flags are at the other teams base and it becomes about who is able to kill the EFC first, which OMG must favor alliance since they can use the same means as the mage did to get to the hrode base quicker to attack the flag carrier.

If your losing so much to one aspect of a BG, i suggest you adapt your playstyle so you can counter this one thing, making it irrelavant

OR does it:
    1) Limit us to where we can go to hand in the flag (Almost tunnelling us to that 1 bridge)
    2) make it crazy easy for druid flag carriers to get the flag the heck out of our base very quickly

The amount of times a druid has picked up the flag and gone like the wind out of our base is unfathomable. On the same note however it does make the last stretch for our Druid FCs to get in quickly.

However Imo getting out of the enemy's base quick > Getting into your base quick.

As much as others will disagree, I think this BG actually favours Alliance. Try jumping off our bridge and see if you loose 50% hp hey?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Retard View Post
    Wrong, how would have Alliance any use of this mechanic? We dont want to get our or horde flag back over the river. This is just moronic. The fucking cliff makes it so the horde flag carrier can dodge the zerg in the middle AND be back twice as fast with alliance flag, then we can wit the horde's.
    You're doing it wrong.

Everyone has the same mechanics accessable to them;
    It's just who.

I'm with neither, looks fine.

Deleted
    I wouldnt say the horde have a huge advantage just a slight one. People have pointed out that alliance can use water walking elixirs or druids to negate the water disadvantage which is true. But i think the authors point is a valid one. The alliance base is on a downslope which really means with the proper tools horde can get to the river pretty much instantly which is something the alliance just cant do. Hence a slight advantage.

However as with all bgs players should make the difference here also. If the alliance players happen to be better the horde advantage isnt enough to make much of a difference

First time poster and I have to admit I made an awesome rebuttle to this but I'm not allowed to post pictures yet

any idea how many posts I need before I can come back here and show you guys pure gold?

Haf it's either 10 or 15 I forget

OT: I'd say ever so slightly horde favored but not by a whole lot. Keep in mind your arguments of "Well you can do this" go both ways, sure you can jump off the cliff at the alli base and slowfall to the river but there could be a whole team of horde there waiting for you and it may be better to simply run left or right side of the map.

You also can't focus on just imbalances that favour your argument there are many alliance advantages on the map as well (one that comes to mind is you can stick a FC on the ledge at the south east corner of your base and be a one man army with knockbacks).

One of the more balanced asymmetrical BG's in the game, WSG, AV,AB, and IoC are all much more imbalanced faction wise, and Don't even get me started on Gilneas.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Here's a map of the zone:

Here are my arguments:

The Horde base's side exit is a water tunnel, making it very slow going for any Alliance flag carriers.
    The Alliance base is on a cliff, allowing the Horde to jump off with movement speed + parachutes allowing for a flying flag carrier to get all the way to, if not past the river very quickly and safely.

What do you think? Personally, I can't get past seeing a Goblin Mage fly to the river and then rocket boost across the river. Having a Sprint would make it all the more ridiculous.
    Does AV favor Alliance?

It favors alliance, druids in seal form anyone? Yeah
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Deleted
    Does AV favor Alliance?
    One could argue.
    For years I've been hearing about bridge providing unfair advantage. But there's another way, there are 2 narrow places in the map, where one is near graveyard on horde side, and second near bunker on alliance side. The problem of later is that graveyard is before narrow pass, so players respawning there are already doomed and in fact it's easier to cap, gaining advantage ultimately leading horde for final siege. When successfuly burning the most of bunkers, it's very unlikely to loose, unless they allowed towers to be burned.

I'm not a PVPer but over the years I have played some BGs and know that some like AV favor the alliance so it's about time that Horde gets a BG that could possibly favor the Horde.

Although reading other peoples posts about water walking, druid forms and rocket jump (dropping the flag where worgens much more versatile running racial I'm sure dosn't) it seems that it may not be true at all, possibly the other way around. I'll try it for myself one day and see for myself but as of now, I'd say it doesn't favor Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotjuice View Post
    It favors alliance, druids in seal form anyone? Yeah
    This would maybe make sense if you could fly into the Alliance base, but you can't, so it doesn't make sense.

If alliance players weren't in general so terrible, they would let a druid run the flag and then...

Exit out of water tunnel, enter aquatic form.

Instead of surfacing right out of the gates by the swine farm where the power-up is, consider swimming under water for the length of the waterway. You're hidden until you emerge outside of the gryphon hatchery on the alliance side of the river. Observant Horde players may notice the faint red glow at the bottom of the river, but chances are they won't!

Quote Originally Posted by Garuk View Post
    If alliance players weren't in general so terrible, they would let a druid run the flag and then...

Exit out of water tunnel, enter aquatic form.

Instead of surfacing right out of the gates by the swine farm where the power-up is, consider swimming under water for the length of the waterway. You're hidden until you emerge outside of the gryphon hatchery on the alliance side of the river. Observant Horde players may notice the faint red glow at the bottom of the river, but chances are they won't!
    Horde can do that too but in reverse. Can you fly into the Alliance base?

I have yet to lose a twin peaks battle as Alliance, though I only do premades and rated BGs. The water tunnel is really nice for Path of Frost, Water Walking, Aquatic form, and to a lesser extent, levitate. Also remember, anyone chasing you out the tunnel has to deal with the water too, so it's kinda a double edged sword.

---------- Post added 2011-01-08 at 06:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Horde can do that too but in reverse. Can you fly into the Alliance base?
    I'd love to see horde cross the field diagonally in order to use the water tunnel. Would be the slowest possible way for them to get the flag back to their base, short of running in circles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance druids can parachute/slowfall down to the river, swim to the base in aquatic form, grab the flag, swim back up the river and come out at the gryphon hatchery and travel form/sprint and even darkflight back to their base.

Whereas Horde can do the same thing, instead swimming up the river and running up to take the flag, then parachuting back down and swimming back.

So no, both sides have it equal.

Quote Originally Posted by DomBomb1 View Post
    I have yet to lose a twin peaks battle as Alliance, though I only do premades and rated BGs. The water tunnel is really nice for Path of Frost, Water Walking, Aquatic form, and to a lesser extent, levitate. Also remember, anyone chasing you out the tunnel has to deal with the water too, so it's kinda a double edged sword.

---------- Post added 2011-01-08 at 06:03 AM ----------

I'd love to see horde cross the field diagonally in order to use the water tunnel. Would be the slowest possible way for them to get the flag back to their base, short of running in circles.
    Funny thing you say that because Alliance would have to go diagonally to use the river to the extend people are claiming. Surely the river would be faster than running if using it for Alliance is so much faster. Let's just assume that's it's as good as using a slowfall. ONE class has Aquatic Form, two classes have a Slowfall, all Engineers have a slowfall, Noggenfogger gives you a slowfall.

Quote Originally Posted by Sut View Post
    Alliance druids can parachute/slowfall down to the river, swim to the base in aquatic form, grab the flag, swim back up the river and come out at the gryphon hatchery and travel form/sprint and even darkflight back to their base.

Whereas Horde can do the same thing, instead swimming up the river and running up to take the flag, then parachuting back down and swimming back.

So no, both sides have it equal.
    Getting out of the opposing base and through the middle is far harder than getting into the opposing base.
    Last edited by v2prwsmb45yhuq3wj23vpjk; 2011-01-08 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Does the goblin rocket belt racial drop it as well? Not a snarky comment, just curious - because that is what the OP is talking about.
    It does not, i just used it in WSG on a level 14 gobo rogue, i didnt drop the flag.
    Oh hi

Quote Originally Posted by Retard View Post
    Wrong, how would have Alliance any use of this mechanic? We dont want to get our or horde flag back over the river. This is just moronic. The fucking cliff makes it so the horde flag carrier can dodge the zerg in the middle AND be back twice as fast with alliance flag, then we can wit the horde's.
    See the word "pursuing?" That means, Ally Flag Defenders who happen to have Engi can also Rocket Boot + Parachute/Slowfall after any Horde FC that uses that tactic.. keeping them right with the Horde FC. And any team, regardless of faction, fighting in the middle instead of Supporting an FC or Pursuing an EFC is doomed to start with. Well maybe not doomed. If they're slighly less worse than the opposing team who is also fighting in the middle they may win. Bad teams aren't what the BG is designed around however.

Quote Originally Posted by Jest View Post
    See the word "pursuing?" That means, Ally Flag Defenders who happen to have Engi can also Rocket Boot + Parachute/Slowfall after any Horde FC that uses that tactic.. keeping them right with the Horde FC. And any team, regardless of faction, fighting in the middle instead of Supporting an FC or Pursuing an EFC is doomed to start with. Well maybe not doomed. If they're slighly less worse than the opposing team who is also fighting in the middle they may win. Bad teams aren't what the BG is designed around however.
    Can't cast anything but instants and can't melee them at all.